2020 NBA Season Thread (brought to you by Jerry’s need for attention)

2019-20: NBA prediction cards:

MVP: Anthony Davis
DPOY: Giannis
ROY: RJ Barrett
COY: Clifford
6MOY: Lou Will
MIP: Jon Isaac
Leading scorer: Steph

Champion: Sixers
Runner-up: Clippers
Most disappointing team: Nuggets
Most surprising team: Magic

I'm liking the 76ers pick more all the time. Easier road to the finals in the east and they match up great with Milwaukee. Their biggest weakness defensively is their ability to defend quick PG's but they likely will not see a great team with a great PG in the playoffs. Also, Thybulle is getting buzz like he's already the best perimeter defender in the NBA. It's stupid to say that so early, but it tells you that he's at least really good.

It makes me laugh that everyone is like “oh my god the NBA is so wide open” and there is two teams from the east that actually have a chance at the Finals lol

It makes me laugh that everyone is like “oh my god the NBA is so wide open” and there is two teams from the east that actually have a chance at the Finals lol
Yeah but I could see the Celtics or Heat doing something to get in that conversation

The past 5 years there have been 2 maybe 3 times with a shot at the title, this year there are 7. So yes the NBA is more wide open that it has been in years.

The past 5 years there have been 2 maybe 3 times with a shot at the title, this year there are 7. So yes the NBA is more wide open that it has been in years.

I think there are only 5. Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Bucks, 76ers

I think there are only 5. Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Bucks, 76ers

If Russ and Harden can figure it out The Rockets have a shot, and I'm not counting out GS. It's been GS and everyone else, and really has it ever been more than 5-7 teams capable of winning?

Reactions: TBrown
If Russ and Harden can figure it out The Rockets have a shot, and I'm not counting out GS. It's been GS and everyone else, and really has it ever been more than 5-7 teams capable of winning?

Ah I forgot about the Rockets...I guess that’s 6.

Watch out for Herro and White for ROY, too. White is in a great position to put up stats as long as Lavine doesn turn into 2006 Kobe. I think Miami is going to be more relevant than people believe, and if Herro can thrive in a 6th man heat check scoring role, he's going to get a lot of credit.

Hero might make 1st team all rookie, but I think RJ, Ja, Clarke, Zion are just going to get way more opportunities to get numbers. White is the 3rd PG right now, and backing up Lavine who will play 35 MPG.

Edit: I totally spaced Zions injury

Last edited:
Hero might make 1st team all rookie, but I think RJ, Ja, Clarke, Zion are just going to get way more opportunities to get numbers. White is the 3rd PG right now, and backing up Lavine who will play 35 MPG.

Geeze, I didn't realize.

I think RJ is the natural ROY pick in Zion’s absence.

I don’t believe Ja is going to play very well (although he’ll be flashy) due to his size. Not to mention the national media will largely forget about him due to small market + very bad team.

RJ is going to get a ton of shots on a team with like 60 national TV games. If they are even remotely good it’ll be handed to him.

The season tips off tonight and Zion Williamson is out 6 to 8 weeks with a knee injury which is tough for New Orleans.

VN Store

Back