2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Greenfield now 20 and 0 on the season as they win over South Fulton 69 to 29. Seven games away from an undefeated regular season.

If I remember correctly Greenfield has always been a small power especially back in the late 80's possibly even early 90's... it not like Bradford was. It's really amazing how much good basketball comes out of those towns with a couple traffic lights.

Greenfield 80 Lake County 31 The score was 70 to 18 at halftime when the Greenfield coach cleared the bench.

Last edited:
From what I've seen on these highlights tapes, the LadyVols need to go after Edie Darby also.
She may be small in height, but man she can really shoot the 3-pointers and she is quick as a cat.
She is a sophomore maybe she will get a little taller we usually don't recruits 5'6" but I agree she is a really good looking player. She gets in them passing lanes and has a great looking three point stroke.

Can we get an updated list on confirmed signees for the 2020 class? I get lost in all the threads.

That's freaking elite shooting! I pray that she can play SEC level defense because, if she can, she's just what we've needed for so long. She shoots better from 3 than anyone but Davis shoots from the field.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
That's freaking elite shooting! I pray that she can play SEC level defense because, if she can, she's just what we've needed for so long. She shoots better from 3 than anyone but Davis shoots from the field.

Come on that is HS in the SEC and against teams like State you will need to create your own shot if not you will never be in trouble. I`m not saying she can`t we will just need to wait and see. I lwatched Mizzu and ARK yesterday and yes Mizzu folded. But the problem for them there are maybe 1or 2 players on that team that can create there own shot it was turnover city.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Come on that is HS in the SEC and against teams like State you will need to create your own shot if not you will never be in trouble. I`m not saying she can`t we will just need to wait and see. I lwatched Mizzu and ARK yesterday and yes Mizzu folded. But the problem for them there are maybe 1or 2 players on that team that can create there own shot it was turnover city.

Or implement an offense that gets shooters open (see DePaul, Stanford, UConn for examples)

In WCBB there is almost always space to get off a 3, especially if you are an elite shooter and can knock it down from 25'. Right now we pass up open 3s (except for Davis and Brown) for wild, flailing runners and TOs.

I really don't know how good or bad Darby will be. I know that she was able to hold her own and more against the best players in AAU ball the Silver Streak actually won the title. Her high school stats are amazing and they've won one state title and will soon be going for another. She can shoot well beyond the three point line with accuracy. She has over 800 rebounds and 300 steals so hard for me to think she can't help at Tennessee.

In WCBB there is almost always space to get off a 3, especially if you are an elite shooter and can knock it down from 25'. Right now we pass up open 3s (except for Davis and Brown) for wild, flailing runners and TOs.

True ! and i said before the game yesterday the match up between Brown and Herbert Harrigan was not a good match up for brown and right at the start of the game they with after her. If you notice Dawn recruit players that not can only shoot but disrupt the other team offensive game with speed. So lets hope our players can do the same.

Reactions: 37620VOL
True ! and i said before the game yesterday the match up between Brown and Herbert Harrigan was not a good match up for brown and right at the start of the game they with after her. If you notice Dawn recruit players that not can only shoot but disrupt the other team offensive game with speed. So lets hope our players can do the same.

She worked on that jumper she didn’t always have that in her arsenal. Credit to her for expanding her game

Reactions: djtee
Mizzou’s problem yesterday was they missed probably 10 bunnies I mean wide open layups.

Reactions: djtee

Do you think we are playing so much zone to cover the man-to-man limitations of Brown and KK?

Reactions: StrangeVol
I watched the video of Tess bombing those 3 balls.....Mercy me, she can stroke it.
I'm going to stay positive on this young lady...Give her just a slight opening and it's another 3 ball....GameTime likes a lot.
9482444.jpg

I watched the video of Tess bombing those 3 balls.....Mercy me, she can stroke it.
I'm going to stay positive on this young lady...Give her just a slight opening and it's another 3 ball....GameTime likes a lot.
9482444.jpg

I notice she plays the wing in HS i don`t see her playing that at the next level SG i would say ?

VN Store

Back