6. Alabama
7. Texas A&M
8. South Carolina
11. Florida
13. Georgia
15. Arkansas
16. Kentucky
17. Ole Miss
I'm guessing because our last few classes have been loaded and this class is smaller.

Not pertaining to this thread, but I noticed Gracie Osbron in no longer listed on the current roster. Any one have any info?

Reactions: RollerVol
thanks kamoshika...knew we lost a few but couldn't remember who they were...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

Not pertaining to this thread, but I noticed Gracie Osbron in no longer listed on the current roster. Any one have any info?
I saw that as well. Did not see that coming but the SS position and catcher was very competitive so she may have looked elsewhere!
DeerPark any clarity you can provide?

After signing a number 1 and a number 2 class the last couple seasons expected it to be tough to get a top class three seasons in a row. We did get a couple a outstanding players lost the pitcher to Texas.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Reactions: Volfan2012
Bailey-McCachren-seen-here-pitching-for-the-East-Cobb-Bullets-is-one-of-the-top-uncommitted-players-in-the-2019-class-but-that-should-change-soon..png
142 strikeouts in 98 innings and just 21 walks. I didn't know about her great pickup.

Reactions: lvfan
I'm guessing because our last few classes have been loaded and this class is smaller.

Only lose two scholarship players from this year's team, there wasn't a lot of money to give out. It's a big reason they lost one of the commits mentioned above.

I saw that as well. Did not see that coming but the SS position and catcher was very competitive so she may have looked elsewhere!
DeerPark any clarity you can provide?

She played through the fall schedule, I assume the post-fall meetings led her to pursue another school. Never seemed to regain the stroke she had before her injury in travel ball.

Reactions: Nickid1975
She played through the fall schedule, I assume the post-fall meetings led her to pursue another school. Never seemed to regain the stroke she had before her injury in travel ball.
Thanks for your insight! Never looked comfortable on offense or defense in my opinion! Hate to see a Tennessee girl leave but what ever is best for her!!

Reactions: ldyvolsoftballfan
Thanks for your insight! Never looked comfortable on offense or defense in my opinion! Hate to see a Tennessee girl leave but what ever is best for her!!
Well she was a freshman and we’re not notorious for player development these days. Hard to judge hitters when they dont get substantial game reps.

Well she was a freshman and we’re not notorious for player development these days. Hard to judge hitters when they dont get substantial game reps.
I really think she got more than a chance since Ally went down and she also had a chance to catch and hit but the offense did not come back. Cant hit cant play!

Sure thing. Other former UT commits who ended up elsewhere: Autumn Belviy (TN) to Florida State and Kayla Baptista (RI) to UNC.

Kalei Harding from Blackman (Murfreesboro) also spurned the Vols and ended up at FSU. She was offered but never committed. #10 in Flo rankings. Also, missed out on Cheynne Lindsey the year before last (Chattanooga #20 Flo ranked).

These are a couple of big time recruits UT is missed out on that I wished they could have signed. :(:(

Those "top ranked" teams have not hit on much, so maybe these "no names" from this year will turn some heads.

I think you are gonna have defections every season just not enough playing time for everyone and when you see yourself getting stuck down the depth chart you know your not gonna be able to make the move to get the playing time you want. This coming season the UT softball Lady Vols are loaded with shortstop and catcher candidates and most have a better resume than Osborne had with the bat. She got a huge preview last season and couldn't hit well enough at this level. I think she will develop into a great player somewhere that she can get the playing time. Here she has been recruited over it happens and hopefully she finds a place where she can shine.

