2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Tennessee Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt
Opening Statement:
“It was a great football game. We obviously came out on the wrong end of it. It’s a tough pill to swallow. It’s hard to figure out how we lose that game, but there’s two fourth-and-ones that we don’t get. We have two guys running open for touchdowns before the half that we don’t get and we end up settling for field goals. We turned the ball over in the red area. We don’t get a turnover. We’ve got one turnover in two weeks. Then, we give up a 70-yard play with 17 seconds left on the clock. It’s hard to figure that one out, but hey, we’ll go back. We’ll coach them up. We’ll get them to where we understand situations better. One thing I will say is we had some guys that were fighting out there on both sides of the ball. It was a hell of a game. It was a competitive game. We didn’t get the breaks there at the end. We’ve got to get back on our feet this next week and get going. Give BYU credit, they never gave up, they kept fighting, they did a nice job and won the game.”

On message to guys in the locker room: “First of all, we had a lot of guys at fault. A lot of guys at fault. They played really, really hard. But the bottom line is that there are a couple of errors that we made in the game that you can’t do. Things you just don’t do. We made a couple of those errors in the game, and it’s tough to win against anybody when you make errors like that. It’s a tough pill for everybody to swallow. Everybody worked hard this week and responded the right way. We have to go back and do the same thing this next week.”

With all the We's, You's and they's and no "I's or my's,,,peppered in with "it's hard",,,,this could have just as easily been a CHW presser.

Tennessee Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt
Opening Statement:
“It was a great football game. We obviously came out on the wrong end of it. It’s a tough pill to swallow. It’s hard to figure out how we lose that game, but there’s two fourth-and-ones that we don’t get. We have two guys running open for touchdowns before the half that we don’t get and we end up settling for field goals. We turned the ball over in the red area. We don’t get a turnover. We’ve got one turnover in two weeks. Then, we give up a 70-yard play with 17 seconds left on the clock. It’s hard to figure that one out, but hey, we’ll go back. We’ll coach them up. We’ll get them to where we understand situations better. One thing I will say is we had some guys that were fighting out there on both sides of the ball. It was a hell of a game. It was a competitive game. We didn’t get the breaks there at the end. We’ve got to get back on our feet this next week and get going. Give BYU credit, they never gave up, they kept fighting, they did a nice job and won the game.”

On message to guys in the locker room: “First of all, we had a lot of guys at fault. A lot of guys at fault. They played really, really hard. But the bottom line is that there are a couple of errors that we made in the game that you can’t do. Things you just don’t do. We made a couple of those errors in the game, and it’s tough to win against anybody when you make errors like that. It’s a tough pill for everybody to swallow. Everybody worked hard this week and responded the right way. We have to go back and do the same thing this next week.”

With all the We's, You's and they's and no "I's or my's,,,peppered in with "it's hard",,,,this could have just as easily been a CHW presser.
There is an old saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Over the last ten years, a lot of players have been led to the river to drink its water; however, many have chosen not to drink. Maybe they are not yet thirsty enough. Don't let them play and maybe they will become thirsty. I don't think they are being asked to drink poisoned water.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
There is an old saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Over the last ten years, a lot of players have been led to the river to drink its water; however, many have chosen not to drink. Maybe they are not yet thirsty enough. Don't let them play and maybe they will become thirsty. I don't think they are being asked to drink poisoned water.

What seems to be lost in this entitled world is that it is still the job of coaches to coach the players.

The cowboy who doesn't recognize that his horse is thirsty will wear his hat atop boots, not hooves.
The horse will not ask (cept for Mr. Ed)...The rider must know

What seems to be lost in this entitled world is that it is still the job of coaches to coach the players.

The cowboy who doesn't recognize that his horse is thirsty will wear his hat atop boots, not hooves.
The horse will not ask (cept for Mr. Ed)...The rider must know

Haha okk

The staff was at Fairmont HS last night watching Maddy Westbeld. Notre Dame was also in attendance.

