2020 NBA Season Thread (brought to you by Jerry’s need for attention)

Ryen Russillo rant about NBA past and present after watching game 5 of the Suns/Sonics WCF:

“This game. Almost no complaining…and you know what? I know this is gonna shock everybody. It’s awesome to not watch guys complain the entire game…and only one charge was called, and I think there were only two times anybody tried to get a charge, it was beautiful.

Now the rest of the basketball, the defenses are losing people all over the place. The myth about guys today couldn’t play back then, the Warriors would win by 50 f****** points if they played in this kind of game, I’m telling you right now. Defensive lapses happened way more back then than they do now. So as much as we see these clips from these insecure Jordan twitter feeds about how every foul someone got decapitated, it’s just not true. Hand checking…people were not grabbing you the entire 48 minutes. They were not fouling you the entire 48 minutes. The defenses had slower people, less athletic people. You had bigs that couldn’t show on stuff. You had guys get open looks all the time in this game…just from guys forgetting about people. Hell, Barkley got forgotten about just because everybody turned ball side and he ran behind people. That’s ridiculous. Watch these games from the 90’s. You’re gonna rethink all this stuff.”

“And you left out they’re losing people while the spacing is terrible. Everybody is 5 feet apart from everybody else and they’re still losing people.” added Bill Simmons

NBA Big Brother, everytime a team loses they vote off 2 players, last team with players remaining win the championship.

NBA Big Brother, everytime a team loses they vote off 2 players, last team with players remaining win the championship.

I am intrigued and would love this idea except you’re going to end up with the bums of all bums playing 2v2 for chip

Great NBA what if. With the fourth pick in the 96 draft the Bucks took Marbury and the Timberwolves took Ray Allan with the fifth pick and swapped. You wonder what happens if KG and Allan play together for ten years

I’d take Ben Wallace over Camby but everything else I was fine with

NO way you take Nash and his stolen MVPs over AI.

They had good reasoning. Basically, no matter who was around him the offense was Iverson and he was their identity and it's not a good enough 1-man show to win a title. Nash was the star of a team that had a title "stolen"

They had good reasoning. Basically, no matter who was around him the offense was Iverson and he was their identity and it's not a good enough 1-man show to win a title. Nash was the star of a team that had a title "stolen"

Also we have learned your guard shooting 20+ times at a 40% clip is bad

Yes you do Nash was a better player than Iverson.
That is laughable. People hated AI and Kobe so they hyped Nash up. He was a media creation. AI is tens times the player Nash is. AI and Kobe should both have another MVP. No other MVP has had stats as bad as Nash. Better floor generals that won more with better stats didn't win MVP.

That is laughable. People hated AI and Kobe so they hyped Nash up. He was a media creation. AI is tens times the player Nash is. AI and Kobe should both have another MVP. No other MVP has had stats as bad as Nash. Better floor generals that won more with better stats didn't win MVP.

MVP is often about narrative. Kobe didn't win more MVP's because the narrative was "Kobe chased off Shaq so he could shoot 27x a game and win 45 games." Maybe Nash didn't deserve either MVP but Nash was the face of a revolutionary offense and the NBA was pretty weak at the time.

Who hated AI? I have never met anybody who hates him and I liked him more than Nash. He's overrated. You can build a winning team around him but it's not easy. Nobody has got more mileage out of one finals run than AI.

Last edited:

Nash was the better passer. Nash was the more efficient scorer. Nash was the better teammate. Nash was the better shooter. Nash consistently won more. Nash had a longer prime. Saying AI is 10x the player Nash is pure ignorance even if you think AI is better.

Nash was the better passer. Nash was the more efficient scorer. Nash was the better teammate. Nash was the better shooter. Nash consistently won more. Nash had a longer prime. Saying AI is 10x the player Nash is pure ignorance even if you think AI is better.
He's trying to hide how he really feels, "Nash was white".

Reactions: volsarelife1
MVP is often about narrative. Kobe didn't win more MVP's because the narrative was "Kobe chased off Shaq so he could shoot 27x a game and win 45 games." Maybe Nash didn't deserve either MVP but Nash was the face of a revolutionary offense and the NBA was pretty weak at the time.

Who hated AI? I have never met anybody who hates him and I liked him more than Nash. He's overrated. You can build a winning team around him but it's not easy. Nobody has got more mileage out of one finals run than AI.

AI was a great talent and his durability is astounding. But with what we know now about basketball (and sports) it's clear he was overrated. Not that I blame people for having that opinion in 2005. We didn't know any better. Like how people thought Jeter was a great defensive SS.

AI was a great talent and his durability is astounding. But with what we know now about basketball (and sports) it's clear he was overrated. Not that I blame people for having that opinion in 2005. We didn't know any better. Like how people thought Jeter was a great defensive SS.
5x Gold Glove winner baby. :cool:

AI would have won multiple titles with Dirk. Replace Nash with AI and the Mavs have a dynasty. Replace Nash with AI on the Suns and they win a title or two. AI is and was the better player.

All PGs get a stat boost with Dantonio. All his guards put up empty stats and never win chit.

He's trying to hide how he really feels, "Nash was white".

I hate ignorance.
That has zero to do with it. I'm sure I was one of the only guys on here saying Luka would be a star in the NBA. I'm sure he is white. I think Bird is a greater player than LeBron. He is white too.

Nash is overrated.

Now we know better? lmao. AI is better. 12 more career ppg only 2 less apg 1.5 more steals, 1 more rebound.

What we know better about now is that all pgs put up numbers with Mike Dantonio. Empty stats and no chips. Nash never averaged double digit assists without the system. He was a good player that benefited from an innovative coach.

lets be real, even Jeremy Lin put up numbers in that system and he is terrible. His per 100 with MD and the Knicks was comparable to Nash's peak years.

AI was the better scorer by a mile, Nash a better passer but only averaged two more assists per game for his career, AI was a better defender.
Nash won more with much better teams. Dallas would have won a title with AI prime Finley, Dirk, and Juwan Howard.

AI had the MUCH MUCH longer prime. He was in his prime starting rookie year and it went for 11 more, Nash had a seven or eight year run starting at age 30. He was an ok player for the majority of his career and an All Star caliber player for 7 or 8 years. AI 11 All Star games to Nash 8 All Star games.

Nash should have zero MVPs. The needle was moved on what MVP meant to fit a narrative to give it to Nash and not AI, Kobe or Shaq. Stockton had much better years and no one even thought about him for MVP, Isiah had better years with no MVP, even CP3 had a year or two better than Nash's MVP years. Still no MVP. No pg

Just look at this. lol

Steve Nash 2006 56 of 56 and also 49 of 56

LMAO at claiming Iverson's prime started his rookie year and Nash's at 30 (4 years after his first all star appearance) so that you can say AI had a longer prime.

^proof positive discussing this with you is not worth the time.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back