2021-22 Tennessee Vols Basketball Preview (Three Man Weave)

KC, SV, JP, JJJ and Fulky is an interesting projected starting lineup.

Awfully small lineup for halfcourt. Who rebounds? Who protects the rim? Who defends the 6-11, 250 lb. low post? Who defends the 6-9, 220 lb power forward? Where's the defensive quickness? I think this lineup is s situational one only. I would have another big in there with Fulky at the 4/5 and have JJJ at the 3. Take your pick of Vescovi, Bailey, or Powell at the 2.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
Awfully small lineup for halfcourt. Who rebounds? Who protects the rim? Who defends the 6-11, 250 lb. low post? Who defends the 6-9, 220 lb power forward? Where's the defensive quickness? I think this lineup is s situational one only. I would have another big in there with Fulky at the 4/5 and have JJJ at the 3. Take your pick of Vescovi, Bailey, or Powell at the 2.
I'm thinking it's KC, Powell/ SV, JJJ, BH and Fulky.

I'm thinking it's KC, Powell/ SV, JJJ, BH and Fulky.

Me, too. We shall see.

One minor diff, I think the 2 will be shared by SV and Bailey, and Powell backs up JJJ. However, Powell might show that he belongs in the starting line-up. Again, we shall see.

That was a great breakdown. I feel like when I read analysis about our team done by a national person, rather than someone who just or mainly covers Tennessee, there’s always at least something that’s clearly wrong. Not so here
Great breakdown. He hit the highlights (Defense) and was correct on the problems (Playmakers and possibly offensive system). I was encouraged to read that he let DJ Augustine run more PR that many years ago. It's just how the game is taught in AAU now. This is a big year for Rick. He needs to show he can adapt to a changing style of game. SEC is getting very competitive. We could go from top 3-4 in the league to middle of the pack quickly.

Reactions: Vol49er

VN Store

Back