2020 NFL Offseason Thread

Favre is right, like it or not. You're the same guys who wouldn't have believed that history would be kind to Tommy Smith, John Carlos, Muhammed Ali, etc.

200 lbs of horrible irony was dropped on George Floyd's neck and it changed the entire landscape with Kap like it was freaking divine intervention.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangepridenation
Favre is right, like it or not. You're the same guys who wouldn't have believed that history would be kind to Tommy Smith, John Carlos, Muhammed Ali, etc.

200 lbs of horrible irony was dropped on George Floyd's neck and it changed the entire landscape with Kap like it was freaking divine intervention.
I believe Kapernick is still alive. Tillman is not. That's a difference.

If teams show an interest in signing him, what does Kapernick do? Have his girlfriend issue another inflammatory tweet to screw the deal like when the Ravens wanted to sign him? He has no desire to actually step on a field again, he's playing this situation out to be a professional victim.

I believe Kapernick is still alive. Tillman is not. That's a difference.

If teams show an interest in signing him, what does Kapernick do? Have his girlfriend issue another inflammatory tweet to screw the deal like when the Ravens wanted to sign him? He has no desire to actually step on a field again, he's playing this situation out to be a professional victim.

I don't think Favre (or anybody) is saying there are no differences between the two.

As for the Ravens thing, what proof do you have that he intentionally sabotaged the deal? Ray Lewis's statement makes it sound like they didn't know Ravens were coming up with a deal.

If Kap signs with a team can we finally put to rest this terrible theory that he doesn't really want to play?

Last edited:
We could also figure out if he deserves to start in the NFL based on ability.

Ehh, that's subjective so people are going to think what they want to think about that, unless he plays awesome or terribly. All he ever did was prove he belonged in the league and lots of people tried to argue he wasn't good enough (but then most of them pivoted to "not good enough for the distraction he causes").

I don't think Favre (or anybody) is saying there are no differences between the two.

As for the Ravens thing, what proof do you have that he intentionally sabotaged the deal? Ray Lewis's statement makes it sound like they didn't know Ravens were coming up with a deal.

If Kap signs with a team can we finally put to rest this terrible theory that he doesn't really want to play?

"I can only think of right off the top of my head, Pat Tillman is another guy that did something similar," Favre said. "And, we regard him as a hero. So, I'd assume that hero status will be stamped with Kaepernick as well."

Odd that a guy who wants sooooooo desperately to play in the NFL and has an offer forthcoming is totally silent and never comments, apologizes or in any other way addresses the comment from his girlfriend that derailed the offer. Silence speaks volumes sometimes.

Reactions: butchna
"I can only think of right off the top of my head, Pat Tillman is another guy that did something similar," Favre said. "And, we regard him as a hero. So, I'd assume that hero status will be stamped with Kaepernick as well."

Odd that a guy who wants sooooooo desperately to play in the NFL and has an offer forthcoming is totally silent and never comments, apologizes or in any other way addresses the comment from his girlfriend that derailed the offer. Silence speaks volumes sometimes.

I have my doubts that Kap is actively sabotaging himself, but even if he is, it doesn’t really change what Favre is getting it. History is going to be much kinder to Kaepernick than some here seem to want to believe.

I have my doubts that Kap is actively sabotaging himself, but even if he is, it doesn’t really change what Favre is getting it. History is going to be much kinder to Kaepernick than some here seem to want to believe.
To compare him or his situation to Tillman is obscene.

To compare him or his situation to Tillman is obscene.

Don't be so sensitive. You get his point, right? He's an NFL player who stood for what he believed in, took a big hit, and history will look at them both as heroes. You may 2nd guess what Kapernick did. Guess what? You should also 2nd guess what Tillman did. The war in Afghanistan has been horrible for America and it was horrible for Tillman. What he did was heroic, but the Tillman story should be a cautionary tale and we somehow seem to ignore the actual moral of the story.

With the Hall of Fame game cancelled, it will be interesting to see how many exhibition games are actually played by NFL teams to get ready for this season.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back