2021 Fan Allowance?

The single dose J&J vaccine may be the game changer we're looking for. I'm feeling more confident that we'll actually get to see, en masse, a great product on field in person this fall.

But we already know the Pride of the Southland is going to be incredible. Maybe the football team will start to catch up?

It's just an open compound word. Ice cream is one word.

1614605286253.png

You eat an ice-cream cone (ice-cream is hyphenated because it is an adjective modifying "cone," so counts as one word), but have ice cream (two words, no hyphen, when used as a noun) for dessert.

"Plastic mask" is two words, too. If you were to use it as an adjective ("he dared to show his plastic-masked face"), then it would be one word.

Last edited:
Reactions: GordonC
View attachment 354893

You eat an ice-cream cone (ice-cream is hyphenated because it is an adjective modifying "cone," so counts as one word), but have ice cream (two words, no hyphen, when used as a noun) for dessert.

"Plastic mask" is two words, too. If you were to use it as an adjective ("he dared to show his plastic-masked face"), then it would be one word.
At that point, masked is a verb participle, not a noun, but yes hyphenated and and by definition of a participle an adjective.
Woodrow Wilson got himself in all kinds of trouble with later generations by referring to "hyphenated Americans."

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I'm telling you, they're thinking 100% fall attendance at this time. There have even been talks about a sliding capacity, increasing week to week, based on public reception and testing in the weeks following the season's opening.
All they have to use is the CDC if they want to provide evidence on games being safe.

CDC, with the NFL, said not ONE single Covid case could be traced to attending a football game,

Honestly, I'm happy to see the moves by the states of Florida and Texas. I'm also proud of Bama saying it's back to full capacity this fall. It's damned well time we get back to living life in this country and tell these globalist elites to f*** off.

All they have to use is the CDC if they want to provide evidence on games being safe.

CDC, with the NFL, said not ONE single Covid case could be traced to attending a football game,
It's looking like 100%. They think all players and staff will be vaccinated by the beginning of June. The thought is that the majority of spectators should be vaccinated by the first game.

Guys, come on...let's cool it with the "these so-called 'experts' blah blah blah" ********. Let's not pretend that doctors who have made a career out of studying virology are incorrect because they suggest limited college football capacity.

Doctors have one job: to keep people healthy. They don't care about sporting events, or restaurants, or anything of the sort.

If my job is to lift heavy boxes and I throw out my back, my doctor is going to tell me to stop working. If I tell him that lifting heavy boxes at my job is how I support my family, he's not going to give a ****. He's still going to tell to stop lifting heavy boxes.

So please, spare me with these stupid "experts don't know what they're talking about and just want control" narratives. They're just doing what they think is best for the health of the general public. It's literally their job.
I disagree somewhat with some of your conclusions. Our nation's main infectious disease expert, Dr. Fauci, has acknowledged that his early advice against the public wearing masks was to discourage use of masks in order to protect the then-limited supply of masks available for health care workers. That intentional deception certainly wasn't in the best health interests of the general public, if you believe, as Dr. Fauci now proclaims, that mask usage is of critical importance. In fact, his decision to discourage mask usage likely killed people. Dr. Fauci was not alone in offering bad advice. Much of the confusion in the past year has come from various doctors/researchers advocating various treatment regimens that are of dubious efficacy. Guidance changes have often been poorly communicated. Scientific recommendations about covd-19 have, at times, been inconsistent, baffling, and contradictory.

Science practitioners are not infallible, and are also not immune to politicization. Skepticism about scientific claims defines the healthy core of a vigorous scientific methodology.

I'm not an anti-masker/anti-vaxxer, by the way. I wear masks and will get a vaccine when I'm eligible to do so. I work as a scientist. Science is big enough for discussions and debates. Censorship of ideas seldom works and does not produce stronger science.

I was worried about the fall because new infections were still at a high level just a few weeks ago but things changed rapidly. We’re still at a daily rate equivalent to last summer but at the current trajectory there should be no reason for mitigation’s. People are sick of this shite and even those who hesitate with vaccines are probably thinking twice about it. Keeping my fingers crossed there are no setbacks because even small ones will cause the scare-media to overreact.

VN Store

Back