2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Remember the three names for this class,
Our 2020 class will be weak. My Brother works for a basketball recruiting service.

Payton Verhulst 6-1 is the real deal more of a two
Teonni Key 6-3 Can play the 2, 3 and 4 can rebound and block shots with the best out there.
Jillian Hollingshead 6-4 will nightmare for the other team.
Candace is at practice this morning. Great weekend for Payton to take an unofficial visit!

EHwmbEPX4AAZ6io
Down to 11 Schools ! As i said before who ever gets this young lady will be getting a star in the making.

They are two different players and don’t play the same position. Baby Key is ranked high and can play 1-5. You can’t watch one and judge by the other. You watch them separately, but they both are great players.

Said in jest...of all people I know how the apples fall from trees (some get blown further by a gust of wind as they fall)

I have 6 siblings,,,all of us cut from the same branch, yet each of us unique....One can do theory math yet can't add a string of numbers without a calculator and is a church-lady,,,one was a biker-prez's ol lady,,,One was a high diver and swimmer,,,

I have coached probably 50 or so sets of sisters on teams...so, yes, I know

Reactions: Bell42
Said in jest...of all people I know how the apples fall from trees (some get blown further by a gust of wind as they fall)

I have 6 siblings,,,all of us cut from the same branch, yet each of us unique....One can do theory math yet can't add a string of numbers without a calculator and is a church-lady,,,one was a biker-prez's ol lady,,,One was a high diver and swimmer,,,

I have coached probably 50 or so sets of sisters on teams...so, yes, I know
So pretty much you know you can’t judge one kid by watching another. Sounds like we saying the same. One of my children is a very good singer and when her sister joined the choir, years later, with the same teacher, they assumed that her sister could sing the same. Unfortunately that was not the case. She was offered a solo, before they could hear that she was tone death. That was the reason for my response. Lol

Reactions: stllvf and lvocd
So pretty much you know you can’t judge one kid by watching another. Sounds like we saying the same. One of my children is a very good singer and when her sister joined the choir, years later, with the same teacher, they assumed that her sister could sing the same. Unfortunately that was not the case. She was offered a solo, before they could hear that she was tone death. That was the reason for my response. Lol

I've heard of tone deaf, but tone death sounds Barney Fife bad.

Headline: Fatal Solo Decimates Congregation

Reactions: mcannon1
They are two different players and don’t play the same position. Baby Key is ranked high and can play 1-5. You can’t watch one and judge by the other. You watch them separately, but they both are great players.

excellent post and i agree with you 100%

I will say it`s 50 50 right now it`s still early.
I forget she is a junior sometimes which is good becuz that gives us time to build a better relationship with her. The good news all the freshmen parents REALLY like this staff and her 3/stretch 4 position will have minutes for her to play if she chose TN...

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I forget she is a junior sometimes which is good becuz that gives us time to build a better relationship with her. The good news all the freshmen parents REALLY like this staff and her 3/stretch 4 position will have minutes for her to play if she chose TN...

I agree. Also i can confirm shea ralph is from NC and has been to a few of her games.

I agree. Also i can confirm shea ralph is from NC and has been to a few of her games.

That’s actually exciting that UConn and us (and I guess ND of sorts) are in on some of the top talent like in the old days. Swin Cash, Candace Parker, Shemeka Randall, and others would have those gut wrenching decisions between UT and UConn well Pat and Geno. The rivalry may be alive in more ways than one this may be the start of the recruiting wars again 😁

That’s actually exciting that UConn and us (and I guess ND of sorts) are in on some of the top talent like in the old days. Swin Cash, Candace Parker, Shemeka Randall, and others would have those gut wrenching decisions between UT and UConn well Pat and Geno. The rivalry may be alive in more ways than one this may be the start of the recruiting wars again 😁

Huh? Exactly which top talent in the classes of 2020 or 2021 have said their final choice was/is between Tennessee and Connecticut?

Huh? Exactly which top talent in the classes of 2020 or 2021 have said their final choice was/is between Tennessee and Connecticut?

Rivers, Verhulst, and Key for Starters after they made their initial cuts TN and UConn both made their top 10/11. 3 of the top 20 in some recruiting services

Remember when TN wasn’t even getting in on these players? That’s what my post was about the fact that we have made some of the top lists with UConn.

Of course UConn could be in on some that aren’t considering TN and vice versa.

My post was more nostalgic than anything and beaming with excitement. Hope this helps clear up some of the top talent TN is in on for you.

*Updated: did I say any of the classes coming up were down to between us and UConn? I didn’t think I did. I mentioned successful college players who had chosen one school or the other and it’s been mentioned that TN and UConn were among their favorites. Sorry for the confusion but mentioned those players because they all added great success to their programs and TN and UConn had recruiting battles of then You may be able to add Maya Moore who gave Pat a serious look. Again, sorry if I confused you but hopefully you got some knowledge on some really good talent both schools are in on. Verhulst is a Sabrina Ionescu type player that can score, dish, and rebound (not calling her that but that’s the potential ) she is more athletic than she looks and she was on an unofficial visit this past weekend here for the big football win and was here with Candace being in town.

Last edited:
Rivers, Verhulst, and Key for Starters after they made their initial cuts TN and UConn both made their top 10/11. 3 of the top 20 in some recruiting services

Remember when TN wasn’t even getting in on these players?

What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

Read the line of convos ... because my post was in response to another one. But to sum it up TN AND UConn are in on some of the top players in the 2021 class. I said the days of recruiting wars for top players may be around the corner again between the two schools. 3 of the top 20 players (Rivers, Verhulst, and Key) which is 3 different players in the top 20.

Then I referred to when TN wasn’t even getting in on some of the top players ... class of 16 to be specific ... some even were disappointed in Cooper and Jackson and said we weren’t getting enough high quality athletes.

That’s what I was talking about. Anymore questions ?

Read the line of convos ... because my post was in response to another one. But to sum it up TN AND UConn are in on some of the top players in the 2021 class. I said the days of recruiting wars for top players may be around the corner again between the two schools. 3 of the top 20 players (Rivers, Verhulst, and Key) which is 3 different players in the top 20.

Then I referred to when TN wasn’t even getting in on some of the top players ... class of 16 to be specific ... some even were disappointed in Cooper and Jackson and said we weren’t getting enough high quality athletes.

That’s what I was talking about. Anymore questions ?
I don’t have any more questions because your nonsensical question and inept explanation speaks for itself.

Reactions: olddog
I don’t have any more questions because your nonsensical question and inept explanation speaks for itself.

See that button that says ignore ? Hit it if you’d like and if your lack of comprehension skills are making it difficult ... click on my name, hit the button that says IGNORE and keep it moving. If you’re unable to comprehend that I don’t know what to tell ya.

Have a great evening though 😂 and back to recruiting for me 😃

Last edited:
VA Vol I would be pleased when what you (and I) remember that the LVs were in active competition with UConn.

I also believe that another positive factor for the LVs is the growing success of the men's team.

VA Vol I would be pleased when what you (and I) remember that the LVs were in active competition with UConn.

I also believe that another positive factor for the LVs is the growing success of the men's team.

Yes, it did wonder when UConn was winning on both the women’s and men’s side for that school. Just like I’m sure winning Fever was around with the 98 football and women’s basketball teams were crushing it.

I am excited for the future but realistic it may take a little time. But I would love to see progression rather than regression in the players.

VN Store

Back