2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Cierra Burdick had the best form, purest shot IMO and I agree Rae has a similar three point shot. I would expect to see her focus on driving with her left hand in the coming year to enhance her offensive abilities even more.
Cierra didnt last long in the WNBA hope thats not the case for Rae

Cierra didnt last long in the WNBA hope thats not the case for Rae

I can kinda see the comparison based on style of play alone. In reality Cierra was nowhere near as good as Rae. Best she ever shot from 3 in college was 37% and averaged 11 points in her best season. As a Junior she averaged 36% and 8.7 ppg.

Rae is averaging 17.3 and 43% from deep. Her numbers indicate she will be much more successful at the next level. All love to Cierra, but Rae has got more going on.

She was a better rebounder than Rae at this point in her game. Cierra was good for over 7 a game. An area Burrell could improve and actually score more. She’s missing out on some second chance opportunities IMO.

Sometimes she’s having to cheat back on defense because she’s guarding the opposing teams best player. Limits some oboard chances for her.

I don't think freshman Striplin will be an upgrade over senior KK. Maybe by the time she's a senior, but the inside game will take a hit with KK leaving. They'll miss her physicality. Similar for Kaiya. Rennia is a Wooden Award candidate and would leave as likely a top 5 WNBA draft pick. Kaiya will not replace that in her first year.

I think next season will go as Rae goes, with Tamari continuing her role as a defensive anchor.

Why ppl keep thinking that Freshman can not perform over a senior. Have u guys just started watching sports. Just because they don't rank # doesn't mean they can not perform.

Why ppl keep thinking that Freshman can not perform over a senior. Have u guys just started watching sports. Just because they don't rank # doesn't mean they can not perform.
Because the likelihood that players ranked in the 40+ range coming in as a freshman will outperform a McD AA, First Team All SEC, possible WBCA AA and likely 4 Top WNBA pick is slim to none.

Because the likelihood that players ranked in the 40+ range coming in as a freshman will outperform a McD AA, First Team All SEC, possible WBCA AA and likely 4 Top WNBA pick is slim to none.

Taking a look at next year ? Will Davis or Green or ??? Come back .🤷‍♂️ Will anyone transfer or transfer to us ? Lots of questions...

If we have a normal transition to next year !
1. Rae
2. Walker
3. Horston
4. Key
5. Suarez
Probably starters?
6. Saunders
7. Rennie
8. Darby
9. Puckett
10 Stricklin
11 Wynn
12 Miles.

After the starters .... who else will play ? 🤷‍♂️
We have a few players who have been in a game with limited minutes and four freshmen coming in .... Unless you are playing the starters 40 minutes ! The other 7 players will get some minutes . Who is going to relieve the 4 & 5 positions? It will have to be Saunders or Stricklin or Puckett... So those freshmen are going to play !!!! Will they work into a starter ?
Will Suarez or Key or anyone get hurt ? The positions 1—3 , after Salary ..... Tess and Rennie , Wynn , Miles . That’s five players for three spots . A few more backups ...... 12 players looks like a lot of players but 7 of the 12 are freshmen and sophomores! Going to be interesting.

Taking a look at next year ? Will Davis or Green or ??? Come back .🤷‍♂️ Will anyone transfer or transfer to us ? Lots of questions...

1. Rae
2. Walker
3. Horston
4. Key
5. Suarez
Probably starters?
6. Saunders
7. Rennie
8. Darby
9. Puckett
10 Stricklin
11 Wynn
12 Miles.

We have a few players who have been in a game with limited minutes and four freshmen coming in .... Unless you are playing the starters 40 minutes ! The other 7 players will get some minutes . Who is going to relieve the 4 & 5 positions? It will have to be Saunders or Stricklin or Puckett... So those freshmen are going to play !!!! Will they work into a starter ?
Will Suarez or Key or anyone get hurt ? The positions 1—3 , after Salary ..... Tess and Rennie , Wynn , Miles . That’s five players for three spots . A few more backups ...... 12 players looks like a lot of players but 7 of the 12 are freshmen and sophomores! Going to be interesting.
I think Green comes back if she is healthy enough to play. I think both Stricklin and Green can handle what KK has been doing with no problem. The key is who will replace what Davis does. I don't see anyone yet although you hope that players will get better and mature and possibly advance in ability much like Rae from sophomore to junior.