Great to show her that we are interested in her.... She will have a visit with us on 10/4. She is a consensus top 20-30 pick for 2020 . Angel is my pick , but wise not to put all your eggs in one basket ! Could we get both ???? Boy would that be something!

Last edited:
EEER4uNXUAIKdSf

So for those who are wondering:

September 9 began the "contact period" which is defined by the NCAA as a time when "a college coach may have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, watch student-athletes compete and visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents."

So basically basically going to high school open gyms or a recruit's home and talking with them. It is likely that the staff will be in Maryland soon for an in-home visit with Reese, and also perhaps in the Chattanooga area for both Hayes and Hunt.

September 9 began the "contact period" which is defined by the NCAA as a time when "a college coach may have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, watch student-athletes compete and visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents."

So basically basically going to high school open gyms or a recruit's home and talking with them. It is likely that the staff will be in Maryland soon for an in-home visit with Reese, and also perhaps in the Chattanooga area for both Hayes and Hunt.

Checking Reese’s Twitter.... the picture of the S.C. Coaches was an in home visit !!!! Their second visit !

Nice info.

Reactions: RollerVol
The staff was at Fairmont HS last night watching Maddy Westbeld. Notre Dame was also in attendance.

I like to look at where are the schools of interest are located verses where the recruits home town ! Because of family being able to watch games close by verses having to travel! And now days .... Television coverage , etc.

Schools of interest :
Norte Dame = 254 miles away @ 4 hour drive.

UT. = 300 miles away @ 4.5 hour drive.

South Carolina = 547 miles away @ 8.5 hour drive.

If any of this matters ?? Just of interest....🤷‍♂️

I like to look at where are the schools of interest are located verses where the recruits home town ! Because of family being able to watch games close by verses having to travel! And now days .... Television coverage , etc.

Schools of interest :
Norte Dame = 254 miles away @ 4 hour drive.

UT. = 300 miles away @ 4.5 hour drive.

South Carolina = 547 miles away @ 8.5 hour drive.

If any of this matters ?? Just of interest....🤷‍♂️

There is no interest between SC and Westbeld. She’s fairly close to Ohio State and the family should be used to traveling to ND by now. IMO she’s ND’s to lose but who knows....

Reactions: Will83
There is no interest between SC and Westbeld. She’s fairly close to Ohio State and the family should be used to traveling to ND by now. IMO she’s ND’s to lose but who knows....

You never know look at the Samuelson sisters then one went to UConn. My You never know was about SC wasn’t in her top 5 I meant about the NDs to lose part. I am fairly certain after their last class SC can be a little more selective in who they go after. You probably are right about ND but kids these days the only thing to expect is the unexpected😂

Last edited:
Reactions: SCspur and Will83

I could see Notre Dame ! But if SC has no interest..... Why have an in home visit????? TWICE ??? 🤷‍♂️

I could see Notre Dame ! But if SC has no interest..... Why have an in home visit????? TWICE ??? 🤷‍♂️

I think you have Maddie Westbeld confused with Angel Reese who SC is definitely after. Tenn is involved with both so I could see how that confused you, but yes SC has visited Reese twice and will get an official in October.

Reactions: RollerVol and lvocd
You never know look at the Samuelson sisters then one went to UConn. My You never know was about SC wasn’t in her top 5 I meant about the NDs to lose part. I am fairly certain after their last class SC can be a little more selective in who they go after. You probably are right about ND but kids these days the only thing to expect is the unexpected😂

Fairly different IMO. As good as Stanford was at the time KLS said she wanted to win championships(although that didn’t happen) and didn’t want to play in light behind her sisters. Maddy has seen her sister grow and win a championship under a coach that has probably known her for almost 10 years now... McGraw probably has the best relationship with her out of all the coaches that’s recruiting her which I why I said she’s ND’s to lose BUT stranger things has happened....

Reactions: lvocd

VN Store

Back