2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Karoline has hit 168 of 191 Free Throws as a senior for 88 percent. She has scored 625 points in 23 games played. She has made 224 of 355 field goal attempts for 63 percent. For her entire career she has made 547 of 734 free throw attempts for 75 percent. She only made 55 percent of her free throw attempts as a freshman and has been averaging 80 percent since. She has score 2869 points in 174 games played in high school. She has 1751 rebounds in 174 games played. One bad stat she is averaging 4 turnovers per game played.

It is my prayer she is ready on arrival to run high-low with Key.

It is my prayer she is ready on arrival to run high-low with Key.
I don't think it will be very difficult to give us the 4.3 ppg per game KK provided there. There is always the experience factor for a freshman to contend with your going into an entire different level of basketball competition some can handle it and some take a while to adjust. Only time will tell for her looks like unless Green comes back healthy she will be thrown right into the fire.

I don't think it will be very difficult to give us the 4.3 ppg per game KK provided there. There is always the experience factor for a freshman to contend with your going into an entire different level of basketball competition some can handle it and some take a while to adjust. Only time will tell for her looks like unless Green comes back healthy she will be thrown right into the fire.

She is ready, I have watched several games of hers on NFHS and she does things that can't be seen on stat sheets...She shoots from the temple, not the shoulder,,,she never brings the ball down on a rebound,,,she is tireless working to get an entry,,,she can rebound a ball high and pivot and throw the ball to the other front-court with precision,,,she doesn't just block on "stuffs" she can block a mid-range shooter without fouling,,,this kid has game!..And BTW, she often runs the point position

Last edited:
She is ready, I have watched several games of hers on NFHS and she does things that can't be seen on stat sheets...She shoots from the temple, not the shoulder,,,she never brings the ball down on a rebound,,,she is tireless working to get an entry,,,she can rebound a ball high and pivot and throw the ball to the other front-court with precision,,,she doesn't just block on "stuffs" she can block a mid-range shooter without fouling,,,this kid has game!..And BTW, she often runs the point position
She seems to improve every game. She can change the concept of Tennessee basketball and can play every position on the court if needed. Look forward to seeing her next year.

Who would you compare her game to? Sounds a little like Grant Williams' game. Can beat you inside and out, at the ft line, and a great passer.

Who would you compare her game to? Sounds a little like Grant Williams' game. Can beat you inside and out, at the ft line, and a great passer.
I hate to even say it, but, Larry Bird,,,Not fast enough to be a guard, but good enough handles to play any spot...A little undersized to play the 5, but built for the four 6'2" or 6'3" ,,,but excellent foot-work lets her post up bigger players, rebounds, handles the ball, shoots the ball from the temple, high IQ and she doesn't get tired. Blocks outside shooters without fouling

Speed in transition will be her most pressing need early on as the game is much faster up and down the court

Great, and? Do you think Mulkey is losing sleep over this one?

Look, Walker seems like a great kid, and it's obvious her teammates love her. But she's a depth piece on a high level power 5 team, nothing more. Same with Green, who Notre Dame apparently wanted. Kellie had both players STARTING to begin the season. Really bad misevaluation by our coach...
How many coaches in NCAAW are still starting the same five players they played in first game? In normal years, early games are for coaches to evaluate their team. Kellie will get the job done.

Look at the SC roster, all the good Ga. players go there.
I've got a feeling Dawn's regional recruiting edge is going to be hampered by the emergence of Kellie, Kara, and Courtney. She's had her way as the only top program in the area but now the scenery has changed a bit as Duke, UNC and the Lady Vol's have emerged as places good players want to go.

I've got a feeling Dawn's regional recruiting edge is going to be hampered by the emergence of Kellie, Kara, and Courtney. She's had her way as the only top program in the area but now the scenery has changed a bit as Duke, UNC and the Lady Vol's have emerged as places good players want to go.

The Lady Vols have emerged? Recruiting was never an issue under Pat or Holly.

I disagree for one Kellie and Dawn are not recriuting the same type of players two Dawn is a good coach so we can`t take that away.

I disagree for one Kellie and Dawn are not recriuting the same type of players two Dawn is a good coach so we can`t take that away.

i don’t think he is taking away from Dawn being a good coach but if Banghart can get some of that talent to stay home or even steal a player like a Ivory Latta from SC and then Duke gets going and Kellie can sneak in that region then it does make it that much harder. Now the same can be said for each of those coaches. Kara and Courtney have to defend NC borders and Kellie has some young talent in TN she needs to guard.

I remember someone saying Pat had eyes at the airport and would know what coaches were flying in and out LOL

The Lady Vols have emerged? Recruiting was never an issue under Pat or Holly.
true, but it was at the end of holly's term when many of her recruits fled UT. LV's weren't considered a place to play to win championships. that perspective has changed this year and LV's are a team on the rise in rankings and now a more desirable place than 3 years ago.

