2021 NBA Season Thread aka The James “Corona Club” Harden Victory Tour

Btw, the MVP effs around and gets a triple/double and the Nuggets split in Phoenix, is my prediction for tonight

Booker is going to get 35 ppg if the Jazz face him in the WCF. We got nobody who can guard him.
Well, u know more about that than I do, but if that happens, I will be a Jazz fan for the first time in this Playoffs. How bad does Denver miss Jamal in this series ? Enough to not win it, imo

I hate teams that quit before the 3rd quarter, down 19, yeah, but didn't play Jokic a minute in the 4th, f#ck Denver and Malone. GO home and split, then get your a$$ beat in Game 5 in Phoenix, sorry a$$ playoffs, seems like every game is a blowout and teams quit so early now-a-days

Searching "Booker" I didn't find a whole lot to be sorry about. Here is the last bad thing I said about him, almost 4 years ago:

The Suns are sadly in the worst position of any franchise. All these lottery picks the last few years and Booker is the only guy who has shown any promise and he's really just a scorer and not a complete basketball player. It's a mess. Hopefully some of these guys can turn the corner.

It seems the worst thing I did was call him Melo without the rebounding, which was pretty true at the time but he's become a very good passer and I like the defensive effort even if the results are just average.

I did try to trade him for Butler because there were hints that he wanted to pair up with KAT somewhere.

And then I said this over 2 years ago:

I'm officially buying Devin Booker stock. I think he could be the top scorer on a contender. It'd have to be a carefully crafted team, but he's becoming great enough at the one thing he's really good at (scoring) to make the right squad dangerous, and his passing numbers are much improved this year, too. His squad would need to look something like this, with quality everywhere:

DB
A Jrue Holliday type
3 and D
3 and D + rebounding
Rim runner

Then a quality instant offense 6th man.

So did we @zjcvols have some conversation where I said he sucked or something?

I can't remember what the original conversation was, exactly, but I'm pretty sure we already had this moment of contrition.

Sorry work is super slow we might have had that convo.

It was mainly about efficiency, you were saying he was inefficient and I said give it time, he’s young and will become elite.

I actually wish Phoenix would use Ayton more as a scorer, he could easily put up 20-25/game efficiently IMO

Look I said Stanley Johnson would be an all star if and my NBA comparison for Markelle Fultz was James Harden if you ever want to throw something back in my face 😂😂😂

Sorry work is super slow we might have had that convo.

It was mainly about efficiency, you were saying he was inefficient and I said give it time, he’s young and will become elite.

I actually wish Phoenix would use Ayton more as a scorer, he could easily put up 20-25/game efficiently IMO

Yeah, the efficiency thing is really hard to predict because some guys just have habits they need to change and they'll be efficient, whereas other guys are never going to be efficient. So I'm always wary of guys who are primarily scorers but haven't figured out how to be efficient, and I've been wrong on those guys' ceilings more than a few times (Ingram, Booker).

Yeah, the efficiency thing is really hard to predict because some guys just have habits they need to change and they'll be efficient, whereas other guys are never going to be efficient. So I'm always wary of guys who are primarily scorers but haven't figured out how to be efficient, and I've been wrong on those guys' ceilings more than a few times (Ingram, Booker).

I always try and look at the team too with young guys.!Does he have a PG who can get him the ball in good spots? Does their coach run a competent offense? Is there good spacing on the team? Does he have bigs that set screens for him? Is he chasing 3’s because they’re down? With Booker, all those questions were negatives (no, no, no, no, yes) and it made sense to me why he wasn’t efficient.

I always try and look at the team too with young guys.!Does he have a PG who can get him the ball in good spots? Does their coach run a competent offense? Is there good spacing on the team? Does he have bigs that set screens for him? Is he chasing 3’s because they’re down? With Booker, all those questions were negatives (no, no, no, no, yes) and it made sense to me why he wasn’t efficient.

Really, the biggest thing is that he became a very good passer. If he were just a scorer still, albeit super efficient, I wouldn't have changed my tune that much on him (and he probably wouldn't be as efficient scoring if the pass threat were not there).

Hermosa foto

197282046_10165639558375268_3207547384480463799_n.jpg

Did you know of the final 8 nba playoff teams…

Nets/Clippers/Nuggets/Suns/Jazz- Never won a title

Last NBA title
76ers- 1983
Hawks- 1957
Bucks- 1971

VN Store

Back