2020 NFL Offseason Thread

97515229_3339974619382536_6624754451536150528_n.jpg

Reactions: n_huffhines
Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield says he will kneel during the national anthem this upcoming season.

The young NFL passer posted an Instagram video Saturday, and a fan commented, “Please tell Browns fans you’re not going to be kneeling this season.” (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football)

Mayfield responded with, “@ohiog1 pull your head out. I absolutely am.” You can see a screenshot of the comment below.

And so it begins. The chaos has finally arrived. We’re all in at this point. If you thought there was any chance we’d have a normal season in 2020, your eyes should be completely open at this point.

Protesting during the national anthem is going to explode when games start in a few months.
As a football fan, I’m not looking forward to this at all. I’m not looking forward to the fact our favorite sport is about to become super political.​

Honestly, it just sucks, and it shouldn’t be this way.

Baker Mayfield Says He Will Kneel During The National Anthem

Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield says he will kneel during the national anthem this upcoming season.

The young NFL passer posted an Instagram video Saturday, and a fan commented, “Please tell Browns fans you’re not going to be kneeling this season.” (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football)

Mayfield responded with, “@ohiog1 pull your head out. I absolutely am.” You can see a screenshot of the comment below.
And so it begins. The chaos has finally arrived. We’re all in at this point. If you thought there was any chance we’d have a normal season in 2020, your eyes should be completely open at this point.​

Protesting during the national anthem is going to explode when games start in a few months.​
As a football fan, I’m not looking forward to this at all. I’m not looking forward to the fact our favorite sport is about to become super political.​

Honestly, it just sucks, and it shouldn’t be this way.​

Not surprising after the Drew Brees thing. I expect a lot of kneeling and a lot of people making a big deal at first. And then everyone stops caring. The question is whether non-kneelers will get canceled in between. Just another form of virtue signaling. You can't avoid it. For us or against us.

Not surprising after the Drew Brees thing. I expect a lot of kneeling and a lot of people making a big deal at first. And then everyone stops caring. The question is whether non-kneelers will get canceled in between. Just another form of virtue signaling. You can't avoid it. For us or against us.

I love football and sports in general, but I have learned that I can have a happy life without sports.

I have a feeling that the NFL season, and maybe even college football this season, is going to be Super Political. If that happens I will not be watching, and I think there will be millions of fans that feel the same way.

Reactions: Knox-a-rue

And so it begins. The chaos has finally arrived. We’re all in at this point. If you thought there was any chance we’d have a normal season in 2020, your eyes should be completely open at this point.​

Protesting during the national anthem is going to explode when games start in a few months.​

Honestly, it just sucks, and it shouldn’t be this way.​

By your post history, I would assume you can’t wait for it to happen.

Saints' Alvin Kamara attends NASCAR race, shows support for driver Bubba Wallace

New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara became one of NASCAR's newest fans this week, after the organization banned Confederate flags from its racetracks.

Kamara saw his first race as an invited guest of NASCAR on Sunday at the Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway after he tweeted his support for the sport and driver Bubba Wallace earlier in the week.

Kamara, who grew up outside of Atlanta, said he didn't realize before this week "how deeply rooted the Confederate flag was" around NASCAR events. He learned more about the history this week and spent time talking to NASCAR president Steve Phelps.

Kamara was one of many Saints players who acknowledged being "disappointed and hurt" two weeks ago, when teammate Drew Brees said that he will never agree with anybody disrespecting the American flag by protesting during the national anthem. Brees later apologized and vowed to be a leader for the black community in the movement toward equality and justice, and he backed up his words by sharing what he had learned in a message to President Donald Trump.

Kamara was one of 10 Saints players who sat on the bench during the national anthem during Week 3 of the 2017 season after Trump levied harsh criticism against players who protested during the anthem. For the remainder of that season, Saints players knelt and locked arms before the anthem, then stood during the anthem.

RB Kamara visits NASCAR race in Wallace gear

Few here seemed to mind the virtue signaling and lines being drawn in the sand when the anti-kneelers were getting their way.

This might be fun... and I miss sports.

I was thinking about what level of success I would be satisfied with this year for my team, and I wondered what others thought as well.

I'm a Chiefs fan - not a long-timer, but ever since Eric Berry arrived. His absence makes me sad. (And as a defense against being called a Mahomes-bandwagon fan, I will admit I was against trading up to draft a QB at the time).

Anyway...

I will be satisfied with a Super Bowl appearance, certainly. I don't require a win.

Will I be satisfied with losing the AFC championship game? Maybe if its under the right conditions to the right team. I'm certainly not satisfied with losing to Bill Belichick and the Pats or Bill O'Brien's Texans (I have nothing but disrespect for Bill O'Brien), but I could stomach a loss to the Titans or the Ravens. I definitely want to make the AFC championship game.

I will not be satisfied missing the playoffs under any circumstances - even if the season is canceled/cut short.

----

What say you?

Reactions: n_huffhines
Broncos need to either make the playoffs or have an awesome offense for me to be excited about the season. If we don't make the playoffs, it probably means Fangio is not the guy, so that sucks, but if we can come away from this season knowing Lock is the guy, I'll be happy.

VN Store

Back