I really think she got more than a chance since Ally went down and she also had a chance to catch and hit but the offense did not come back. Cant hit cant play!
Oh I get it. But being that she was injured and coming in to play as a freshman is tough, especially in the SEC. I would’ve liked to see her finish out. Very few freshmen have early success much less coming off an injury. She also comes from a HS that now has a hc that quit UT over differences, but she stuck it out till her Sr year. I just absolutely hate seeing kids leave and wasting a year of investment

Oh I get it. But being that she was injured and coming in to play as a freshman is tough, especially in the SEC. I would’ve liked to see her finish out. Very few freshmen have early success much less coming off an injury. She also comes from a HS that now has a hc that quit UT over differences, but she stuck it out till her Sr year. I just absolutely hate seeing kids leave and wasting a year of investment
Could not agree more. She was one of my favorites last year and I think she may have made it if she stayed longer. The Weekleys said that most all the positions were competitive in the fall. Yes Scarlett quit right before the tournament and I have never liked quitters in anything. I coached a long time and usually they are not worth the trouble. Osbron committed long before the SM surfaced. They hung with SM and gave her every benefit of the doubt for the last 3 years and she just could not hang on a consistant basis. JMHO as always!! SS

Could not agree more. She was one of my favorites last year and I think she may have made it if she stayed longer. The Weekleys said that most all the positions were competitive in the fall. Yes Scarlett quit right before the tournament and I have never liked quitters in anything. I coached a long time and usually they are not worth the trouble. Osbron committed long before the SM surfaced. They hung with SM and gave her every benefit of the doubt for the last 3 years and she just could not hang on a consistant basis. JMHO as always!! SS
What I hate most of all is the conveyor belt feeling with no loyalty. I say that both ways. Kids wanna feel the love before they can take some tough coaching. They’ll do miraculous things if they know you’ll stand behind them when things get tough. On the flip side they’ll bail a coach out and save that tail when they make a bad call too. There’s little time it seems to develop in this environment and we seem to try to replace instead of reload. Jmo

What I hate most of all is the conveyor belt feeling with no loyalty. I say that both ways. Kids wanna feel the love before they can take some tough coaching. They’ll do miraculous things if they know you’ll stand behind them when things get tough. On the flip side they’ll bail a coach out and save that tail when they make a bad call too. There’s little time it seems to develop in this environment and we seem to try to replace instead of reload. Jmo
I really think that the majority of the coaching that is going to be beneficial is done in the summer programs. obviously some happens at the college level. I think hitters can improve the most and I team overall have not had the killer instinct in the last several years. I really hope and believe Marc will really help in that department. You know loyalty is some thing that has been lost for whatever reason. Athletics now is the tail wagging the dog and I am afraid the college balloon is getting ready to pop!

Reactions: Volfan2012 and tim
The lineup really looks solid never know how it will turn out, but it looks good on paper.

Holcomb LF
Parsons 2B
Ayala RF
Seggren 3B or SS depends on where Shipman plays.
Shipman DH or catcher
Milloy CF
Phillips 3B or C
Webber DH or 1B
Morgan 1B

That lineup has more power than any we've had in years. I think Milloy, Phillips, Webber, and Shipman are all potential 20 homer players. Seggern will hit around .400 hasn't been a big home run hitter but this could be her year to be the big RBI player in the lineup.

The lineup really looks solid never know how it will turn out, but it looks good on paper.

Holcomb LF
Parsons 2B
Ayala RF
Seggren 3B or SS depends on where Shipman plays.
Shipman DH or catcher
Milloy CF
Phillips 3B or C
Webber DH or 1B
Morgan 1B

That lineup has more power than any we've had in years. I think Milloy, Phillips, Webber, and Shipman are all potential 20 homer players. Seggern will hit around .400 hasn't been a big home run hitter but this could be her year to be the big RBI player in the lineup.
Could not agree more!!! I wish it was SOFTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE right now!!~ lol

I would think Shipman would certainly play catcher with Phillips at DH.
Agree about Ally but I still am not sure Seggern will start the year at 3rd which will be where Phillips should be. Maybe as we go a few games it would not surprise me for Willingham to get to going at SS. Course I hope those who hit are the ones who play. I know you cant make chicken salad with chicken sh** but Marc has chicken salad to work with I believe! JMHO as always!1 SS

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back