Huh? Kellie hasn't been engaged with the same players as Dawn because she was late to the recruiting trails for that quality player. She had very little interactions with top 20 recruits in Missouri. It typically takes 3 years to recruit a player. A school has to be pursuing freshmen and sophomores to have a chance to land them. Kellie has now been recruiting Tennessee quality recruits for 3 years and has turned the perceptions of the program around. (The only thing lacking is for Davis to get picked very early in the draft proving that Kellie can get a player ready for the W.) She now has relationship with the same players for the same length of time as all the other top programs. 2022 and 2023 will be big recruiting years for you. I have said elsewhere that Justine will possibly be your 3rd best 2022 recruit when all is done.

Huh? Kellie hasn't been engaged with the same players as Dawn because she was late to the recruiting trails for that quality player. She had very little interactions with top 20 recruits in Missouri. It typically takes 3 years to recruit a player. A school has to be pursuing freshmen and sophomores to have a chance to land them. Kellie has now been recruiting Tennessee quality recruits for 3 years and has turned the perceptions of the program around. (The only thing lacking is for Davis to get picked very early in the draft proving that Kellie can get a player ready for the W.) She now has relationship with the same players for the same length of time as all the other top programs. 2022 and 2023 will be big recruiting years for you. I have said elsewhere that Justine will possibly be your 3rd best 2022 recruit when all is done.

2 players got kicked off (Hayes, Cooper), 2 players transferred after Holly was let go (Westbrook, Collins), and 2 players left after playing for Kellie for 1 season (Massengill, Green kicked off). So that leaves Middleton (?) as the only true transfer during Holly's last few seasons. For an incompetent coach, she did a great job not just of recruiting, but also keeping her talent mostly intact. So many thanks to players who tanked their pro prospects so that Holly could keep her job...

Kellie needs to start hauling in some elite recruits. Nothing in her 2020 abbreviated recruiting season and she was on top players lists in 2021, but couldn't close (did finish with some quality players, but not stars). 2022 needs to be a repeat of 2021, except she closes the deal and picks up some top 10-15 players. If she gets another haul like she did in 2021, Tennessee will really struggle when they lose first Davis/KK this year and then Burrell next year. She needs to load up...otherwise, she will have a hard time replicating their performance this season.

true, but it was at the end of holly's term when many of her recruits fled UT. LV's weren't considered a place to play to win championships. that perspective has changed this year and LV's are a team on the rise in rankings and now a more desirable place than 3 years ago.

The Lady Vols weren’t considered a place to play to win championships yet we consistently hauled in McDonald’s All-Americans? Including the #1 recruiting class in 2017? Horston was the #2 nationally ranked recruit in 2019.

Your opinion is not backed by logic or statistics.

The Lady Vols weren’t considered a place to play to win championships yet we consistently hauled in McDonald’s All-Americans? Including the #1 recruiting class in 2017? Horston was the #2 nationally ranked recruit in 2019.

Your opinion is not backed by logic or statistics.

That's because he's just trying to stir up the fan base.

2 players got kicked off (Hayes, Cooper), 2 players transferred after Holly was let go (Westbrook, Collins), and 2 players left after playing for Kellie for 1 season (Massengill, Green kicked off). So that leaves Middleton (?) as the only true transfer during Holly's last few seasons. For an incompetent coach, she did a great job not just of recruiting, but also keeping her talent mostly intact. So many thanks to players who tanked their pro prospects so that Holly could keep her job...

Kellie needs to start hauling in some elite recruits. Nothing in her 2020 abbreviated recruiting season and she was on top players lists in 2021, but couldn't close (did finish with some quality players, but not stars). 2022 needs to be a repeat of 2021, except she closes the deal and picks up some top 10-15 players. If she gets another haul like she did in 2021, Tennessee will really struggle when they lose first Davis/KK this year and then Burrell next year. She needs to load up...otherwise, she will have a hard time replicating their performance this season.

So So true KJH to start bring in some elite recruits top 15 players. By the way i had chance to talk to my brother about the recruiting. He had a chance to watch Hopkins last week and told me 6-4 Maya Nnaji he thinks will start as a freshmen she is that good,

So So true KJH to start bring in some elite recruits top 15 players. By the way i had chance to talk to my brother about the recruiting. He had a chance to watch Hopkins last week and told me 6-4 Maya Nnaji he thinks will start as a freshmen she is that good,

I thought Nnaji doesn't have Tennessee as a finalist? From what I've read, it seems she is a SC lean.

I thought Nnaji doesn't have Tennessee as a finalist? From what I've read, it seems she is a SC lean.

She don`t have TN as one of the finalist, I was just letting what my brother who covers HS basketball was saying. As for SC ? GA is right there in the hunt to.

Reactions: Amb3096
Sadly, the poster just comes off as biased and/or uninformed.

Ever since the thread where he directly contradicted himself -- in one post saying we should expect Kellie to keep the best in-state talent, in the next post saying our expectation for Kellie to keep the best in-state talent is unrealistic -- I have put no stock in anything he says. Especially when it comes to recruiting...

Reactions: NoBackBoard

She has been a beast since 8th grade. You could just see she was different in the state final 4. She is a coaches kid and it shows

Last edited:

VN Store

Back