2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

The ideal class would be two post players a wing guard type player and a combo or point guard. I have huge hopes for Key don't know what else this staff could do that they are not doing to get her. I guess it will come down as to whether she wants to play with her sister or go out on her own. I would've like for her to have committed by now that is a concern but maybe she has and we don't know because even when you commit it doesn't stop other schools from hounding you till signing day.

Yes you are correct Cox is 6-4, And to keep up with SC and Miss State we will need to get another wing player with Striplin our roster will be very thin. Now if KJH can pull some magic and get Key little sis and pg Jada walker we will be in very good shape. In this class we need 2 or 3 impact players.

Yep, gonna have to level up if we want to compete. Is it Goldwire who is primarily doing the recruiting? She’s done well at her past stops.

Striplin reminds me of LC mostly because of her passing ability and face-up game. Seems like she has a really high b-ball IQ like Cox. We could run a mean high low game with her and Tamari. She could hit elbow jumps and top of the key 3s without a doubt.

I really hope we get Little Key. We would have a solid team if we do. I was always bummed we missed out on Dorie Harrison. She was playing well at Kentucky until she wasn’t. Would be neat to have sisters I think.

I forgot about Dorie but she was not as good as Izzy. Now with the Key sisters i think and all of the recruiting scouts think Teonni is ahead of Tamari in the player development category at this time in HS. i remember at a game Tamari sr year i was sitting on the Cary side in the gym and i saw UConn Shea Ralph sitting across on the other side of the gym with others collage coaches. So i said to my brother is UConn recruiting Tamari he said no Teonni.

Reactions: VolBall09
To take the next step back to elite status, T Key has to have quality help on the inside with her, or to give her a breather.....Her current relief is anything but quality....The team goes stagnate without her on the court.

Little sister Key would be excellent and (or) Ms. Striplin would also be fantastic....

Reactions: VolBall09
To take the next step back to elite status, T Key has to have quality help on the inside with her, or to give her a breather.....Her current relief is anything but quality....The team goes stagnate without her on the court.

Little sister Key would be excellent and (or) Ms. Striplin would also be fantastic....

I would like Key and Striplin we have the room

Striplin is a 4 she like to play inside from all the scouting reports 6-2 -6-3. with Lou gone and Davis will be a Sr we will need to get someone to fill Davis shoes you think ?

Correct, Key would be perfect to fill Davis' role. Striplin is nice as a 4 because even though she lives mostly in the paint, you still have to guard her on the perimeter. She shoots 1 or 2 threes per game and is really good from the line. Translating to the college level I think she needs to continue to develop her 3 point shot because a post that can score inside and out (like Grant Williams) is extremely valuable.

Correct, Key would be perfect to fill Davis' role. Striplin is nice as a 4 because even though she lives mostly in the paint, you still have to guard her on the perimeter. She shoots 1 or 2 threes per game and is really good from the line. Translating to the college level I think she needs to continue to develop her 3 point shot because a post that can score inside and out (like Grant Williams) is extremely valuable.

Also need a pg big time

Great post. Are her and Puckett similar players?
Has Puckett also visited Tennessee?

I think that Sara Puckett visited with Miss Striplin, with the prized 2022 recruit from Loretto, Miss Weathers, and perhaps more players. I’m pretty sure there’s an AAU connection. Might’ve been the Texas game.
Take anything I say FWIW, and with the understanding that all of them supposedly have some interest in playing for the Lady Vols.
There are three, six two - six three players with similar games - Striplin, Puckett, and Breanne Salenbien from Michigan. Karoline Striplin appears a very good inside-out player; whereas Puckett and Salenbien are probably a little more outside-in. I truly would not want to have to choose one over the other, especially between Puckett and Salenbien; both have tremendous range, handling, and passing skills ...and excellent Court Vision; Salenbien has exceptional length. In fact, she and Puckett often play point when their teams press.
We can’t have them all, and we might sign none of them, but their rankings and their games are very impressive.

Of course, the Key sisters could be a formidable Lady Vol duo.
And though she appears a long shot, Arkansas’ Jersey Wolfenbarger - 6’2” with point guard skills and a great shooter (I think) could be as good as anyone we’re likely pursuing. I add these players, and there are several others, because signing even one of them - Teonni or Jersey - could affect the others, that Domino thing.

Last edited:
If Striplin would announce for us on Feb. 1 she could turn into a real recruiter for us too. Would show momentum. The younger Key is KEY for us......hah, do you see what I did there, hah! Well it’s late.
Want them both plus a fast, pesky point guard.

I think that Sara Puckett visited with Miss Striplin, with the prized 2022 recruit from Loretto, Miss Weathers, and perhaps more players. I’m pretty sure there’s an AAU connection. Might’ve been the Texas game.
Take anything I say FWIW, and with the understanding that all of them supposedly have some interest in playing for the Lady Vols.
There are three, six two - six three players with similar games - Striplin, Puckett, and Breanne Salenbien from Michigan. Karoline Striplin appears a very good inside-out player; whereas Puckett and Salenbien are probably a little more outside-in. I truly would not want to have to choose one over the other, especially between Puckett and Salenbien; both have tremendous range, handling, and passing skills ...and excellent Court Vision; Salenbien has exceptional length. In fact, she and Puckett often play point when their teams press.
We can’t have them all, and we might sign none of them, but their rankings and their games are very impressive.

Of course, the Key sisters could be a formidable Lady Vol duo.
And though she appears a long shot, Arkansas’ Jersey Wolfenbarger - 6’2” with point guard skills and a great shooter (I think) could be as good as anyone we’re likely pursuing. I add these players, and there are several others, because signing even one of them - Teonni or Jersey - could affect the others, that Domino thing.

Their visit was 12/08/19, I think you are right about Texas game ! I think you are also right about Pucket and Weathers playing AAU ball together! Pucket and Weathers both hold OFFERS
These kids keep in touch with each other.... And the parents !!! Who likes which school and who might play with each other ....

Jordan and Cooke and Jackson toured their favorite schools together.... But we got Jordan and SC got Cooke and Jackson to Miss. St.
I was convinced they wanted to play together in college but who knows what these 18 year olds are thinking 🤷‍♂️

Their visit was 12/08/19, I think you are right about Texas game ! I think you are also right about Pucket and Weathers playing AAU ball together! Pucket and Weathers both hold OFFERS
These kids keep in touch with each other.... And the parents !!! Who likes which school and who might play with each other ....

Jordan and Cooke and Jackson toured their favorite schools together.... But we got Jordan and SC got Cooke and Jackson to Miss. St.
I was convinced they wanted to play together in college but who knows what these 18 year olds are thinking 🤷‍♂️

Puckett, Weathers, and Striplin play AAU together

Reactions: Will83
Anyone know of any post players we could get in the 2020 class potentially as a spring signee?
There will be Grad Transfers and Jucos whether we decide to go after any of those players only the staff knows. We may decide to go with Key, KK, Saunders, and McCoy next season if the recruiting for 2021 turns out ok and we get the posts we need. JMO I would find a one year Grad Transfer that could really help the team wouldn't like the idea of who we have coming back making us a lot better next season. After Key not much help.

reminder to some posters the players currently being recruited will not be on campus for two years, not next year. Davis will have graduated.

Reactions: Will83

VN Store

Back