2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

I just watched the whole game linked above. It's mind boggling those 2 teams were playing for a region championship. It was so brutal my eyeballs ache.

Miles scored 14 points. She made (2) 3 pointers. I believe she was 2-4 from 3 point range. She made (2) 2 pointers. I believe she was 2-10. All her 2 point attempts were from 3 feet and in after drives. She was out of control on most of them and put up circus shots that had no chance of going in. She made 4 free throws. I believe she was 4-8. She had 7 turnovers.

Judging from that game it's hard for me to see how she could contribute at UT.

Miles scored 14 points. She made (2) 3 pointers. I believe she was 2-4 from 3 point range. She made (2) 2 pointers. I believe she was 2-10. All her 2 point attempts were from 3 feet and in after drives. She was out of control on most of them and put up circus shots that had no chance of going in. She made 4 free throws. I believe she was 4-8. She had 7 turnovers.
So I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. That description sounds brutally familiar.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
So I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. That description sounds brutally familiar.
Any fans who thought that a 3-star PG freshman was going to come in and be a contributor was suffering from wishful thinking. She will have time to improve, but I think too many fans are putting totally unrealistic expectations on this freshman class.

PG will be Walker, Salary and Horston. Miles probably won't be counted on until her sophomore year.

I just watched the whole game linked above. It's mind boggling those 2 teams were playing for a region championship. It was so brutal my eyeballs ache....

You're telling me. Lakeway's middle school team could have whipped Lafayette.
Will be interesting to see what they face and how they perform in state

Any fans who thought that a 3-star PG freshman was going to come in and be a contributor was suffering from wishful thinking. She will have time to improve, but I think too many fans are putting totally unrealistic expectations on this freshman class.

PG will be Walker, Salary and Horston. Miles probably won't be counted on until her sophomore year.
I learned long ago during the Holly nightmare not to ever count on any recruit, even a highly touted one, until I see them successfully perform on the court. Of the incoming class, from the little I've seen, I have the most hope for immediate help from Striplin.

Totally agree on the PG rotation, while holding out hope of a portal miracle. I never though Miles would pay off immediately. If her stats from today are a true indication, poor shooting, frequently out of control, high turnover PG, its a hard pass. We got those coming out our ears.

I was on the Mile's wagon long before she was signed and if Coach K can get fulltime effort out of her, she indeed will fill a very longstanding void.

I agree GT, this classs will surpass expectations of this board....I've seen Pucket move and she is fluid and strong and can shoot the lights out,,,Striplin played girls much taller than she was in the games I saw and she whipped their butts,,,,Wynn is my pick to be the most athletic, since Meme Jackson and Miles is a scatback,,,Bring on Justine and a top-five-post the year after and the proverbial sky's the limit

seems you already gave your opinion of her

I learned long ago during the Holly nightmare not to ever count on any recruit, even a highly touted one, until I see them successfully perform on the court. Of the incoming class, from the little I've seen, I have the most hope for immediate help from Striplin.

Totally agree on the PG rotation, while holding out hope of a portal miracle. I never though Miles would pay off immediately. If her stats from today are a true indication, poor shooting, frequently out of control, high turnover PG, its a hard pass. We got those coming out our ears.

Wynn is my pick to stun the fanbase and yes, Striplin will be as good as advertised. Puckett was the highest rated of them all and she can shoot and drive, but she was on a team that she tried her best to make better and they never lived up to her efforts, so she may need a little time to get her confidence back, but when she does, she has got game. I have seen Striplin and Wynn the most and feel very strongly about them. Puckett was knocked out of the tourney I attended that she was playing in, so I never got to see her play but a few minutes, but those minutes were impressive,,,She is TOUGH!

Last edited:
Wynn is my pick to stun the fanbase and yes, Striplin will be as good as advertised. Puckett was the highest rated of them all and she can shoot and drive, but she was on a team that she tried her best to make better and they never lived up to her efforts, so she may need a little time to get her confidence back, but when she does, she has got game. I have seen Striplin and Wynn the most and feel very strongly about them. Puckett was knocked out of the tourney I attended that she was playing in, so I never got to see her play but a few minutes, but those minutes were impressive,,,She is TOUGH!

So do you think any of them will be starters by the end of the season? If so, who do you think they displace?

So do you think any of them will be starters by the end of the season? If so, who do you think they displace?

Though my future pick is Wynn, she still has Rae and Jordan in the spot she would fill, so she will factor in with the luxury of not having to be rushed.

If I had to pick one who would displace her predecessors it would be Striplin. SHe has a complete game and is more versatile than any "4" we presently have. SHe will have to work on short-spurt quickness and full-court down-speed, but as far as interior defending, scoring and mid-range game,,,she is better than anyone we have...with her passing, and midrange game,,,she and Key, in the Hi-Lo would be deadly

A little hyperbole but will she be the best all around athlete in the SEC next year? Don’t know that she will need much work with the strength and conditioning coach.

Unlikely for a freshman coming in without the benefit of a collegiate strength and conditioning program...especially with the upperclassmen who have.

Reactions: travis929
True but being a pentathalete (is that a word?) is pretty darn impressive.
I don't think there's any doubt that she's an excellent athlete. I just think it's unlikely she'll be a cut above some pretty athletic upperclassmen who already have several years of working with college-level trainers.

Unlikely for a freshman coming in without the benefit of a collegiate strength and conditioning program...especially with the upperclassmen who have.

Top five kind of talent can be the solution as a freshman. We haven’t gotten that, far from it at PG. Hopefully the grad transfer route helps. But if so, she needs to have the quickness to get into the lane. Getting a difference making PG would fill another spot by allowing Horsten to move to wing.

VN Store

Back