2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

In regards to Ciampi and Moore, both good coaches...not who I’d want to coach the Lady Vols. I feel like we have got so used to losing, at this point, we don’t remember where we were just 10-15 years ago. We were the pinnacle! The Summitt! Now we have a losing streak to Alabama and have managed to break every record that separated us from everyone else. We should not be debating how our coach may be able to get it done. WE ARE TENNESSEE! We should have the best damn coach possible! We didn’t go out and get that done. It was a lazy hire and we should have asked every coach worth their salt if they were interested before we settled for a coach who couldn’t win at NC State.

Ummm...we almost lost to ETSU....pretty telling. A whole lot of the same...did anyone check to see if Holly Warlick was on the sidelines???

The Lady Vols have/had some interest in these young ladies as well. I think all 4 received offers from the staff and are/were on their radar.

Olivia miles
Payton Verhulst
talia-von-oelhoffen
greta-kampschroeder

There is not much left on the list of the ESPN top 100 recruits for 2020 for the Lady Vols, especially in the D5 category. There are a few guards, wings and one 6’ 8” player, Sela Heide. We are losing only 2 players from this year’s team, we have a 3 Star verbal in Tess Darby. I think we are well set at the guard position.

I noticed that Syracuse appears to be doing very good recruiting for 2020. They have verbals from Cardozo and Priscilla Williams a 6’ 2”, a 5 Star guard from Mo.

There is not much left on the list of the ESPN top 100 recruits for 2020 for the Lady Vols, especially in the D5 category. There are a few guards, wings and one 6’ 8” player, Sela Heide. We are losing only 2 players from this year’s team, we have a 3 Star verbal in Tess Darby. I think we are well set at the guard position.

I noticed that Syracuse appears to be doing very good recruiting for 2020. They have verbals from Cardozo and Priscilla Williams a 6’ 2”, a 5 Star guard from Mo.

Yes! Cuse is on the upswing... I wonder where Destiny Salary will commit. Also I wonder if CKHJ goes Juco route to get a wing and/or post.

So breaking it down if we just keep Tess we will only have 11 players next year. If we get another commit we will be back to 12 and so forth.

2021 class wise if we just have one commit that would leave just 8 returning players (KK, McCoy, and Rennia are scheduled to leave) which would leave 7 scholarship available. If we have 5-6 scholarships available I think Kellie uses at least 4-5 of them especially if they are high level players because she has shown she is not scared to play10-11 players a game and she has done that at all her stops.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
The key is going to be getting the high level players. Can't blame her for 2020 - most of those kids were already being recruited hard before she even got to UT. But she needs to start making splashes in 2021. What are our chances with Miles, Verhulst, Van-oelhoffen and Kampshcroeder? All of those kids are top 15. Getting 1 or more would be a great start at "rebuilding"...!!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
The key is going to be getting the high level players. Can't blame her for 2020 - most of those kids were already being recruited hard before she even got to UT. But she needs to start making splashes in 2021. What are our chances with Miles, Verhulst, Van-oelhoffen and Kampshcroeder? All of those kids are top 15. Getting 1 or more would be a great start at "rebuilding"...!!

Don’t forget Rivers and Key to add into that. Getting a class of 5 would be nice. Especially if it’s 5 high caliber players. Miles, Verhulst, Key and two posts would be a great start to her first recruiting year. The team looks like they are having fun. I know kids want to score but I think that will come I am glad to see them playing hard.

Need a top rated class in 2021 nothing less will do for us to continue to progress towards being a top team.

Need a top rated class in 2021 nothing less will do for us to continue to progress towards being a top team.

I agree if we win against the top teams it will help, Also look for Saniya Rivers to pick UConn or a ACC team. We need a pg kellie needs to go watch this young lady Jada Walker class of 2021 from New Hope Academy in MD. I was at this tournament in Qeens NY in April. I posted about her a while back on this board. #11

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan2012
Truth! Typically, it takes about 3 years of relationships to land a 5* recruit. At CKH's old job, she wasn't building relationships with that level of recruit. Keep a positive vibe by giving her time to do her job. The assistant coaches help, but for the big fish, the head coach has to seal the deal. Give her time and stay positive.

Coach Kellie has been on the job for what, seven months? We’ve seen nothing, really, of her offensive schemes. As it should be! I think, beginning tonight that things - Offensively and Defensively, and for better or worse - will start to come into clearer focus
What you will see is the offense a defense that she feels these players can execute after 5 weeks of coaching. Far from a finished product and not the offense that would be run if some of the former greats were in the lineup. Understand that its not plug and play, but teaching and skill development and it takes time.

I agree if we win against the top teams it will help, Also look for Saniya Rivers to pick UConn or a ACC team. We need a pg kellie needs to go watch this young lady Jada Walker class of 2021 from New Hope Academy in MD. I was at this tournament in Qeens NY in April. I posted about her a while back on this board. #11

I could see her going the ACC route but UConn is getting backcourt heavy. If Azzi diff picks them that will be like commit 6/7 in the back court in the 2019/20/21 classes that will be with Williams and Westbrook being seniors.

Sometimes I question the rankings as I've seen some players this year that were ranked lower than the top 20 this year outperforming some of the higher ranked players to this point. Having said this I think we need a top five class in 2021 to improve our position going forward as a top team.

Sometimes I question the rankings as I've seen some players this year that were ranked lower than the top 20 this year outperforming some of the higher ranked players to this point. Having said this I think we need a top five class in 2021 to improve our position going forward as a top team.

A lot of it has to do with what kind of opportunity the recruit has on their team. Rhyne Howard would not have been such a standout if she was on a team with an already established star playing at her same position. I'm pretty sure that DaCosta will look every bit the part of a top 5 player at her new school...provided it's on a team with a need at her position.

While it's true that hidden talents exist, I do think you need a top recruiting class...and one where they have scouted the players heavily to make sure their skillsets are needed for team.

I think some of these so called experts have a tendency to look at points scored and rebounds , etc . to make their rankings! JMO.

I think we are going to get some good recruits in 2021 .... Mainly because they are going to want to play with Houston and Key , plus Green ! All good athletes want to play with other good players ! We should have a better record this year and with winning comes success in recruiting... 🤔

VN Store

Back