2020 NFL Offseason Thread

109252290_3295832290510408_1735644426151350511_o.jpg

Last year at this time, 7 (out of 55) NFL coaches and executives had Mahomes in tier 2.

Philip Rivers was in tier 1.

26 had Russell Wilson in tier 2.

Matt Ryan had 13 tier 1 votes.

Deshaun Watson had 17 tier 3 votes.

Dak was tier 3 and Baker Mayfield was tier 2.

Lamar Jackson was tier 4.

2019 QB Tiers from 55 coaches & execs (Sando) : CHIBears

2020 Rankings:

Tier 1 = Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, Watson

Tier 2 = Brady, Jackson, Big Ben, Stafford, Ryan, Wentz, Dak, Rivers

Other notables:
Tier 3 = Kyler Murray, Jimmy G, Tannehill, Newton, Mayfield, D Jones

Tier 4 = Lock, Minshew

This is all behind a paywall

2020 Quarterback Tiers: 50 coaches and evaluators rank the...

Reactions: Knox-a-rue
2020 Rankings:

Tier 1 = Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, Watson

Tier 2 = Brady, Jackson, Big Ben, Stafford, Ryan, Wentz, Dak, Rivers

Other notables:
Tier 3 = Kyler Murray, Jimmy G, Tannehill, Newton, Mayfield, D Jones

Tier 4 = Lock, Minshew

This is all behind a paywall

2020 Quarterback Tiers: 50 coaches and evaluators rank the...
What does Lamar have to do to show these guys?

I admit I wasn't a Lamar Jackson fan at first. He was great at the college level, could literally take over a game. But I didn't expect to see his skills translate to the NFL as well as he did last year.

MVP - pretty good for a running back.

What does Lamar have to do to show these guys?

I admit I wasn't a Lamar Jackson fan at first. He was great at the college level, could literally take over a game. But I didn't expect to see his skills translate to the NFL as well as he did last year.

MVP - pretty good for a running back.

Well, they had him at 7th overall, which is pretty respectable. As dominant as Lamar was last year, I kind of expect a regression. It's a lot to ask to repeat last year's performance. Teams that have seen him once or twice can do more to game plan for him and there is more film to rely on, too. I think we need to see Lamar prove that he can adapt to the league's adjustments to him.

Also, I think the way the tier system works is it's not rating how good you are in your specific system, it's rating how good you are in a vacuum. Hold on, I'll get the exact definitions for the tiers.

Reactions: Knox-a-rue
A Tier 1 quarterback can carry his team each week. The team wins because of him. He expertly handles pure passing situations. He has no real holes in his game.

A Tier 2 quarterback can carry his team sometimes but not as consistently. He can handle pure passing situations in doses and/or possesses other dimensions that are special enough to elevate him above Tier 3. He has a hole or two in his game.

So maybe Lamar is docked because he's not yet proven as a traditional pocket passer.

Reactions: NashVol11

Russilo was saying that only like 25% of the players vote and they can vote before the regular season is over. You also only get 20 votes. That's how you end up with a top 100 that includes Josh Allen but not Carson Wentz.

VN Store

Back