2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Just from who has committed thus far I think the classes look like:

UConn or SC one and two
Texas
Notre Dame
Tennessee
Syracuse

Using the composite rankings

SC no verbals. No. 2 Rivers looks imminent. So at this time they don’t qualify for this list.

1 - UConn No. 4 Deberry, No. 9 Poffenbarger, No. 20 Decharme

2 - Texas No. 6 Moore, No. 14 Harmon

3 - Notre Dame No. 3 Miles, No. 19 Citron

4 - Stanford No. 6 Demete, No. 51 (HG)Harriel

5 - Syracuse No. 10 Lattimore, Day-Wilson No. 73, Wilson No. 86

6 - Tennessee No. 36 Wynn, No. 41 Striplin, No. 52 Puckett

I give more weight to Top Ten players.

However, add in No. 18 Key And Tennessee would jump both Stanford and Tennessee in my opinion.

There are still 3 top 10 players and 9 top 25 players not committed.

Last edited:
This is my thought as well, Mike...I see a potential TFR and not one that will surprise anyone
Care to clue in the clueless like myself?

Kinda strange you would be so protective of the players on this board but then start something about a transfer. If parents and players read this, they can’t be happy about it.

SC no verbals. No. 2 Rivers looks imminent. So at this time they don’t qualify for this list.

6 - Tennessee No. 23 Wynn, No. 48 Striplin, No. 62 Puckett

However, add in No. 18 Key And Tennessee would jump both Stanford and Tennessee in my opinion.

I really don't know what Hoopgurlz is going to do with their rankings Puckett is number 21 at Prospect Nation and Striplin is 35. Of course there Wynn is not ranked so sure wish these services were more in line with each other. I guess if you do the combo it would be Striplin 42 and Puckett 42 as they both have 83 totals with the two services.

I really don't know what Hoopgurlz is going to do with their rankings Puckett is number 21 at Prospect Nation and Striplin is 35. Of course there Wynn is not ranked so sure wish these services were more in line with each other. I guess if you do the combo it would be Striplin 42 and Puckett 42 as they both have 83 totals with the two services.
I didn’t upset using the consensus rankings for Tennessee. I edited my post to do that.

Care to clue in the clueless like myself?

Kinda strange you would be so protective of the players on this board but then start something about a transfer. If parents and players read this, they can’t be happy about it.

I am protective of my players and a player's coach, but I am also a realist and a "hard coach".
Impress me, or I will cut you.
And if I can't cut you I will assist your decision.

Bb, If I were able to communicate privately with Coach K I would never publicly state what I state here
But that is not so at this time, so this is my only potential forum to reach out

I will defend my player to the depth of my own injury and they know this, but I will only give that part of my being to players who value it and deserve it.

If i have a team of players that are all moving forward and committed to success and then have one, or two, who are not giving me their all,,,They will be in my sights and I will be taking aim....I am this way in business and on the court.

If I have an employee who is only doing what they have to do (or less) and they bringing down other workers in my staff bc they "seem to be getting by with half effort while the others are giving full effort", I will
1-Have a private sit down with that employee and give them a performance evaluation and a proposed plan for their corrective plan of action
2- If I don't see immediate response to that employee's plan of action and work-attitude, it is time to cut their hours
3- If that doesn't work, they become the employee I work only as mush as legally obligated to (if not in an at-will environment...If in at-will environment, I fire them without cause to protect my own status).

Negativity grows through an org must faster than positivity and has to be addressed quickly and precisely

Yes I am protective of my player, but I am protective of all of my players as a unit too, not just one.

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
I am protective of my players and a player's coach, but I am also a realist and a "hard coach".
Impress me, or I will cut you.
And if I can't cut you I will assist your decision.

Bb, If I were able to communicate privately with Coach K I would never publicly state what I state here
But that is not so at this time, so this is my only potential forum to reach out

I will defend my player to the depth of my own injury and they know this, but I will only give that part of my being to players who value it and deserve it.

If i have a team of players that are all moving forward and committed to success and then have one, or two, who are not giving me their all,,,They will be in my sights and I will be taking aim....I am this way in business and on the court.

If I have an employee who is only doing what they have to do (or less) and they bringing down other workers in my staff bc they "seem to be getting by with half effort while the others are giving full effort", I will
1-Have a private sit down with that employee and give them a performance evaluation and a proposed plan for their corrective plan of action
2- If I don't see immediate response to that employee's plan of action and work-attitude, it is time to cut their hours
3- If that doesn't work, they become the employee I work only as mush as legally obligated to (if not in an at-will environment...If in at-will environment, I fire them without cause to protect my own status).

Negativity grows through an org must faster than positivity and has to be addressed quickly and precisely

Yes I am protective of my player, but I am protective of all of my players as a unit too, not just one.
Saying that there will be transfers and not naming the player Is not being protective of all players.

Better not to say it at all.

As of now 11 will be on the team in fall of 2021. Most teams can count on at least 1 player not coming back for a variety of reasons.

Yes, better off loading up. Transfers are part of the deal now. I hope that Kellie and her staff can minimize key transfers. If it’s minutes related that would be a win. We’ve lost our starting guards nearly every year for 4 or 5 seasons.

6 - Tennessee No. 36 Wynn, No. 41 Striplin, No. 52 Puckett

Looks good except Puckett would be 41.5 instead of 52 unless there is another service your using other than Hoopgurlz and Prospect Nation.

Yes, better off loading up. Transfers are part of the deal now. I hope that Kellie and her staff can minimize key transfers. If it’s minutes related that would be a win. We’ve lost our starting guards nearly every year for 4 or 5 seasons.

While I personally would lean towards signing an all-star player if they expressed the desire to be a Lady Vol, if we have too many players not getting minutes, won't it be more likely to drive transfers than not?

A lot of teams are now over signing players that they know they can't give enough minutes to. They get the best of the bunch to stay and get the minutes and the rest find another place to play. Plenty of teams out there that have more AA's that they won't be able to satisfy everyone and some will leave. SC, Texas now that they have Vince, Louisville, Stanford, Oregon, and looks like UConn has even decided on this strategy. You get the roster up to fifteen and let it work it's way out to 11 or 12 and do it all over again with transfers and recruits. You know you only need 8 or 9 solid players to contend for the title and that is what you want every year.

Reactions: Rickster
A lot of teams are now over signing players that they know they can't give enough minutes to. They get the best of the bunch to stay and get the minutes and the rest find another place to play. Plenty of teams out there that have more AA's that they won't be able to satisfy everyone and some will leave. SC, Texas now that they have Vince, Louisville, Stanford, Oregon, and looks like UConn has even decided on this strategy. You get the roster up to fifteen and let it work it's way out to 11 or 12 and do it all over again with transfers and recruits. You know you only need 8 or 9 solid players to contend for the title and that is what you want every year.

If they don't want to fight for their minutes,
they're not who I want anyway!

If they don't want to fight for their minutes,
they're not who I want anyway!
Coaches are starting to use scholarships since they have so many 15 like the Olympic trials. You load up and then the transfers start as the better players take over the playing time and the others either accept the bench or find another place where they can play.

Great job! keep us inform with the ranking chart.

VN Store

Back