2020 Presidential Race

You think my issue with Trump is that I expect a candidate to be perfect? That gave me the kind of belly laugh that keeps me coming back to the politics forum. Thank you, my friend

I honestly think Trump hurts himself more than anyone with his autocratic tendencies. His market-crashing statement this morning that no deal would happen with China unless he deemed it acceptable was the perfect example. He is the only policy-making apparatus left in the U.S. Government and reminds us constantly. Too bad he changes his mind every two minutes.

Hell, he can't even allow Congressionally-appropriated military aid to go forward without trying to get some personal benefit. Like all wannabe strongmen, he is just a petulant child throwing a tantrum at the end of the day. This is truly the Verruca Salt Presidency.

Happy to amuse you and provide a reprieve from the whine. Go ahead and vote for the Dem nominee as I am sure it satisfies your litmus.

giphy.gif

Happy to amuse you and provide a reprieve from the whine. Go ahead and vote for the Dem nominee as I am sure it satisfies your litmus.

My honest assessment is that the best case scenario for the country is a federal government in gridlock, because neither party as currently constituted is fit to lead. Whatever unicorn-and-rainbow-topia the left wants will quickly be shut down by the reality that the votes won't be there in the U.S. Senate.

None of that changes the fact that the current POTUS believes it is just fine to abuse his power in the service of personal vendettas and the enrichment of friends and family.

Kamala made a partisan attack. Omg she showed up on Fox! End of ze world. No better than anything else.

Pete just clarified his statement. I was expecting more from the way you paraded his win. And as I read it the article said Tulsi was right. Pete would send troops to Mexico. She just didnt add in the three paragraphs of reasoning to it. I was expecting more of an actual problem or policy thing.

Kamala made a partisan attack. Omg she showed up on Fox! End of ze world. No better than anything else.

Pete just clarified his statement. I was expecting more from the way you paraded his win. And as I read it the article said Tulsi was right. Pete would send troops to Mexico. She just didnt add in the three paragraphs of reasoning to it. I was expecting more of an actual problem or policy thing.
He roasted her on Syria as well, that wasn't mentioned in the article.

This is going to be one of those things where two people view the exact same situation in completely different ways. Such is politics.
giphy.gif

He roasted her on Syria as well, that wasn't mentioned in the article.

This is going to be one of those things where two people view the exact same situation in completely different ways. Such is politics.
giphy.gif
That (syria) stuff could be valid points, and I might be more inclined to agree with you if I knew what was said.

I am still stalking the earlier FB threads with people ganging up on Pete and his attacks came up as a positive. From the very anti Pete thread it was one of the few positives, but they made it sound like he was playing the same partisan card Kamala did. "At least he hasnt been on Fox". OMG FOX. so I was trying to go to the best source of Pete I have for what actually happened as the thread has been crap on crap.

No matter which side of the fence your on I think most of us can agree, the pickings for commander and chief are damn slim.
It's like going to a brothel with only $20.00 bucks to spend.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
That (syria) stuff could be valid points, and I might be more inclined to agree with you if I knew what was said.

I am still stalking the earlier FB threads with people ganging up on Pete and his attacks came up as a positive. From the very anti Pete thread it was one of the few positives, but they made it sound like he was playing the same partisan card Kamala did. "At least he hasnt been on Fox". OMG FOX. so I was trying to go to the best source of Pete I have for what actually happened as the thread has been crap on crap.
Pete has been on Fox a few times for town halls.
The Syria exchange in question:
Edit: link vanished. Here's a different one.
Pete Buttigieg and Tulsi Gabbard, the only military vets on the Democratic debate stage, duke it out over US action in Syria

Pete has been on Fox a few times for town halls.
The Syria exchange in question:
Edit: link vanished. Here's a different one.
Pete Buttigieg and Tulsi Gabbard, the only military vets on the Democratic debate stage, duke it out over US action in Syria
This goes back to your politics. I guess. In this case I side with Tulsi. Bring our boys home. Pete mentions looking the Afghans in the eyes. But what about our guys, or the widows at home?

Anyway not starting a debate on that subject.

I am still not seeing the body slam that the Bernie boys were talking about and proud of. And again personally from this conversation I would not be happy to have these guys proud of me.

This goes back to your politics. I guess. In this case I side with Tulsi. Bring our boys home. Pete mentions looking the Afghans in the eyes. But what about our guys, or the widows at home?

Anyway not starting a debate on that subject.

I am still not seeing the body slam that the Bernie boys were talking about and proud of. And again personally from this conversation I would not be happy to have these guys proud of me.
I'm surprised the Bernie Bros said anything nice about Pete at all. We'll take it I guess.

VN Store

Back