2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Congrats to Brooklynn!

(It would have been nice if the KYHSA could have scraped up enough money to have the trophy engraved in non-manga-style lettering).

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
So I'm curious if it's just me, but I see/hear a lot of people chat about Puckett, Striplin, and Miles, but I tend to think that Wynn could really fill some holes for us. She can play
1-3 which gives us options. I'm just curious if there is a reason she isn't talked about as much or if it's just me? I think she could be one to watch to make some noise.

So I'm curious if it's just me, but I see/hear a lot of people chat about Puckett, Stripling, and Miles, but I tend to think that Wynn could really feel some holes for us. She can play
1-3 which gives us options. I'm just curious if there is a reason she isn't talked about as much or if it's just me? I think she could be one to watch to make some noise.

Burrell and Horston are the likely starters at the 2/3 spots. Wynn won't be taking many minutes from them, unless Tennessee is such a buzzsaw that Kellie can afford to play the bench deep minutes because they are putting teams away early.

Wynn is probably as much of a PG as Destiny Salary was...which is to say, she's not a PG.

Burrell and Horston are the likely starters at the 2/3 spots. Wynn won't be taking many minutes from them, unless Tennessee is such a buzzsaw that Kellie can afford to play the bench deep minutes because they are putting teams away early.

Wynn is probably as much of a PG as Destiny Salary was...which is to say, she's not a PG.

Amb..... I looked at the positions like old school ! And who I thought might play that position?
Point guard
Horston
Walker
Miles

Guard/wings
Horston
Rae
Marta
Tess
Rennie
Wynn

Forward/post
Key
Saunders
Dye
Green
Puckett
Stricklin

For the first time in many years UT has back ups ! These positions were just my opinion and not to say they could not play other positions? Just what made since to me .

Amb..... I looked at the positions like old school ! And who I thought might play that position?
Point guard
Horston
Walker
Miles

Guard/wings
Horston
Rae
Marta
Tess
Rennie
Wynn

Forward/post
Key
Saunders
Dye
Green
Puckett
Stricklin

For the first time in many years UT has back ups ! These positions were just my opinion and not to say they could not play other positions? Just what made since to me .
That's pretty much the same as what I would pick, with Marta/Sara as options at wing or forward. My opinion is that Miles, Saunders, Rennie and Darby will see minimal playing time overall and will not be in the rotation against the better teams.

Point guard
Horston
Walker
Miles

Guard/wings
Horston
Rae
Marta
Tess
Rennie
Wynn

Forward/post
Key
Saunders
Dye
Green
Puckett
Stricklin

The only thing I would change is to maybe swap Puckett and Suarez.

That's pretty much the same as what I would pick, with Marta/Sara as options at wing or forward. My opinion is that Miles, Saunders, Rennie and Darby will see minimal playing time overall and will not be in the rotation against the better teams.

I’m not sure if that’s true for Darby. I could see her getting minutes based off of the limited time I saw of her this year. She looks like a solid rotation player by her junior season which is why I think she’ll see some minutes this upcoming year... now how it where idk. But Kellie has that job not me lol

Feel like we are underestimating Miles. With her speed she could be a shut down defender.

I’m really hoping Kellie can find a way to get Tess improved enough to get some solid minutes (against quality teams) especially if she’s our best three point shooter. Would be huge if she could be relied upon to hit 2-3 three pointers every game.

Feel like we are underestimating Miles. With her speed she could be a shut down defender.
Could be, but there are two PGs ahead of her in the rotation. She may have speed, but she will probably also have issues with playing out of control, playing defense with her hands instead of her feet, and turnovers...as is typical for an incoming freshman with her credentials. I think her freshman year will be a learning experience, and she'll be a more significant part of the rotation once she gets some experience under her belt and minutes open up with graduations.

I’m not sure if that’s true for Darby. I could see her getting minutes based off of the limited time I saw of her this year. She looks like a solid rotation player by her junior season which is why I think she’ll see some minutes this upcoming year... now how it where idk. But Kellie has that job not me lol

Rae and Horston will be the likely starting wings on the team who will probably lead the team in minutes played, with Wynn, Puckett and Suarez coming in off the bench. I just don't see the availability of minutes for Tess, and the two freshmen have higher ceilings. JMO.

I dont see Saunders, Rennie, Darby or Miles getting alot of minutes maybe none unless we are up or down by alot. I mean 13-15 on roster right? Usually 8 or so in rotation JMO

Reactions: Amb3096
Point guard
Horston
Walker
Miles

Guard/wings
Horston
Rae
Marta
Tess
Rennie
Wynn

Forward/post
Key
Saunders
Dye
Green
Puckett
Stricklin

If I may put my two since in here, since it makes since to you than I get the since it is probably right.

Wynn will make an immediate impact and she will stay an impact,,,she doesn't disappear in games,,,you have to sit her to stop her motor

At 5’10 she will play off guard, and she doesn’t have a refined outside shot yet, relies on slashing to basket mostly. We will see how that plays out.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
My take on Wynn is that she will play a lot next season. 29 points 11 rebounds 5 steals 4 assists as a senior. She also made 255 of 531 shot attempts for 48 percent and 73 percent from the foul line. She is athletic as players get and yes she needs to be a better three point shooter. She is very good 15 in. She may not get 20 minutes a game as a freshman but I see her as the main backup to whomever starts at the two. She has a great mid-range game and can get to the basket and finish. Her rating by premier is way off what it should've been. She was number 21 until premier took over and didn't play AAU and they dropped her out of the top fifty. Huge mistake on their part if they are in business to provide accurate ratings.

Other than Miles I see the other three freshmen having huge roles next season.

My take on Wynn is that she will play a lot next season. 29 points 11 rebounds 5 steals 4 assists as a senior. She also made 255 of 531 shot attempts for 48 percent and 73 percent from the foul line. She is athletic as players get and yes she needs to be a better three point shooter. She is very good 15 in. She may not get 20 minutes a game as a freshman but I see her as the main backup to whomever starts at the two. She has a great mid-range game and can get to the basket and finish. Her rating by premier is way off what it should've been. She was number 21 until premier took over and didn't play AAU and they dropped her out of the top fifty. Huge mistake on their part if they are in business to provide accurate ratings.

Other than Miles I see the other three freshmen having huge roles next season.

The freshmen will certainly get their chances but starting out, I expect Kellie will give them between 5-10 minutes a game as long as they are progressing. She is good about that early in the season.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back