2021 NFL Offseason Thread

I love my idea that would never happen. 18 game schedule with 60 man roster instead of 53, but a non kicker/punter/long snapper can only play 16 games. Think how much fun that would be.

Is this a done deal?
How will they determine who the extra game will be?

Yeah it was a part of the new CBA. I still don’t know how the extra game is decided. Hope it’s interconference. Some AFC-NFC matchups should happen more than once every 4 years.

Reactions: MAD
After thinking on it, it would be kinda cool if they develop permanent cross-conference “rivalries” to play every year similar to the permanent division rivalries in the SEC. And given that the NFL season is several games longer and interconference matchups don’t have many postseason implications, I think it would be much easier to support.

Just off the top of my head, the Giants and Jets should have a “battle of New York” each year. The Raiders and Niners don’t make as much sense now, but that would’ve been another good one pre-Raiders move. The Steelers and Cowboys are still a classic matchup that most folks would tune into.

And for the lesser knowns, I wouldn’t mind seeing the Titans take on the Falcons or Panthers each year, just to build up a regional rivalry.

There’s a lot of things they can do with a 17-game format. I’ve also heard mentions of having every team play a London game and having that extra “neutral” site game cancel out the odd number of home/away.

After thinking on it, it would be kinda cool if they develop permanent cross-conference “rivalries” to play every year similar to the permanent division rivalries in the SEC. And given that the NFL season is several games longer and interconference matchups don’t have many postseason implications, I think it would be much easier to support.

Just off the top of my head, the Giants and Jets should have a “battle of New York” each year. The Raiders and Niners don’t make as much sense now, but that would’ve been another good one pre-Raiders move. The Steelers and Cowboys are still a classic matchup that most folks would tune into.

And for the lesser knowns, I wouldn’t mind seeing the Titans take on the Falcons or Panthers each year, just to build up a regional rivalry.

There’s a lot of things they can do with a 17-game format. I’ve also heard mentions of having every team play a London game and having that extra “neutral” site game cancel out the odd number of home/away.

Not bad idea, but the Steelers/Eagles would be a better Rivalry game for the fans

Reactions: orangepridenation
Most teams are already run down by the 15th game. It’s an added “rest your starters” game.
You have a good point. Also by the 17th games even more teams will be out of the playoff picture or have things wrapped up.

Reactions: butchna

Let’s see if I can do this

Steelers/Eagles
Jets/Giants
Chargers/Rams
Titans/Falcons
Dolphins/Bucs
Jaguars/Panthers
Texans/Cowboys
Bills/Lions
Ravens/WFT
Browns/Bears
Raiders/Cardinals
Chiefs/Saints
Colts/Packers
Bengals/Vikings
Broncos/49ers
Patriots/Seahawks

Pats/Seattle is really the dumb one but I only got 7 west coast teams lol

Steelers/Eagles
Jets/Giants
Chargers/Rams
Titans/Falcons
Dolphins/Bucs
Jaguars/Panthers
Texans/Cowboys
Bills/Lions
Ravens/WFT
Browns/Bears
Raiders/Cardinals
Chiefs/Saints
Colts/Packers
Bengals/Vikings
Broncos/49ers
Patriots/Seahawks

That would actually be a really cool idea. Bonus for the NY and LA teams, they don't have to go anywhere that week.

Pat/Seahawks at least I guess have a very minor Super Bowl rivalry.

That would actually be a really cool idea. Bonus for the NY and LA teams, they don't have to go anywhere that week.

Pat/Seahawks at least I guess have a very minor Super Bowl rivalry.

You could do this.

Pats/Eagles
Steelers/Bears
Bengals/Panthers
Browns/Vikings
Jaguars/Saints
Chiefs/49ers
Broncos/Seahawks
Raiders/Cardinals
Chargers/Rams
Dolphins/Bucs
Titans/Falcons
Colts/Packers
Ravens/WFT
Bills/Lions
Jets/Giants
Texans/Cowboys

Steelers/Eagles
Jets/Giants
Chargers/Rams
Titans/Falcons
Dolphins/Bucs
Jaguars/Panthers
Texans/Cowboys
Bills/Lions
Ravens/WFT
Browns/Bears
Raiders/Cardinals
Chiefs/Saints
Colts/Packers
Bengals/Vikings
Broncos/49ers
Patriots/Seahawks

Ravens/WFT needs to happen in more than the preseason

Hard to believe the Detroit Lions have more hall of famers than the colts, broncos, 49ers, and Patriots.
F9223190-86ED-4ED4-8C33-06EBEA86BD3E.jpeg

GOAT safety. There have been a lot of great safeties but I give it to him. He was a sure tackler, hit like a truck, and nobody was as good in coverage. He's arguably the most dangerous safety with the ball in his hands, too.

The Falcons 2021 football schedule has been set and it looks like they will probably win 5-6 games at the most.

Home Games

Panthers
Lions
Patriots
Saints
Jets
Eagles
Buccaneers
Washington

Away Games

Bills
Panthers
Cowboys
Dolphins
Saints
Giants
49'ers
Buccaneers

Falcons 2021 schedule: Opponents officially set

Here are my NFC and AFC predictions for the 2021 season

NFC East Champions: Washington
NFC South Champions: Tampa Bay
NFC North Champions: Green Bay
NFC West Champions: Arizona

NFC Wildcard Teams: New Orleans,Seattle and Chicago

NFC Champions: Tampa Bay

AFC East Champions: Buffalo
AFC South Champions: Indianapolis
AFC North Champions: Cleveland
AFC West Champions: Kansas City

AFC Wildcard Teams: Tennessee,Pittsburgh and Baltimore

AFC Champions: Buffalo

Hearing PFTCommenter call Jack Easterby the NFL Rasputin has me dead

Last edited:
Reactions: Border Vol
Not that it matters with the Pittman/wentz number issue. But from what I read
Pittman has only worn 11 for one year, he never worn that number in high school or college while Wentz has always worn 11 his whole career.

Reactions: Border Vol

Steelers/Eagles
Jets/Giants
Chargers/Rams
Titans/Falcons
Dolphins/Bucs
Jaguars/Panthers
Texans/Cowboys
Bills/Lions
Ravens/WFT
Browns/Bears
Raiders/Cardinals
Chiefs/Saints
Colts/Packers
Bengals/Vikings
Broncos/49ers
Patriots/Seahawks

Looks like you did a pretty good job zjc.

Reactions: zjcvols
Not that it matters with the Pittman/wentz number issue. But from what I read
Pittman has only worn 11 for one year, he never worn that number in high school or college while Wentz has always worn 11 his whole career.
Jmo, but the young guy should let the
older one have the number. Hope it
doesn't cause a big rift.

VN Store

Back