I think Green comes back if she is healthy enough to play. I think both Stricklin and Green can handle what KK has been doing with no problem. The key is who will replace what Davis does. I don't see anyone yet although you hope that players will get better and mature and possibly advance in ability much like Rae from sophomore to junior.

If Green comes back , then she probably starts because of experience. But I don’t see her making that 15 foot shot but Stricklin can !!! Taking Rennia’s place ... not looking good ! JMO But I see Rae and Jordan H moving more to the 3-4 and Walker, Salary , Wynn , or Miles with our new small ball game when needed ? I can imagine Horston at the foul line in tripe threat positions.... I don’t think many could stop her from scoring!!!! Suarez came in as a Freshman and started ..... with her over seas experience and a year under her belt , she should be even better next year ? She may take KK’s spot at the 4 as her BB IQ is high and I can see her at the foul line making decisions and/or that 15 foot shot.
Then there is the portal .... would like another experienced pg . Or another big 🤷‍♂️

1. Rae
2. Walker
3. Horston
4. Key
5. Suarez
Probably starters?
6. Saunders
7. Rennie
8. Darby
9. Puckett
10 Stricklin
11 Wynn
12 Miles.

Must....must.....get a big time grad transfer contributor at guard or else our ceiling next season is capped. Rennie and Darby can't be regular rotation guards. Rae, Walker, Horston, Salary is not enough. Wynn could be ready to contribute but how much?

If Green comes back , then she probably starts because of experience. But I don’t see her making that 15 foot shot but Stricklin can !!! Taking Rennia’s place ... not looking good ! JMO But I see Rae and Jordan H moving more to the 3-4 and Walker, Salary , Wynn , or Miles with our new small ball game when needed ? I can imagine Horston at the foul line in tripe threat positions.... I don’t think many could stop her from scoring!!!! Suarez came in as a Freshman and started ..... with her over seas experience and a year under her belt , she should be even better next year ? She may take KK’s spot at the 4 as her BB IQ is high and I can see her at the foul line making decisions and/or that 15 foot shot.
Then there is the portal .... would like another experienced pg . Or another big 🤷‍♂️
Rennia come back please! 🧘

I think both will surpass what KK has done this year. They are more Mobil, have better handles, and are much better scorers. I realize has improved a lot during this season and would still see playing time if she comes back.

Striplin will be much more of an offensive threat than KK is this season....She's mobile and can shoot shots KK would never be able to hit...Just the way it is guys.

The defenses leave KK alone when she is 15-18 feet away, knowing she won't shoot, or if she does, there is a low probability it will go in...Since they know she won't shoot, they double team someone else that often turns into turnovers when KK makes a bad/questionable pass.

If they do that to Striplin, she will be popping double figure scores in a lot of games....She is made to be a double digit scorer....

After around 3-4 games next season, we should see some serious stuff, when the girls get use to each others abilities....The pick and roll will be wearing orange and white next season, I guarantee it.
thumbnail.jpg

I don't think freshman Striplin will be an upgrade over senior KK. Maybe by the time she's a senior, but the inside game will take a hit with KK leaving. They'll miss her physicality. Similar for Kaiya. Rennia is a Wooden Award candidate and would leave as likely a top 5 WNBA draft pick. Kaiya will not replace that in her first year.

I think next season will go as Rae goes, with Tamari continuing her role as a defensive anchor.

If Key continues to develope and we learn how to make an entry pass we will dominate the paint and Key will avg about 17-10-4 per game. We will have a true point and maybe she can make an entry pass.

VN Store

Back