2020 NBA Season Thread (brought to you by Jerry’s need for attention)

He’s definitely a weird dude. Like I get it, athletes get some unfair treatment because they get to live the life, but what the hell else was he expecting?

Kyrie doesn't get that he can be pretty much whatever he wants to be but he doesn't get free license to say or do whatever he wants without consequence.

First AD, then Dwight, now Rondo, Kuz better watch his back in the shower. Sidenote: those uniforms are goofy looking as f***

People trying to discount what Harden is doing by saying pace is faster today. Harden is scoring 48.3 points per 100 possessions. Jordan's best year was 46.4. Jordan was taking 5 more shots and Harden 4 more FTA's, so Jordan was taking 3 more possessions to score 2 fewer point

Last edited:
We're 1/4 of the way through the season, if you can believe it. Awards so far:

1st team
Luka
Harden
Lebron
Giannis
KAT

Honorable Mention = AD, Jimmy Butler, Lillard

MVP = Harden
DPOY = Gobert
ROY = Brandon Clarke
6MOY = Delon Wright
Most Improved = Vanvleet/Luka
COY = Monty Williams

I’m not digesting the full league, but KAT’s decision making vs the Grizz Sunday cost them the game. Against a depleted Grizz roster.

At the time and as I recall, MJ hate focused on his “getting calls” others didn’t. And Harden gets 4 more FTA per game than him?!?

I’m not digesting the full league, but KAT’s decision making vs the Grizz Sunday cost them the game. Against a depleted Grizz roster.

Yeah, he's still got to mature, but he's shooting the lights out. He's making almost four 3's per game, shooting 42%. His averages are 26, 12, and 4. We haven't ever seen anything like this at the 5 position.

Dirk only shot 42% from 3 one time and he never made two 3's per game for a whole season.

I pick Brandon Clarke because he is a guy who basically plays every minute at a high level. That's more valuable to winning than a rookie who is amassing numbers simply because the opportunity is there (Paschall, Morant, White). Morant is obviously the better talent but he's a project.

Clarke's rank among rookies per minute:

pts = 2
rebounds = 2
blocks = 3
shooting efficiency = 1

I pick Brandon Clarke because he is a guy who basically plays every minute at a high level. That's more valuable to winning than a rookie who is amassing numbers simply because the opportunity is there (Paschall, Morant, White). Morant is obviously the better talent but he's a project.

Clarke's rank among rookies per minute:

pts = 2
rebounds = 2
blocks = 3
shooting efficiency = 1

Not debating the pick, but I don't think he's that high on the blocks list for rookies (per minute?). Using 10 games played min, he is tied for 5. Looks like he is 3 on points. Still up there.

Looks like Silva is right there with him on most of those rankings. Of course, Morant is high on the points/assists lists.

Not debating the pick, but I don't think he's that high on the blocks list for rookies (per minute?). Using 10 games played min, he is tied for 5. Looks like he is 3 on points. Still up there.

Looks like Silva is right there with him on most of those rankings. Of course, Morant is high on the points/assists lists.

On points, rebounds, and shooting, I was using boxscore geeks filtering rookies who played 100 minutes. You might be right on blocks. I tried to use NBA.com but they might've had some default filter setting I missed.

Morant's problem is he is below league average shooting efficiency and passing efficiency for his position.

You'll have to educate me on shooting efficiency. Is that eFG% or TS% or something else?

Well, either can be a measure of shooting efficiency, but TS% is the ultimate measure. Morant is clearly the better prospect. Clarke is probably pretty near to a finished product and the ceiling is pretty unlimited for Morant. What Morant is doing may be more impressive/difficult than what Clarke is doing, but Clarke is providing more value in terms of winning contribution so far. That's all I'm saying.

1575409789186.png
1575409883051.png

Last edited:
Delon Wright is not even in the same galaxy as Lou and Harrell or even Dragic, hell he's not even in German Rondos league.

FVV has been good but I feel like he's just getting more opportunities and more shots. OG might have actually improved his game more, a little better with the ball, better on D and not as handy, and his shot from 3 has improved a ridiculous amount.

I have to catch him on bad nights, (aside from OKC he kills us) but 60% of the time when I watch KAT his decision making is bad and he still gets lost a lot on D. He puts up numbers, but the best C? IDK

Delon Wright is not even in the same galaxy as Lou and Harrell or even Dragic, hell he's not even in German Rondos league.

He's an elite defender averaging 13 and 6 per 36 with over a 4:1 assist/turnover ratio, shooting efficiently. I mean, I understand it's almost always going to a guy who scores but DW has played his multi-tool role to near perfection while Lou Williams is offense only at about average efficiency right now.

I have to catch him on bad nights, (aside from OKC he kills us) but 60% of the time when I watch KAT his decision making is bad and he still gets lost a lot on D. He puts up numbers, but the best C? IDK

Jonas was out and JJJ was on the bench with fouls as per usual. KAT kept chucking bad threes even though the Grizz had no one to defend him down low. Just dumb.

Reactions: BadJerry20
Capela has 15 rebounds midway in the 3rd, so he should end up with 20 again. That would 7 of the last 8 games with 20, the one time he didn't get 20 he had 19. Dude's been beasting.

He's an elite defender averaging 13 and 6 per 36 with over a 4:1 assist/turnover ratio, shooting efficiently. I mean, I understand it's almost always going to a guy who scores but DW has played his multi-tool role to near perfection while Lou Williams is offense only at about average efficiency right now.

He's also a guy that's steady losing minutes to THJ, less than 20 in 5 of his last 8 games. I'm not giving an award to someone that has inconsistent minutes over guys that night and night out contribute a ton to their team winning. Wrights TS% is 58.6 and Lous is 56.4 while also running the offense most of the game. Wright also benefits from almost all of his minutes being against fellow bench players.

VN Store

Back