2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Don’t know if we were on her or not, but Neighbors is slowly building a solid program.

I sure would have liked to have seen her at Tennessee, but I can never be upset when a kid chooses to stay in her home state where she has a chance to become a legend in front of fans who will love her just a little bit more than everyone else because she grew up in Razorback Land.

Anyone can go out there and have toughness but it’s who chooses to go out and do it. Just because McCoy may have toughness doesn’t diminish the fact of what Emily can contribute. You know I am a Tamari Key fan but you also know she didn’t exhibit the toughness to play in the center position all the time. When she did exhibit the toughness it elevated our squad. We saw how she had all those blocks against SC, she get chippy, and I liked it😂

I think McCoy will go out and set the solid screen and looks to make the right play. Emily will have to learn toughness by 1. Being thrown into the fire in games 2. Getting beat up in practice while dishing some out also showing the coaches she is ready.

I think the newest Green will provide a toughness as well. I hope it’s contagious! That young lady played hurt not even knowing it but still becoming the Big South player of the year.
There is a huge difference in playing in college when a freshman, as opposed to playing as a sophomore. In high school, for example, Tamari was probably the tallest player on her team and maybe all the teams she played against. She scored, but how hard was it for her to do that? How much effort did it really take for her to overcome the competition? In college, a freshman is all of a sudden playing against players who are as talented, tall, strong, or maybe meaner and more determined than you are.

Tamari played great last season when she got po’d, and I loved it. The difference between a freshman and a sophomore is knowledge, determination, and confidence. No more tentative playing from a sophomore, no more surprises from opposing players who will shove and elbow you aside. No more allowing opposing players to frustrate you. You will be the one scoring, rebounding, and frustrating them.

Tamari and Jordan will not be the new kids on the block next season. They are going to be fun to watch! GLV!!!

Last edited:
I agree 100%, Volfaninfl2. Experience really is the best teacher, and all of our newbies last year got lots thrown at them.

None of us knows when we'll actually get to see them play again, but it's 100% guaranteed that if I'm alive and allowed into the arena, I'll be there! I'm actually looking forward to next season even more than I did last season -- and that's saying a LOT. I'm starved for fresh sports and also curious to see if the players managed to find ways to stay in good shape through all this extended downtime. As I keep saying, I know that's going to be a huge challenge for everyone in the current climate, so I'll be curious to know how they handled it. I really hope we don't have to wait patiently for half a season for some players to round into condition, but I won't be surprised if that happens. Pretty sure it's going to take ME about two years to bounce back. lol

There is a huge difference in playing in college when a freshman, as opposed to playing as a sophomore. In high school, for example, Tamari was probably the tallest player on her team and maybe all the teams she played against. She scored, but how hard was it for her to do that? How much effort did it really take for her to overcome the competition? In college, a freshman is all of a sudden playing against players who are as talented, tall, strong, or maybe meaner and more determined than they are.

Tamari played great last season when she got po’d, and I loved it. The difference between a freshman and a sophomore is knowledge, determination, and confidence. No more tentative playing from a sophomore, no more surprises from opposing players who will shove and elbow you aside. No more allowing opposing players to frustrate you. You will be the one scoring, rebounding, and frustrating them.

Tamari and Jordan will not be the new kids on the block next season. They are going to be fun to watch! GLV!!!

You said what I said 😄 If anything a year of her getting experience and playing against physics players like McCoy and KK did her a world of good. I loved when she got fired up that’s when we played at our best when she was a terror

You said what I said 😄 If anything a year of her getting experience and playing against physics players like McCoy and KK did her a world of good. I loved when she got fired up that’s when we played at our best when she was a terror

I want us to have a good enough crew inside for ALL of them to play aggressively. I think if Tamari were to start the season playing hard without worrying about fouling out that she'd eventually refine her game and foul less. She just needs to keep an edge about her, and players who are overly worried about fouling play timid sometimes. I absolutely LOVE a post aggressive enough to foul out now and then -- IF there are suitable replacements. I really do think players can worry too much about fouls. Hell, foul out now and then -- just make sure if you're getting called for lots of fouls that you make it count. Foul them!

Reactions: Lucy
I loved it when someone tried to drive on Parker. They would end up on the floor and she would just glare like “get that s*** out of here.” She picked up fouls but who cared!
Key can do that. She just has to remember the lane is her’s. Sometimes block, sometimes punish.

I loved it when someone tried to drive on Parker. They would end up on the floor and she would just glare like “get that s*** out of here.” She picked up fouls but who cared!
Key can do that. She just has to remember the lane is her’s. Sometimes block, sometimes punish.

