2021 NFL Draft Thread (April 29th-May 1st)

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
The NFL Draft where if the Lions take a QB I will willfully enter myself into a psych hospital

Reactions: MAD
I'm hoping Broncos go Lance, Fields, or trade back for Surtain. Please do not trade up for anything in the 1st rd.

The Falcons make or break the whole draft. If they take a QB, then all hell breaks loose and some team is gonna drastically overpay to trade up and take the fifth QB. If they don’t, then the Broncos will take one of the two remaining and then somebody will move up between 10-13 to get the fifth one.

Give me your 3rd for this year and I’ll swap you #7 for #9

That's all it would take? If that's what we need to do to secure who is ever left out of Fields and Lance, I would do that. Maybe we would take Sewell*, too? Definitely not a WR this year, and probably not even Pitts if he somehow fell that far.

Who do you want them to pick if they keep #7?

*We have two pricey tackles secured, but that doesn't mean we can't move somebody on the line.

That's all it would take? If that's what we need to do to secure who is ever left out of Fields and Lance, I would do that. Maybe we would take Sewell*, too? Definitely not a WR this year, and probably not even Pitts if he somehow fell that far.

Who do you want them to pick if they keep #7?

*We have two pricey tackles secured, but that doesn't mean we can't move somebody on the line.

I am all in on Sewell or Slater. The Lions could have an elite OL next year with those guys and not having to pay megabucks for it. If Chase falls to #7 and Sewell is gone I would be fine with that. I don’t want Waddle or Smith unless they trade down.

Just don’t take a QB. I’m not a huge Goff fan but he’s a fine placeholder this year. They need too much help to take a chance on Lance or Fields

Reactions: Chippo
If the 49ers take Mac Jones I'm going to be very sad. But I think it'll be Trey Lance

If the 49ers take Mac Jones I'm going to be very sad. But I think it'll be Trey Lance

I just can’t imagine giving up two first round picks to take Mac Jones when he would probably had been available at 13 to begin with.

I just can’t imagine giving up two first round picks to take Mac Jones when he would probably had been available at 13 to begin with.
Yeah, that's been the buzz though. I do think Kyle has a certain amount of stubbornness and knows he can scheme great offenses with just solid QBs who don't play out of the system. But ultimately I think Lance is the best combination of pro-readiness, scheme fit, and potential in terms of what the niners are probably looking for. My theory is they may have even floated some of the Mac stuff so that when they take Lance over Fields, fans won't be mad but will just be relieved it's not Jones. But that may be just me trying to convince myself its not Mac. I am split whether I prefer Fields or Lance, I lean Fields most days but would be fine with either

I am all in on Sewell or Slater. The Lions could have an elite OL next year with those guys and not having to pay megabucks for it. If Chase falls to #7 and Sewell is gone I would be fine with that. I don’t want Waddle or Smith unless they trade down.

Just don’t take a QB. I’m not a huge Goff fan but he’s a fine placeholder this year. They need too much help to take a chance on Lance or Fields

FYI, pretty strong rumors around here that Cards want to trade up with you to get Waddle.

It doesn't make sense to me but Shanahan likes QB's like Matt Ryan and Kirk Cousins way more than the rest of us do.

FYI, pretty strong rumors around here that Cards want to trade up with you to get Waddle.

That’s what Peter Schrager mocked...I wouldn’t be against that, I’m curious what the haul would be

Down to Jones or Lance for #3 apparently.

My question is, why you trading two extra first round picks and you don’t know who you are gonna get yet four days before the draft?

‘83 draft was on of the most legendary drafts ever. Deep with QB talent and the Lions are like "hell yeah we're taking a fullback."

Look at some of the players they passed on.
C0ED67FD-279F-47DF-A362-304BBE2A1D57.jpeg

Reactions: tn4elvis
‘83 draft was on of the most legendary drafts ever. Deep with QB talent and the Lions are like "hell yeah we're taking a fullback."

Look at some of the players they passed on.
View attachment 364437

Darrell Green: “kick returner” has me dead

Yeah the Lions taking a FB before Jim Kelly sounds about right

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum

He had the longest TD punt return in a Super Bowl until Desmond Howard

After calling Terry Kinard “the best DB in the draft.”

Reactions: MAD
Can't wait to see what my Panthers do. Are they really still interested in Fields at 8, or is that a smokescreen to try and make another team trade ahead of them to push Sewell or Pitts down? We will see soon enough!
If anyone is interested, I've got a few new eps of my draft podcast up. One is about positional rankings and one is a two round mock...because I think that's a requirement as an American. It's called the UDFA Podcast. On iTunes and SoundCloud.

VN Store

Back