2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

I decided to stay off game threads and only look at the recruiting and non lady vol threads. Those game threads are brutal.

Was key and family at the game yesterday?

Not sure i was on my way to NJ to watch the girls State Semis game today starts at 4:30pm Blair Academy vs Peddie. Looking forward to seeing pg Olivia Miles and Combo guard Dominique Darius, Both of Blair Academy class of 2021.

New 2021 prospect page on WBB Blog: Sara Puckett, 6-2 W, Muscle Shoals HS (AL) — has 30 D-I offers, mostly from Power 5 schools, Will be talking to a few scouts today at the game in NJ will get there take. My brother thinks
Louisville is the front runner right now. ?

Not sure i was on my way to NJ to watch the girls State Semis game today starts at 4:30pm Blair Academy vs Peddie. Looking forward to seeing pg Olivia Miles and Combo guard Dominique Darius, Both of Blair Academy class of 2021.
Olivia Miles is so smooth on the videos. We need another PG.

Reactions: djtee
Ok just finished watching Blair Academy blow out Peddie 74-36 in the Semis the backcourt of Olivia Miles and Dominique Darius was just to much. Lots of scouts in the house, Rutgers,Maryland,UNC,ND and more

Ok just finished watching Blair Academy blow out Peddie 74-36 in the Semis the backcourt of Olivia Miles and Dominique Darius was just to much. Lots of scouts in the house, Rutgers,Maryland,UNC,ND and more

Does either player have a short list of schools?

I`m not sure looking into it. Looks like most of the scouts at the game was there to watch Dominique Darius, Olivia Miles cut her list to six schools: North Carolina, Stanford, Notre Dame, Oregon, Princeton and Connecticut.

Last edited:

Miles put out a list that now includes North Carolina, Stanford, ND, Oregon, Princeton and UConn. This comes from a late January ESPN article. She has reportedly expressed interest in staying close to home. Interesting that she lists UConn as I don't believe UConn is trying hard to get her; Geno's efforts are focused on other guards.

Not sure about Darius.

Miles put out a list that now includes North Carolina, Stanford, ND, Oregon, Princeton and UConn. This comes from a late January ESPN article. She has reportedly expressed interest in staying close to home. Interesting that she lists UConn as I don't believe UConn is trying hard to get her; Geno's efforts are focused on other guards.

Not sure about Darius.

Darius is a very good player she look real good today. They have her listed at 5-9 but to me 5-11 and can shoot the rock.

Not sure about Darius.

If Miles is trying to stay close to home, that's quite a spread from the West Coast to NW to NE to SE. About all that's left in the country is Midwest and Deep South.

Last edited:

Not sure about Darius.
I think you are right. Geno has 2 PGs coming in 2020 and Poffenbarger (though at 6'2" she is probably going to be a 3/4) in 21. this to go with williams, Westbrook, and Makurat. Like everyone else, he is waiting on Fudd to decide and then the rest of the 21 dominos will fall into place. If Fudd wants to play with Bueckers (like all of UConn is saying) there will be no more guards in 21. Also in 21, unless an exceptional big falls in his lap, he is looking at a small recruiting class. evidently the coaches are hitting '22 real hard.

I think you are right. Geno has 2 PGs coming in 2020 and Poffenbarger (though at 6'2" she is probably going to be a 3/4) in 21. this to go with williams, Westbrook, and Makurat. Like everyone else, he is waiting on Fudd to decide and then the rest of the 21 dominos will fall into place. If Fudd wants to play with Bueckers (like all of UConn is saying) there will be no more guards in 21. Also in 21, unless an exceptional big falls in his lap, he is looking at a small recruiting class. evidently the coaches are hitting '22 real hard.

Fudd is not a lock for UConn despite Bueckers. UConn will likely take another class of 5 in 2021. Ducharme, who visited Knoxville, will decide in the spring. She's been to several UConn games (lives in MA) and Geno watched her play last week. The Brady kid (2022) from CA who is already committed is a stud.

How many scholarships do we have left for next year? Assuming Davis stays, no transfers, and the players that have committed do come here?

How many scholarships do we have left for next year? Assuming Davis stays, no transfers, and the players that have committed do come here?

If nothing changes we will have 12 on scholarship. You can have 15 total . So .... three spots for portal/transfers available.

2020-21 has three seniors ( Davis , KK , McCoy ). McCoy is an unknown if a possibility for an extra year could be available? Therefore, three empty spots plus three seniors ..... 6 available scholarships for 2021 class! 👍

If nothing changes we will have 12 on scholarship. You can have 15 total . So .... three spots for portal/transfers available.

2020-21 has three seniors ( Davis , KK , McCoy ). McCoy is an unknown if a possibility for an extra year could be available? Therefore, three empty spots plus three seniors ..... 6 available scholarships for 2021 class! 👍
That is correct six if McCoy is not granted another year five if she is. So we have four to give or five depending on what happens there. I've heard were looking to sign a class of four but could go five if certain players want to come here. We can add for next year want happen unless it is a Grad Transfer with only one year to play.

That is correct six if McCoy is not granted another year five if she is. So we have four to give or five depending on what happens there. I've heard were looking to sign a class of four but could go five if certain players want to come here. We can add for next year want happen unless it is a Grad Transfer with only one year to play.
Thanks. I knew the limit for men was 13. Didn’t realize it was 15 for WBB. That is a lot, IMO.

Here is the main group we are targeting hoping to get three of four more players for 2021

PG-Wilson, Harmon, Shavers, Johnson
G-Rivers, Hall, Verhulst, Wolfenbarger
Wings and Forwards-Puckett, Key, Malone, Moore, Salenbien

Committed Striplin 6'3" Forward

If I could pick who we got would be from Rivers, Verhulst, Key, Puckett Wolfenbarger. Harmon and Wilson. Any three or four of them would be an awesome class. Also Miles if she was still listing us don't think she is.

Reactions: NeedOrange
I want Verhulst, Salienbien, and Wolfenbarger just to hear Mickey get tripped up on the air. Although he has mastered Kushkitiah.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Fudd is not a lock for UConn despite Bueckers. UConn will likely take another class of 5 in 2021. Ducharme, who visited Knoxville, will decide in the spring. She's been to several UConn games (lives in MA) and Geno watched her play last week. The Brady kid (2022) from CA who is already committed is a stud.
3 players in the class of 21 would give a roster of 12 (barring transfers in either direction). That's Geno's desired roster size. It's up in the air who the third player is. If not Fudd, I know Geno likes Ducharme and Miles. He might go to 4, but a class of 5 is not desirable because of the impact on graduation. In today's culture 4 is the perfect class size hoping 3 are there, and healthy, for all 4 years.

VN Store

Back