2020 NFL Offseason Thread

Has anyone ever seen that episode of the Andy Griffith show where Andy and several others are going to sell their houses to each other? There are 3-4 families all planning to switch houses. Then they start finding out the problems with the new houses - flooding basements and such - and they all decide to stay put.

Thats what the NFL QB situation looks like to me right now. Brady's going here, Rivers is going there. Dalton will move to this other place. Winston. Newton. And so on and so forth.

It all just seems crazy to me. I would try to keep my QB, find a replacement and let him learn and take the reins when he's ready. But thats just me. Dont switch horses in the middle of the stream.

Of course I'm a Chiefs fan, so...

Reactions: Vol49er
Has anyone ever seen that episode of the Andy Griffith show where Andy and several others are going to sell their houses to each other? There are 3-4 families all planning to switch houses. Then they start finding out the problems with the new houses - flooding basements and such - and they all decide to stay put.

Thats what the NFL QB situation looks like to me right now. Brady's going here, Rivers is going there. Dalton will move to this other place. Winston. Newton. And so on and so forth.

It all just seems crazy to me. I would try to keep my QB, find a replacement and let him learn and take the reins when he's ready. But thats just me. Dont switch horses in the middle of the stream.

Of course I'm a Chiefs fan, so...
I agree with this. I’m a Niners fan and I think the Brady to the 49ers talk is ridiculous (and likely is more a result of Brady’s interest in us than the other way around). Jimmy is not Mahomes, but he’s much better than average, and definitely not someone you willingly give up for a 40 something year old regressing QB. Again I don’t really think the Niners are considering it, but the media who think it’d be a good idea are uninformed. People forget Jimmy still has the ability to get even better, he’s started fewer games than Baker Mayfield

Reactions: Plecoptera
I agree with this. I’m a Niners fan and I think the Brady to the 49ers talk is ridiculous (and likely is more a result of Brady’s interest in us than the other way around). Jimmy is not Mahomes, but he’s much better than average, and definitely not someone you willingly give up for a 40 something year old regressing QB. Again I don’t really think the Niners are considering it, but the media who think it’d be a good idea are uninformed. People forget Jimmy still has the ability to get even better, he’s started fewer games than Baker Mayfield

I think its ridiculous as well. I like Jimmy also and think he is still far from his ceiling.

Frankly, if I were the Bengals I would pay whatever is necessary to have Brady come for one season and mentor Burrow. 40 mil? 50 mil? Whatever. No other move for Brady makes sense to me.

Reactions: Vol49er
I think its ridiculous as well. I like Jimmy also and think he is still far from his ceiling.

Frankly, if I were the Bengals I would pay whatever is necessary to have Brady come for one season and mentor Burrow. 40 mil? 50 mil? Whatever. No other move for Brady makes sense to me.
That’s an interesting idea. I agree most of the places Brady’s been placed don’t make much sense, so I think he probably should just head back to NE. And at this point I still think that’s what he’ll do

The Cowboys should get Brady. I like Dak, but he's probably not worth the contract he turned down, so the idea of giving him more than that (5/$200m?) is more insane than giving Brady 2/$60m, or whatever.

This dude is such an out of touch clown. He doesn't understand that hundred millionaires have much different priorities/needs than hundred thousandaires.

Rodgers unsure if players really looking at CBA

You contend he is wrong in his analysis of the players? Given my experience in matters of a similar nature, I think he's likely pretty close to accurate in his assessment. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your cryptic point.

I can support the take that he's a clown since he plays for the Packers, though.

You contend he is wrong in his analysis of the players? Given my experience in matters of a similar nature, I think he's likely pretty close to accurate in his assessment. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your cryptic point.

I can support the take that he's a clown since he plays for the Packers, though.

He is probably right that players aren't reading the CBA. I assume that's what agents are for, anyway. Their priority is to get paid. He's talking about all this other stuff because he doesn't have to worry about money. He's insulting their intelligence like they don't understand what's happening.

He is probably right that players aren't reading the CBA. I assume that's what agents are for, anyway. Their priority is to get paid. He's talking about all this other stuff because he doesn't have to worry about money. He's insulting their intelligence like they don't understand what's happening.

He's insulting their initiative and challenging their individual view vs the collective view unless I misread his comments. An agent is charged with repping his/her client not the collective. I didn't see where he said they weren't smart enough to understand things.

Not an uncommon conversation in collective bargaining, in my opinion. Some worry over the details while others just want to "get paid." If they didn't like him as a player rep, then they could change that and pick someone who is worrying about money. My bet is that most don't want to be bothered with those responsibilities which, by these quotes, he seems to take seriously.

He's insulting their initiative and challenging their individual view vs the collective view unless I misread his comments. An agent is charged with repping his/her client not the collective. I didn't see where he said they weren't smart enough to understand things.

Not an uncommon conversation in collective bargaining, in my opinion. Some worry over the details while others just want to "get paid." If they didn't like him as a player rep, then they could change that and pick someone who is worrying about money. My bet is that most don't want to be bothered with those responsibilities which, by these quotes, he seems to take seriously.

My bet is that Aaron doesn't want to play a 17th game.

I think he made that pretty obvious. At least not for the terms being offered. I don't think he is alone on that though.

For sure he is not, but the guys making $850k want the extra $50k. The guys making $850k greatly outnumber the guys making $10M.

There are rumors that the Falcons are going to be making big moves because of their really bad salary cap situation. There are rumors saying the Falcons may trade Julio Jones following the 2020 season and Matt Ryan could possibly be traded following the 2021 season. A whole lot of the Falcons salary cap space is Julio Jones and Matt Ryan.

There are rumors that the Falcons are going to be making big moves because of their really bad salary cap situation. There are rumors saying the Falcons may trade Julio Jones following the 2020 season and Matt Ryan could possibly be traded following the 2021 season. A whole lot of the Falcons salary cap space is Julio Jones and Matt Ryan.

Just another case study showing that star QB's are overpaid. Who wants a $40m cap hit in 2022? Anyone?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back