2020 Summer Olympics / Tokyo

Canada Sweden women’s soccer about to go into penalty kicks for the gold medal on the USA network.

It will be fine when they aren't showing 15 hour tape delays of events people can see any time they want on their phone. From what I understand, NBC is getting a lot of hits on their online streaming. But, when the biggest events are live at 3 am on a Thursday morning, it's going to be hard to get large numbers. I imagine things will be different in 2024 and, especially, 2028.

Gold, USA!

I'm really glad they won. I have no idea why people give USA basketball such flak. They are young millionaires who could be at the beach with tail chasing them, but they give it up for no pay to live in quarantine across the ocean to chase a gold medal for the USA. They are also expected to win and get little credit for doing so, but immense grief if they don't. Credit where credit is due, today was tough.

Gold, USA!

I'm really glad they won. I have no idea why people give USA basketball such flak. They are young millionaires who could be at the beach with tail chasing them, but they give it up for no pay to live in quarantine across the ocean to chase a gold medal for the USA. They are also expected to win and get little credit for doing so, but immense grief if they don't. Credit where credit is due, today was tough.

People want to see scores like the Dream Team era and anything else is going to cause some grumbling.

The casual observer just doesn't realize how much the rest of the world has caught up to the US in hoops. I am talking the mens game here, I really dunno much about womens basketball.

Last stats I saw were that something like 35 percent of all players who played in the NBA last year were born overseas.

The women's 4x400m relay team may never have that much star power as the on which just won gold earlier today. They might have pushed a WR had Felix not been a little tired from yesterday's race. Mu and McGlaughlin will be stars for years on this track team.

So, the 2024 Olympics are dropping karate, softball and baseball and adding… break dancing.

So, the 2024 Olympics are dropping karate, softball and baseball and adding… break dancing.
I read somewhere that they add certain events that have a big background or following in the countries that host, that's why they're adding breakdancing in France. Not sure how breakdancing got consideration as a sport though.

Break dancing?

Is it not about 40 years late for that? Maybe I could still throw down a piece of cardboard and bust a worm and try out for the team. Not sure how my back will hold up though.

Honestly, the three drops are kind of "meh". Baseball has never really caught on as an Olympic sport for some reason. Without MLB stopping their season for a few weeks so the theoretical best players can play, has been really hard to get traction.

Break dancing?

Is it not about 40 years late for that? Maybe I could still throw down a piece of cardboard and bust a worm and try out for the team. Not sure how my back will hold up though.

Honestly, the three drops are kind of "meh". Baseball has never really caught on as an Olympic sport for some reason. Without MLB stopping their season for a few weeks so the theoretical best players can play, has been really hard to get traction.
Weren't the French also about 40 years behind Jerry Lewis movies?

Reactions: GAVol

VN Store

Back