2020 Presidential Race

Yesterday I heard Anderson Cooper refer to the President as "an obese turtle on its back flailing and baking in the sun". They should all just take "News" out of their network titles and replace it with "Confirmation Bias". Journalism is dead.
it is called a metaphor.

I think investigating is ok. And recounts and lawsuits are ok too. But they will never overturn this election. It isn't happening. So once the inevitable conclusion is reached, what should we do? We're either going to have to move on or revolt. I am in favor of moving on with an eye towards shoring up the election process to guard against this kind of fraud in the future.
Depends on what the investigations show. If the investigations show that the electorate was willfully and intentionally bypassed, and the system glosses it over with no other recourse to the electorate...?

Just accept the system for what it is and have an eye for the next time they do it?

If that's the prescription, just go ahead and stop calling us a Democratic Republic and be honest.

Which highlights the biggest flaw with the electoral college.
Trump has done nothing but sh!t on California because he knew he couldn't win it and that hurt his woddle feelings.
Trump basically wrote off 15% of the nation's population.
I'm relatively certain that is not what the Founding Fathers had in mind.
Ugh, your idea is to write off at least 40% of the population. So not sure how your is better.

Uh huh.

Why are all these votes coming from the large cities?

Trump didn't lose voters this election. Look at the numbers. And we go right back to the argument we had yesterday. There is no way Biden is increasing his vote total over Obama to the tune of 5 million votes.
Why are you ignoring the fact that Trump will also surpass Obama’s numbers? Doesn’t fit your narrative? Voter turnout is the sole reason for the numbers. Turns out letting people mail in votes brings more votes. You knew this already.

How much of a role does Trump's fear of criminal prosecution by the State of New York play a role in this going forward? I don't see why the state prosecutors, in their discretion, cannot agree to forego that if it is understood that Trump goes quietly into that good night.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
Uh huh.

Why are all these votes coming from the large cities?

Trump didn't lose voters this election. Look at the numbers. And we go right back to the argument we had yesterday. There is no way Biden is increasing his vote total over Obama to the tune of 5 million votes.
Also, why would the votes coming from large cities change my point? Suburbs typically surround large cities.

Reactions: NashVol11
Except that Trump made inroads with every voting demographic this election.
Yeah, but the inroads he made weren’t through intellect. Trump preyed on fears and ignorance. His actions didn’t improve our country he made it worse. We now have droves of people who are delusional and irrational. The democrats and republicans are going to have to come together to try to pull our citizens back into reality because we are not in a good place.

Actually Stacy Abrams took that energy and signed up 800K people to vote so that their voice could be heard. She created a blue print that other states will use. It is amazing how some people use the lesson from a loss.
And then cried that Republicans cheated when she lost! I bet you were right there laughing at her and calling her out for being a sore loser, dismissing every claim.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Ok, but that would still be a loss in the popular vote or no?
Maybe when all votes are counted. Certainly a significantly smaller margin than what you were claiming.

Not sure why it matters though since candidates aren't campaigning to get the most total votes. Only the most electoral votes.

It’s definitely partisanship, in that one side uses unsubstantiated allegations of widespread voter fraud to try to restrict the other party’s members from voting, then pretend it’s out of concern for “the integrity of the election” when the only concern about integrity was something they themselves invented
As opposed to trying to de-legitimize an election by claiming Russia collusion? Let's not pretend only one side is guilty. That's where some of you keep losing me.

they've wanted their own country since slavery was abolished. At this point, I say let them have their own country.

"They" don't exist my man. No one is alive from that time. I don't want to live in an authoritarian, communist state which is not quite where your party is, but they are definitely on the fast track.

Depends on what the investigations show. If the investigations show that the electorate was willfully and intentionally bypassed, and the system glosses it over with no other recourse to the electorate...?

Just accept the system for what it is and have an eye for the next time they do it?

If that's the prescription, just go ahead and stop calling us a Democratic Republic and be honest.

What are the alternatives? Civil war, imo, is not something we should be entertaining.

Why are you ignoring the fact that Trump will also surpass Obama’s numbers? Doesn’t fit your narrative? Voter turnout is the sole reason for the numbers. Turns out letting people mail in votes brings more votes. You knew this already.

Well, I'm just using your post from last night as a reference. You were the one that claimed Biden was "low energy" and the "safe bet."

Somehow he energized that many more voters with his "low energy" campaign?

1988 Yugoslavians probably thought that country would never break apart. Bet they wished they would have started working on a peaceful plan then.
Horrific comparison. There was intense ethnic hated for a long period of time between those groups. Also, the makeup of Yugoslavia was completely different. It would be like if the USA was a mix of white states, black states, Mexican states, etc. Not really the same as being upset you can’t nominate judges for a few years.

And I’m pretty certain you’re wrong about people thinking Yugoslavia would never break apart.

Reactions: NashVol11
Twitter videos aren’t evidence lololol

You didn’t read my post!
If you think the only evidence is Twitter videos you’re only listening to one side. There are literally legal documents alleging fraud in multiple states in multiple ways. But yeah, keep dismissing it saying “it’s just Twitter!”

It’s mind-blowing that somehow people think removing the worst President we’ve had is what’s going to lead to civil war.
It won't lead to a civil war. I will go out of my way to bully any person that fully supports Biden in public. It's time for payback for the past 4 years.

Literally no one in here is suspecting fraud because of anything Trump has said. That is foolish. We believe fraud has taken place because of the strange irregularities, the videos of strange things happening, the dead people shown to have voted etc. last night Trump talked about stuff we had been talking about on here all day. None of us are following his lead on this. Stop peddling that nonsense

Trump beat you to the punch on “fraud” by about 4 years.

Just as he claimed fraud bc he lost the popular vote in 2016, put together a team to uncover fraud, found no proof, and never mentioned that they found no proof of widespread fraud.

In other words “fool me once, shame on you”.

Now he’s dipping back into that bag and low and behold if his supporters aren’t eating it up....again.

“Fool me twice.....”

Reactions: RockyTop85
Ugh, your idea is to write off at least 40% of the population. So not sure how your is better.
Not in the least. Without the electoral college, every vote would count.
With the electoral college, only states that are toss ups get attention.
Anyone's vote who lives in a blue or red state is meaningless. The result is a foregone conclusion.
It actually has the opposite effect of what you guys claim.

Actually Stacy Abrams took that energy and signed up 800K people to vote so that their voice could be heard. She created a blue print that other states will use. It is amazing how some people use the lesson from a loss.
No she didnt. She is claiming every new voter in the state of Georgia signed up because of her.

She didnt learn ish but to lie better. And people never learned to fact check the bs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...on/HILWB73PC5ECNFZMYCA67LPRGI/?outputType=amp

Reactions: headhunter15

VN Store

Back