2024 NASCAR Pick-Em Rules

95 Vol Alum

Go Big Vols!
2024 NASCAR Pick'Em Contest Rules

1. Pick 6 drivers by grouping in each race and enter your picks in the appropriate thread each week. The first pick should be who you are picking to win the race for bonus points.

2. Picks are to be made from a seeded driver listing included in the entry thread. Drivers are split into three groups: A, B & C. You may ONLY PICK TWO (2) drivers from each group. If a contestant picks 3 or more drivers from any group, only the first 2 drivers listed would be counted (3rd driver not counted).

3. As driver changes and drivers failing to qualify for races are common in Group C, contestants are responsible for making sure their picks are up to date before the deadline or risk receiving a 0 as a score for a driver not in the race. Updates will try to be given regularly to help avoid this. **Group C will include all drivers who are entered, even those ineligible to earn NASCAR points. If you pick one of these drivers, I will calculate the points based off of finishing position. ex. 10th place earns 27 points, 30th place earns 7, etc.**

4. Entries must specify the exact driver in the case of those with identical last names (example - Kyle/Kurt Busch) Entries with last name only will be awarded the points of the lowest finishing driver. **This can be mitigated by using the driver's number**

5. All picks must be entered by the original listed deadline for each race, or in the event of a postponement, picks must be entered by the new listed deadline. In the event of a delay in the race that will be run on the original race day that doesn't have a set start time, picks must be entered before the start of the race. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!

6. Each race will have a tie-breaker pick which requires picking the finish position of a designated driver. If there is a tie for the winner, the contestant who most closely picked the finishing position of the tiebreaker will win. If there is a tie in the tiebreaker, then the person who made their picks first will be the winner.

Contest Format

1. Picking the race winner will earn 5 bonus points.

2. Driver points are based on official NASCAR points awarded per finishing position, stage points, and bonus points.

Championship Rules

The contest will follow the same format as the NASCAR Championship.

1. The top 15 drivers with the most wins over the first 26 races will earn a spot in the playoffs – provided they have finished in the top 30 in points. The 16th playoff position will go to the points leader after race No. 26, if he/she does not have a victory. In the event that there are 16 or more different winners over 26 races, the only winless driver who can earn a playoff spot would be the points leader after 26 races.

2. As the start of the playoffs, each eligible driver’s point total is reset to 2000 points, plus the total number of playoff points they earned during the regular season.

3. Playoff points are also awarded during each round of the playoffs.

4. At the start of each following round of the playoffs, the points are again reset (3000, 4000, and 5000) among eligible drivers and playoff points are added to that amount, with the exception of the Championship race at Homestead-Miami.

5. For the championship race, the final four drivers start with 5000 points, earn no bonus points, and the highest finisher is the Champion.

Last edited:
Can I play even though the season has already started? I'm new here. I just like Nascar and I dont care if I'm back of the standings to start. :)

No changes for this season outside of the groupings for the race. Please verify the driver groupings for your Daytona entry as some drivers have moved this season.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I have updated the previous season's rules in the OP. Please review and let me know if you have any questions.

VN Store

Back