2021 - 2022 Vols Pitching Staff

GOBO-Baseball02

If the pitching crew remains healthy, watch out. To think that they added 4 top notch pitchers that will log SEC weekend innings is incredible.

Chase Dollander from Ga. Southern (and I heard yesterday from a player he is doing very well)
Chase Burns, on the MLB draft board out of HS throwing over 95 and looking good.
Seth Halvorsen from Missouri who is also showing up well.
Ben Joyce, consistently sitting 97 - 100 with a few touches above 100 and a few off speed pitches

All of the above are 6'3" - 6'5" and in that 220 - 230 lbs range. I hear Joyce is a beast when it comes to strength & conditioning, especially at 6'5", 225 lbs.

Am I missing any new pitchers?

Will Mabry , Kirby Connell and Redmond Walsh will be 3 lefties that will contribute for sure.

Camden Sewell and Tidwell will be the Work Horses, I feel like both of them will have the Most Innings of the staff!

Pitching will be the Strength for sure!! Omaha caliber club on the mound.

There is others , not even mentioned that could factor in as well!!

Go Vols!!!

Also, one major point , all of our guys are Pitchers in lieu of throwers , there has been Throwers with talent at UT in the past. But the difference I have seen in a TV and Anderson staff is that they throw strikes and are Pitchers!! Huge difference!! Let's Go!!!

Agreed. Kids won’t pitch at UT if they don’t have control and throw strikes. No doubt. I would take a guy throwing 90-92 with pinpoint location, movement and control of multiple pitches over a “thrower” that hits 99-100 but doesn’t have the same control. That’s what wins games consistently at the college and pro level. There is a reason the average MLB fastball is a little over 92mph. Those guys are “pitchers”.

Agreed. Kids won’t pitch at UT if they don’t have control and throw strikes. No doubt. I would take a guy throwing 90-92 with pinpoint location, movement and control of multiple pitches over a “thrower” that hits 99-100 but doesn’t have the same control. That’s what wins games consistently at the college and pro level. There is a reason the average MLB fastball is a little over 92mph. Those guys are “pitchers”.

We’ll see if that’s true of Halvorsen. At Missouri, he was a thrower. Anderson is tasked with making him a pitcher. I trust that he will.

VN Store

Back