2021 College football national champion

No one does less with more than UGA . They will disappoint as usual. Kirby isn’t up to the task

Reactions: Border Vol
There won’t be an undefeated conference champ in the ACC if you guys take care of Clemson. OU has a pretty clear path to the CFP, although they tend to screw up against a lesser opponent. Cough..South Carolina...cough..JK. I’m sure Ohio State will be good, but we’ll see how they replace Fields . They have a good early test against Oregon. That should be a fun one to watch.
NC could have a decent year. They have a veteran QB and the ACC is charmin soft outside of them and Clemson.

It would be much better regionally and they already have rivalries with Michigan, Michigan State and 2 instate rivalries with Purdue and IU. Add an Ohio State/Notre Dame game to the B1G schedule every year and you’re printing 💰💰
Notre Dame doesn't have the guts to join the Big 10. If they did, they would already be in the Big 10

Notre Dame doesn't have the guts to join the Big 10. If they did, they would already be in the Big 10
I think a lot of it is money based. I also think their elitist attitude plays a huge part. Last year didn’t help with them winning the ACC regular season. They would’ve finished probably 2nd or 3rd in the B1G and I think they would’ve probably been the fifth best team in the SEC last year. I would’ve taken Bama, UF, UGA, aTm over them. I also think Ole Miss would’ve been a bad matchup for them.

Notre Dame wants to control the money they make and not have to share it with other conference schools.

It's not really money. Notre Dame's deal with NBC really isn't that great. They'd make considerably more off their media rights by joining a conference.

What Notre Dame wants is an outsized voice on the issues that matter. The Playoff is run by the Power 5 conferences and Notre Dame. Each conference gets one vote and Notre Dame has the sixth all by themselves. Meaning their opinion is worth 10 times that of Oklahoma or Texas, 12 times that of USC or Oregon, and 14 times that of Alabama or Ohio State.

I think Bama or Oklahoma win it all. I expect Georgia to struggle more than people think they will. Clemson beats them week 1

I think Bama or Oklahoma win it all. I expect Georgia to struggle more than people think they will. Clemson beats them week 1
Georgia will wind up in the Sugar Bowl and the Georgia fans will start to lose patience with Kirby Smart

Who you got as your preseason pick? As much as I hate to say it I got them dirty Dawgs finally winning it all this year I think everything sets up for them nicely. They will beat Clemson in week one and be on their way.
If they don’t win at least the SEC then it isn’t going to happen under Smart unless Saban suddenly retires.

Edit: Change win the SEC to beat Bama. I forgot about year 2 for Smart where Auburn beat Bama. Thanks for the assist Atlanta917!

Last edited:
Hasn’t it already happened though?
You’re right. I forgot that Auburn took Bama out Kirby’s second year. There’s no one that will supplant Bama in the West this year though so UGA either beats Bama or it won’t happen. This is their best shot. If they don’t do it this year then it won’t happen.

Reactions: Atlanta917
You’re right. I forgot that Auburn took Bama out Kirby’s second year. There’s no one that will supplant Bama in the West this year though so UGA either beats Bama or it won’t happen. This is their best shot. If they don’t do it this year then it won’t happen.
Well, never a good idea to bet against Saban. You’d think they’d take a step back after losing so much talent, but Saban seems to get the job done every year.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Well, never a good idea to bet against Saban. You’d think they’d take a step back after losing so much talent, but Saban seems to get the job done every year.
Unfortunately. If Saban were having to scheme and play against the laws of physics I think Saban would still win somehow. He has broken college football.

NC could have a decent year. They have a veteran QB and the ACC is charmin soft outside of them and Clemson.
They should be good, but they always do something stupid like losing to a bad FSU team. They have road games against VT to open the season on a Friday and they play at Notre Dame at night on NBC. They win those and they should be looking at a showdown in Charlotte with Clemson. As I said though, they always screw it up. Always.

Reactions: Atlanta917
They should be good, but they always do something stupid like losing to a bad FSU team. They have road games against VT to open the season on a Friday and they play at Notre Dame at night on NBC. They win those and they should be looking at a showdown in Charlotte with Clemson. As I said though, they always screw it up. Always.
I think UNC loses to Notre Dame and Clemson and loses again to Clemson in the ACCCG. I think North Carolina goes to the Outback or Cheez-It Bowl with a 10-3 record because Notre Dame with a 10-2 record will probably get the Orange Bowl.

Last edited:
I think UNC loses to Notre Dame and Clemson and loses again to Clemson in the ACCCG. I think North Carolina goes to the Outback or Cheez-It Bowl with a 10-3 record because Notre Dame with a 10-2 record will probably get the Orange Bowl.
Carolina doesn’t play Clemson in the regular season. They could actually be undefeated going into Charlotte, which is a disgusting thought. I know some of you will read this and think that RDU is going on again about UNC, but we really need them not to win . They’re getting guys we used to land and we don’t need recruiting to be any more difficult than it already is . That said, I also hate UNC, but I despise their football program more than the basketball program because the basketball program is at least elite and I get why guys would go there. Their football program is a fake ass wannabe sport of convenience until basketball season.

Probably asking too much for them to beat Clemson at this point, but it’s possible. Clemson’s dropped some easy ones in the past. Not sure how clemson’s QB room is looking outside of DJ. Theoretically CFB should be more open this year with Bama, Clemson, and OSU breaking in new QB’s. Wouldn’t be surprised to see all 3 in the playoffs though.

Probably asking too much for them to beat Clemson at this point, but it’s possible. Clemson’s dropped some easy ones in the past. Not sure how clemson’s QB room is looking outside of DJ. Theoretically CFB should be more open this year with Bama, Clemson, and OSU breaking in new QB’s. Wouldn’t be surprised to see all 3 in the playoffs though.
Very true. It does have a more open feel to it . I think it would be great for the sport if there were some new teams in the CFP.

At this point I have to recognize that it’s just wishful thinking for Bama not to make the CFP. It usually takes a Herculean effort by a great QB to overcome Bama, that or a freak play. I don’t know if JT Daniels can be that guy , but I think he is definitely the best, most proven QB in the East. He’s the reason I’m picking you guys to beat Clemson in Week 1.

Very true. It does have a more open feel to it . I think it would be great for the sport if there were some new teams in the CFP.

At this point I have to recognize that it’s just wishful thinking for Bama not to make the CFP. It usually takes a Herculean effort by a great QB to overcome Bama, that or a freak play. I don’t know if JT Daniels can be that guy , but I think he is definitely the best, most proven QB in the East. He’s the reason I’m picking you guys to beat Clemson in Week 1.
Agree about the new teams. That’s the reason I hope they don’t expand the playoffs. Would basically ensure bama, Clemson, and OSU every year.

I think UGA Clemson is a toss up. Bama will be an L for UGA until proven otherwise. I think the bigger question for UGA is whether or not Kirby will allow the OC to update the offense. The only game JTD was let loose was MSU and that was due to necessity since the run game wasn’t there. Also interested in seeing Huepel’s new offense. LSU showed how big an impact an offensive hire can have with Brady.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back