2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Then he made a mistake as 48 and 35 is 83 and 62 and 21 is 83 of course he may be using more than the two services as ASGR and Blue Star also rank players.
I guess you haven’t looked at his rankings sheet. He uses all four of those service thus it’s a consensus ranking.

However, add in No. 18 Key And Tennessee would jump both Stanford and Tennessee in my opinion.

Unfortunately, we gain no prestige for jumping ourselves...although we may pick up a few style points. ;)

C'mon, Cool Breeze! We got an orange uniform just your size, and a J.J. Cale song to play during game intros.

While I personally would lean towards signing an all-star player if they expressed the desire to be a Lady Vol, if we have too many players not getting minutes, won't it be more likely to drive transfers than not?

Yes, but in those cases the players that transfer are typically the ones not getting many minutes. Much better than having your starters transfer. Louisville was in that situation this season and their transfers were the ones not getting the minutes. Same for Oregon with their transfers, obviously two ladies who were not ever going to break into significant minutes.

Reactions: Rickster
All the new players have things in common they all play more than one position and 5 shoot the three at higher than 35 percent in high school. Tess Darby, Destiny Salary, Marta Suarez Rodriguez, Karoline Striplin, and Sara Puckett. I don't have any information on what Wynn shoots from there hopefully she has a high average as well. Four of them shot 80 percent of better from the free throw line. Salary was in the mid-70's and nothing on Wynn. All were really good rebounders for their teams in high school. Darby average around 9 rebounds, Striplin double figures, Puckett 8, Salary 6 a game, Suarez was around 8 a game, don't know about Wynn her stats are a lot harder to find just knows she looks great on video on the court. Were really going for players that did a lot of things well for their teams in high school. We'll see how many of them can make the jump to college and still be efficient in these categories.

Question for all the people who want a “six-pack,” Are you fine with sacrificing the 2022 class or who do you want/think will transfer? These are the only 2 options if you realistically want 2022 recruits.

Edit: 5 also strains the 2022’s and makes it more likely a few of these 2021’a will redshirt (which is probably the opposite of why they committed to a “down” Tennessee.)

Question for all the people who want a “six-pack,” Are you fine with sacrificing the 2022 class or who do you want/think will transfer? These are the only 2 options if you realistically want 2022 recruits.

Edit: 5 also strains the 2022’s and makes it more likely a few of these 2021’a will redshirt (which is probably the opposite of why they committed to a “down” Tennessee.)
Players just don’t redshirt. There are rules around it.

Last edited:
That’s not exactly true. Jeff Walz redshirted an McDonalds All American last year because she had guards ahead of her and he didn’t want to waste a year of having her. He actually redshirted two young lady Nyah Green and Ramani Parker last year because of the depth on his team.

Why is a five-star McDonald's All-American redshirting for Louisville basketball?
I just finished that article...lol.

It’s very unusual, but it doesn‘t seem that unusual at Louisville.

It is doubtful that at Tennessee a few 2021 recruits will redshirt their freshman season for any 2022 recruit.

I just finished that article...lol.

It’s very unusual, but it doesn‘t seem that unusual at Louisville.

It is doubtful that at Tennessee a few 2021 recruits will redshirt their freshman season for any 2022 recruit.

That wouldn’t even help with a 2022 recruit... it wouldn’t make sense to do that. The reason they redshirted at U of L was because of the depth ahead of them with the upperclassmen.

I think you’re right I don’t see UT just redshirting anyone in the incoming class now if some of the transfers hadn’t left it could happen but I don’t think that’s the position of TN.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
That wouldn’t even help with a 2022 recruit... it wouldn’t make sense to do that. The reason they redshirted at U of L was because of the depth ahead of them with the upperclassmen.

I think you’re right I don’t see UT just redshirting anyone in the incoming class now if some of the transfers hadn’t left it could happen but I don’t think that’s the position of TN.
Those redshirted players effectively become the class of 2022

Although I’m sure her Mom and sister will support Teonni’s decision on wherever she wants to play college basketball, here are some reasons why I think she may pick Tennessee:

1. This one’s obvious. She gets to play with her sister, and her Mom gets to watch her daughters play together for two more years, before their futures go in different paths.

2. Teonni has been to the Tennessee campus many times, so she should feel confident and comfortable there. She’s seen how all the Coaches help their players during games, and she knows the Lady Vols have great fan support, plus, she knows she will get to play, because she has seen how Coach Kellie gives her players game experience.

3. Kellie and her Assistant Coaches. Kellie won three National Championships playing for Pat Summitt, but she is not only a winner, she is a teacher, she is well spoken, she is intelligent, she treats her players with respect, she is caring, she is genuine, and she is Coaching, and recruiting, to win Championships.

4. Teonni can see that her 2021 Class at Tennessee is shaping up to be really really good. She will be surrounded by hardworking players who will drive each other to play their best.

5. This women’s basketball program is special. No other school has the legacy or name of the Tennessee Lady Vols.

6. When Teonni and her 2021 Class become Sophomores, a year that shows big improvement from the Freshman year, besides her other teammates, Tamari and Jordan will be Seniors. How cool would it be to win a National Championship with your sister!

7. The Tennessee campus is beautiful, come on, Teonni. 😃 GO LADY VOLS!!!

Last edited:

2022 is when you really need to add an elite top 5 type player to elevate solid SEC level players to potential championship level. Harder to recruit if you’ve got double digit returning players Imo.

Reactions: VolFuture2k22
Although I’m sure her Mom and sister will support Teonni’s decision on wherever she wants to play college basketball, here are some reasons why I think she may pick Tennessee:

1. This one’s obvious. She gets to play with her sister, and her Mom gets to watch her daughters play together for two more years, before their futures go in different paths.

2. Teonni has been to the Tennessee campus many times, so she should feel confident and comfortable there. She’s seen how all the Coaches help their players during games, and she knows the Lady Vols have great fan support, plus, she knows she will get to play, because she has seen how Coach Kellie gives her players game experience.

3. Kellie and her Assistant Coaches. Kellie won three National Championships playing for Pat Summit, but she is not only a winner, she is a teacher, she is well spoken, she is intelligent, she treats her players with respect, she is caring, she is genuine, and she is Coaching, and recruiting, to win Championships.

4. Teonni can see that her 2021 Class at Tennessee is shaping up to be really really good. She will be surrounded by hardworking players who will drive each other to play their best.

5. This women’s basketball program is special. No other school has the legacy or name of the Tennessee Lady Vols.

6. When Teonni and her 2021 Class become Sophomores, a year that shows big improvement from the Freshman year, besides her other teammates, Tamari and Jordan will be Seniors. How cool would it be to win a National Championship with your sister!

7. The Tennessee campus is beautiful, come on, Teonni. 😃 GO LADY VOLS!!!

Compelling arguments for!

Rivers was the last elite kid we were on for 21. I get there are other solid prospects. But, there have been questions on CKH’s ability to recruit at this level. Do you think she, and this staff, have what it takes to land the elite kids TN of old attracted (say a top 3 Player every 3-4 years and a top ten type other years?

Yes. I believe she is demonstrating just that.

VN Store

Back