2020 NFL Draft Thread

95158406_3292975217415810_1539857865672491008_o.jpg

I think you can get a good punter from UDFAs. Hofrichter did average 43 yards a punt in 2019 however,
I generally agree. Just curious. I don't really have a prob with taking a punter mid-late 7th round if there's no one else you have your eye on. (Although that seems to betray a lack of imagination on the GM's part.) Pats taking a place-kicker in the 4th or 5th or whenever seems dumb to me though. Although the last time they drafted a PK it worked out. The question is always though, do you HAVE to use a draft pick?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I generally agree. Just curious. I don't really have a prob with taking a punter mid-late 7th round if there's no one else you have your eye on. (Although that seems to betray a lack of imagination on the GM's part.) Pats taking a place-kicker in the 4th or 5th or whenever seems dumb to me though. Although the last time they drafted a PK it worked out. The question is always though, do you HAVE to use a draft pick?
In 1985 the Cardinals drafted a kicker from UCLA named John Lee in the 1st round:D He got a hip injury and never played a regular season game for the Cardinals:rolleyes:

Reactions: MAD
In 1985 the Cardinals drafted a kicker from UCLA named John Lee in the 1st round:D He got a hip injury and never played a regular season game for the Cardinals:rolleyes:

Close. Lee was at the top of the 2nd round. Janikowski was drafted 17th overall and was an average kicker.

Belichick always has so many that he can afford to throw one at a perceived problem area. He’s always had a franchise QB to soften any misses in his Pats tenure tho...so new territory.

Belichick always has so many that he can afford to throw one at a perceived problem area. He’s always had a franchise QB to soften any misses in his Pats tenure tho...so new territory.
It will be interesting if Bill Belichick decides to retire when the Patriots go 9-7 in 2020 and don't make the AFC Playoffs.

Reactions: butchna
It will be interesting if Bill Belichick decides to retire when the Patriots go 9-7 in 2020 and don't make the AFC Playoffs.
It would be. Doubt it tho. I think ego is the motivation to keep on going. Would want to prove it was primarily him that delivered the championships imo. Plus the guy is football and what else?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Oklahoma DT Neville Gallimore got drafted by the Cowboys as well as being drafted by the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Not too bad for a Canadian who went to Oklahoma.

VN Store

Back