2021 College football national champion

A three way tie between Georgia,Clemson and OU would be a real clusterfrick:rolleyes:
I think OU will be undefeated. If I’m being honest 2 losses is probably realistic for UGA, so it would be Clemson still making it. Still, would be nice to see some dark horse like A&M or UNC get there.

Reactions: Border Vol
I hope OU sucks. My resentment of them has grown greatly these past few months.

Sure would be nice if any other conference was worth a damn. The Big XII has some depth, but that’s about it . We’ll see what UNC can doin the ACC, but I’ll believe when I see it with them.

It would be nice to see the PAC12 have an elite team again, or at least put someone in the CFP.

Well if my Ducks can start 2-0 with wins over Fresno and osu it just might happen.

The Oregon Ducks have a good chance to go to the Fiesta Bowl. I think USC will play Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl.

Barring injuries or transfers this just may be the most talented Duck team I've ever seen. Love the talent across the board!

Note: I don't usually get this excited about my Ducks this early.

Reactions: Border Vol
Well if my Ducks can start 2-0 with wins over Fresno and osu it just might happen.
You guys have a helluva an opportunity that weekend in Columbus. I’ll be pulling for you and most civilized human beings will be also . That’s appointment television for Week 2, I’m guessing an ABC night game with Gameday there.

Go ahead and hand the title to Bama and let’s have a playoff for second place. It’s at the point that the powers that be seem to be fine with this year after year. The system has created a playing field where the rich get perpetually richer and it is next to impossible for the other 95% of teams to level up. The days of cycling up and down are probably over.

It’s Bama in a class of it’s own.

Then 3-5 teams that MIGHT beat them every other year.

Then it’s a massive drop off to every other team.

I’m just about over college football, and it isn’t just because Tennessee sucks. The product is predictable and repetitive. It has been for the last 10 years and probably will be for at least the next 10 years.

Go ahead and hand the title to Bama and let’s have a playoff for second place. It’s at the point that the powers that be seem to be fine with this year after year.

Then it’s a massive drop of to every other team.

I’m just about over college football, and it isn’t just because Tennessee sucks. The product is predictable and repetitive. It has been for the last 10 years and probably will be for the next 10 years.

Exactly.

I don’t understand the pre-season college football hype when 90% of the time it’s going to be Bama in the Championship game yet again.

Saban is a fantastic coach but he’s built a dynasty that opposing teams simply can’t match up with. That’s why CF is becoming boring to watch.

Reactions: McDad and hog88
Go ahead and hand the title to Bama and let’s have a playoff for second place. It’s at the point that the powers that be seem to be fine with this year after year. The system has created a playing field where the rich get perpetually richer and it is next to impossible for the other 95% of teams to level up. The days of cycling up and down are probably over.

Then it’s a massive drop off to every other team.

I’m just about over college football, and it isn’t just because Tennessee sucks. The product is predictable and repetitive. It has been for the last 10 years and probably will be for the next 10 years.
I think American Football may not be around in 20-30 years because seemingly less and less parents giving their kids permission to play because of potential head injuries and cognitive problems.

Exactly.

I don’t understand the pre-season college football hype when 90% of the time it’s going to be Bama in the Championship game yet again.

Saban is a fantastic coach but he’s built a dynasty that opposing teams simply can’t match up with. That’s why CF is becoming boring to watch.

Bama is a quasi-pro team.

Bryant jr is the owner and money for player contracts.

The AD (Byrne) is the general manager.

Saban is the HC.

....and system has allowed them to get the first 25 picks of the draft every year with no salary cap.

There is just no way to keep up.

You guys have a helluva an opportunity that weekend in Columbus. I’ll be pulling for you and most civilized human beings will be also . That’s appointment television for Week 2, I’m guessing an ABC night game with Gameday there.

Thanks, hope we don't disappoint. I'm really intrigued by the new defensive coordinator. A number of excellent guys missed last year with injuries and it looks like they are healthy and ready.

It would be nice to have a new team in the Playoffs but i would rather that team be USC than Georgia

USC has a pretty easy schedule up until the PAC-12 title game. They don't play Oregon or Washington during the regular season. USC plays OOC vs San jose st and BYU. Most PAC-12 teams play at least one tough(er) OOC game this year. Michigan, Ohio state, TCU, LSU, Tx A&M, Purdue, Kansas St, San Diego St and BYU twice.

Just checking out the 2021-22 CFP Game sites and the semis will be played at the Orange and Cotton Bowl on Friday Dec 31. SMH.

Why do this again? Why put the biggest damn games of the season on NYE and then have the NY6 games the next day? You don’t have the Main Event and then the undercard. I’m guessing this has more to do with/ the Rose Bowl than anything else. The college football postseason needs to have some continuity and restructuring.

@GoDucks349

Looks like I was wrong about an ABC night game.
Big Noon kickoff on Fox. That’s awful. That game deserves better than a 12 ET/9pt kick.

Reactions: Trojan_Vol

VN Store

Back