2021 Football Time in Tennessee cover

2021_FBT-Cover_edit2.jpg
got mine ordered today

He favors a young(er) Cutcliffe.

Hopefully he can coach as well.

Can't deny his toughness.
Absolutely can't.
He was the toughest thing on the UT Football program in recent memory đź‘Ť.
Got Butch Jones AND Jeremy Pruitt fired, and might be on his way to getting a 3rd HC fired. That has to be some type of record....

All kinds of toughness he was giving out!

There's nothing grammatically incorrect about that.

It requires an definite article; "Volunteer program" is specific and a unique title. It should read "A fresh start for the Volunteer program." There's no world where an announcer would say the former. I mean, try saying it out loud - it won't sound correct. The usage around definite articles is admittedly culturally specific and has some degree of irregularity, but for American English you won't a single announcer who'd say "And that touchdown gives Volunteers the lead." Or "gives Volunteer program the lead."

Mine came in today finally. Issue is I got two and only ordered one? lol Also read an article today that this was the first season since 1997 that the Baseball Vols one the SEC East. The 1998 football team won a natty the following year . Maybe not a repeat but a maybe good season coming. Lol being optimistic.

Reactions: 508mikey
It requires an definite article; "Volunteer program" is specific and a unique title. It should read "A fresh start for the Volunteer program." There's no world where an announcer would say the former. I mean, try saying it out loud - it won't sound correct. The usage around definite articles is admittedly culturally specific and has some degree of irregularity, but for American English you won't a single announcer who'd say "And that touchdown gives Volunteers the lead." Or "gives Volunteer program the lead."

It isn't supposed to read the way an announcer would say it. In print journalism, it's common practice to drop articles in headlines and subheads for brevity. In fact, some professors will teach their students strictly to not use any articles in headlines. There's nothing wrong with the cover.

Nike designers have hit rock bottom
It’s a BAD look...and I don’t mean “bad” in the good way. It resembles something that might pass as “rain gear”. Someone mentioned it was to hide middle-aged spread. Well, if so, it’s not effective. The two colors (O and W) split the body in half visually and accentuate the belly. A solid color might give a slimmer appearance...but the styling still isn’t easy on the eyes. Consider this a fashion update.

It isn't supposed to read the way an announcer would say it. In print journalism, it's common practice to drop articles in headlines and subheads for brevity. In fact, some professors will teach their students strictly to not use any articles in headlines. There's nothing wrong with the cover.

I'm a Print Journalism graduate of UTK...and I can affirm that Biso is right on this and Voltopia is wrong

VN Store

Back