She did that at times last season! I really felt she made her defensive presence known. I was disappointed she did not make all defensive team. She led the conference in blocks per game. Maybe coach asked them to leave her off? I had a coach do that to me once. It did motivate me. Found out only after the fact.

She needs to assert herself more offensively. When she is aggressive, she really is unstoppable at that size. Just needs to believe that! She did have a lot of flop fouls called on her when trying to post up. Her hips contact the defender at a really high point. Against smaller players it looks worse than it is. She needs to learn to just turn and score over. Create minimal contact when she draws a smaller defender. Can’t reach the ball so all they can do is foul or allow her to shoot a layup.

I know everything these days is about MORE contact. But sometimes when you’re a big lanky player, less is more. Just use that size and make it easy. Have to get her the ball in the right spots as well.

Of all the returning players I think Tamari has the most potential to make a shocking jump from Freshman to Sophomore year. I love her game. If she takes it seriously and gets a little “mean.” She is going to be a handful on the block. I hope she, KK and Emily are really pushing each other. We can be indomitable inside if they all get better.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

If you saw the Last Dance and the Jordan Rules...you may be getting a glimpse of Laimbeer, Mahorn and Rodman in Keyen, McCoy and Key

If you saw the Last Dance and the Jordan Rules...you may be getting a glimpse of Laimbeer, Mahorn and Rodman in Keyen, McCoy and Key

You better hope not. Laimbeer was a dirty player and if Green, McCoy and Key play like those guys they will foul out in the first half....lol.

She did that at times last season! I really felt she made her defensive presence known. I was disappointed she did not make all defensive team. She led the conference in blocks per game. Maybe coach asked them to leave her off? I had a coach do that to me once. It did motivate me. Found out only after the fact.

She needs to assert herself more offensively. When she is aggressive, she really is unstoppable at that size. Just needs to believe that! She did have a lot of flop fouls called on her when trying to post up. Her hips contact the defender at a really high point. Against smaller players it looks worse than it is. She needs to learn to just turn and score over. Create minimal contact when she draws a smaller defender. Can’t reach the ball so all they can do is foul or allow her to shoot a layup.

I know everything these days is about MORE contact. But sometimes when you’re a big lanky player, less is more. Just use that size and make it easy. Have to get her the ball in the right spots as well.

Of all the returning players I think Tamari has the most potential to make a shocking jump from Freshman to Sophomore year. I love her game. If she takes it seriously and gets a little “mean.” She is going to be a handful on the block. I hope she, KK and Emily are really pushing each other. We can be indomitable inside if they all get better.
I agree she did at times! Hope it didn’t sound like I think she wasn’t patrolling the paint because she was. Agree shb all defense and she really could make a big jump! Loved it when she got a little chippy with SC. Parker had that intimidation factor. Would love to see Key get that!

Typically, the best teams foul the least. The most common cause of fouls is lazy execution on defense and being physically tired
Very true but there are times when you need to have a "send the message" foul. Nothing dirty, just to let them know it's not going to be easy and give them pause for the next time.

Don’t know if we were on her or not, but Neighbors is slowly building a solid program.

She had been an Arkansas lean for a very long time finally committed to them great for their program. He is doing a great job of getting the top players in Arkansas.

Top 100 SEC commits thus far:

Wolfenbarger number 22 Arkansas
Striplin number 35 Tennessee
Malone number 46 Texas A&M
Flournoy Number 49 Vanderbilt
Cheesman number 72 Vandy

Last edited:
Kendra Gillespie has decomitted from Ole Miss. Coach K and Sully following her on Twitter.

Attachments

• CED40B79-2FDC-45E5-A29A-9470FD2832CF.png
    CED40B79-2FDC-45E5-A29A-9470FD2832CF.png
    747.1 KB · Views: 64
Very true but there are times when you need to have a "send the message" foul. Nothing dirty, just to let them know it's not going to be easy and give them pause for the next time.
Definitely sometimes it's required so you can get on with a basketball game instead of a thug-fest ;)

Definitely sometimes it's required so you can get on with a basketball game instead of a thug-fest ;)

Don't get me wrong, I am not a proponent of thug basketball, But I am a proponent of not using a foul to mess up someone's hair. If you have to foul and it is because someone is driving into the lane, make sure they "think about" their next drive

The same thing stands true in reverse, if you are going into the lane on a drive and you whimp away from contact instead of running over your obstacle,,sit down and enjoy the game from my bench until you want to not shy away from contact

the message is sent both ways

Reactions: Bret178

And what if she jumps? She jumps on the toss. I dream of seeing Tamari jump under the basket, catch a pass with arms and hands extended, and score before she comes back to the floor. 😃

Last edited:

VN Store

Back