2020 NFL Season Thread

95 Vol Alum

Go Big Vols!
It's funny because half of us are saying "just own it" and the other half are waiting for them to say they tanked so they can lose their minds on them. Hinkie told us he was tanking and he got so much **** for years, so "just own it" doesn't seem like a good option.

What is the difference between resting Big Ben and benching Hurts? Both teams are giving up a game for the sake of the future. Why do we tolerate one and not the other? It's the same damn thing, it's just that the rewards are different.
I think the bigger issue is that the NFL/NBC prime timed a team that, by all game appearances, had no interest in winning. Bad call by them.

If it’s a regional broadcast earlier in the day, the outrage would be more muted.

Knox-a-rue

Never Forget the Hobnail Boot Game!
I love Watson and would really like to see him in a place where he isn't set up to fail. Bill Butt-chin O'Brien mortgaged their future before his unceremonious departure. I had high hopes for them in their new GM and coaching searches. It seemed like ownership had finally figured something out. But now it looks like they are losing on all fronts.

Someone needs to throw a life preserver to Watson, and Washington seems like as good a place as any. I like Smith but he is not a long term option for them. Watson could hit the ground running.

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
@95 Vol Alum Everybody in Survivor picked the Saints. I bet everybody picks the Packers over the Rams and then the Chiefs in conference championship week, and then the Chiefs again in the SB (it resets). So if the Chiefs don't lose this week, we're going to end in a 5-way tie.

95 Vol Alum

Go Big Vols!
@95 Vol Alum Everybody in Survivor picked the Saints. I bet everybody picks the Packers over the Rams and then the Chiefs in conference championship week, and then the Chiefs again in the SB (it resets). So if the Chiefs don't lose this week, we're going to end in a 5-way tie.
Did everyone reset at the playoffs? I assume so if everyone is able to pick the Packers this week. I meant to give you props for still having the Saints available for the playoffs.

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Did everyone reset at the playoffs? I assume so if everyone is able to pick the Packers this week. I meant to give you props for still having the Saints available for the playoffs.
Yeah, everyone reset at the playoffs (and then again for the SB). I think I would have had to pick the Skins (same for probably everybody) if it didn't reset.

VN Store

Sponsors