2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Would having actual sisters (the Keys) and two close friends (Striplin and Puckett) be a plus or minus? Chemistry would seem to speed up the process, but would it make it more difficult for coaches to push individual athletes? Would there be perception of favoritism from teammates?

Seems that it's worked well in past (Southern Cal, Virginia) but maybe not always.

Also seems that there have been other AAU or other teammates who have gone on to play together successfully in college.

noted that several on the blog list were [offered] before KJH was hired.

It is February and signing is in November. And taking visits is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for the young women. I remain both pleased and "trusting the process."

SkinsHoops86

@SkinsHoops86

·
Feb 1

New #CrystalBall

1f52e.svg

prediction for '21 AL F Sara Puckett to Tennessee. #JustAGuess #NoScoop #LadyVols #SEC #GBO #RockyTop
Ok same guy that predicted Striplin is predicted Puckett to Tennessee.

She would be a good recruit for the team. What caught my eye was Oregon is recruiting her, along with a lot of other impressive schools.
I think she will pick a school close to around here. Striplin was being recruited by Minnesota a few said they were the favorite because of Whalen but she never visited there so I knew that wasn't happening. Having two Alabama girls on the team would probably be a first.

I just looked up Rori Harmon and she has handles for days and is that shorter quicker guard that gets under your skin.

She would be a great get out of Texas but again it’s the state of Texas sooooo we all know how hard it is to get a player out of there but the ones the LVs have gotten in the past we’re really good (Catchings and Zaay). Maybe Zaay says come play with me for 2 years.

Very possible right now. I would say our only recruiting threats from within Texas currently are Baylor and TCU.

I don’t see any high profile players clamoring to sign with Texas until Aston is relieved of her duties. Texas Tech is rebuilding. TCU has a great coach and have played well the last couple years.

Kim is usually super picky with her guards. Seems she’ll take several big girls but she’s much more conservative when selecting her PG.

Verhulst seems to be coveted by most of the heavyweight majors.

Wolfenbarger is a tall PG whose video is impressive. Reportedly has a superb work ethic.

Has Olivia Miles committed elsewhere? If not, are we on her list?

Wolfenbarger is a SG. Need to stop referring to these 2/3 combo players at PG.

Reactions: mlindsay
I just looked up Rori Harmon and she has handles for days and is that shorter quicker guard that gets under your skin.

She would be a great get out of Texas but again it’s the state of Texas sooooo we all know how hard it is to get a player out of there but the ones the LVs have gotten in the past we’re really good (Catchings and Zaay). Maybe Zaay says come play with me for 2 years.

The same guy that predicted Striplin commitment.... predicts Harmon is going to Louisville! Hope not .... we have gotten many players from Georgia! Just saying

The same guy that predicted Stricklins commitment.... predicts Harmon is going to Louisville! Hope not .... we have gotten many players from Georgia! Just saying

She is from Texas and is a baller! Texas is usually hard to recruit maybe Zaay can help and make those dominos fall

No one really knows until it happens for any player. We all thought Teonni Key was probably a lock for Tennessee that does not appear to be so at all. Were still in it but we got some strong competition.

I never said Teonni Key would be a lock i just talked about what kind of player she will be on the next level. And whoever gets her will have players that will be pretty hard to stop on the offensive end. Evaluation from the LBIinsider: At 6’3” i say 6-4 she is not your typical player. While most that size play only inside, she can stretch the floor and beyond. A player that can bring the ball up, shoot the three, post, drive the lane and is always around the ball. Defensively with her length and size, she can guard every position on the court. She is rated one of the top players in the state and for good reasons.

Reactions: Hangtyme24
Maybe Striplin’s commitment will push Teonni and maybe Saniya to commit, if they really want to go to Tennessee as there are 4 maybe 5 scholarships available. If Puckett commits soon, that’s one less right there too before they even start their senior year.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I never said Teonni Key would be a lock i just talked about what kind of player she will be on the next level. And whoever gets her will have players that will be pretty hard to stop on the offensive end. Evaluation from the LBIinsider: At 6’3” i say 6-4 she is not your typical player. While most that size play only inside, she can stretch the floor and beyond. A player that can bring the ball up, shoot the three, post, drive the lane and is always around the ball. Defensively with her length and size, she can guard every position on the court. She is rated one of the top players in the state and for good reasons.
I never said you said that I actually thought that myself although I didn't know a lot until recently. I mean the way she was coming to Tennessee every week and hanging around with the players so much it looked obvious evidently maybe not so and maybe we'll see.

Reactions: djtee
I never said you said that I actually thought that myself although I didn't know a lot until recently. I mean the way she was coming to Tennessee every week and hanging around with the players so much it looked obvious evidently maybe not so and maybe we'll see.

I thought so too. How often do sisters close in age go to different schools?

That sounds just like Parker. That is a player we need to get back to the top. Combine that with her sister's post presence and some basketball savvy guards that can shoot the 3 ball that I think we have coming into the program and we will be cooking with gas.

That sounds just like Parker. That is a player we need to get back to the top. Combine that with her sister's post presence and some basketball savvy guards that can shoot the 3 ball that I think we have coming into the program and we will be cooking with gas.

And she is only a Jr and also has leaping ability to.

I think she will pick a school close to around here. Striplin was being recruited by Minnesota a few said they were the favorite because of Whalen but she never visited there so I knew that wasn't happening. Having two Alabama girls on the team would probably be a first.

Not a first, actually....Back in the ‘99-‘00 season Gwen Jackson and Tasheika Morris both hailed from Alabama. After their freshman season Morris transferred to Florida St., however.

Last edited:
isnt pucket like a 3 star 90 rating on hoopgurlz?? how is that a big time elite recruit

sounds more like a mid major recruit..maybe she is one of those diamond in the rough type players

Reactions: mcannon1
isnt pucket like a 3 star 90 rating on hoopgurlz?? how is that a big time elite recruit

sounds more like a mid major recruit..maybe she is one of those diamond in the rough type players

Frankly I would much rather have Rivers and Key at the wing over Puckett. Not only are they better talents, but pairing Puckett with Striplin (who I like)... not a lot of speed there...

Reactions: djtee

She has better offers than Striplin (Mississippi State and Oregon), and I believe is ranked higher by Prospects Nation. I'd say they're a toss up.

VN Store

Back