2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

I hope that Kellie offering Madison Hayes again will turn into a top recruit for Tennessee. I know Kentucky is probably the leader and Miss St has gotten involved. She has had home visits with Bama, Louisville, and many others we'll see if we can steer her to Tennessee.

Last edited:
eliminated a long time ago.

Would be shocked if she doesn't stay in Fayetteville. Program on the rise, final four coach who is fun to play for and home just down the street. She would be great on a Neighbors team with her shooting ability.

Last edited:
Reactions: sccshortstop
The recruiting plan for 2019-20 has the new dimension of transfers as significant in the late Spring/early Summer. Obviously, LV were at a disadvantage given staff changes. And of course reacting to the loss of two players. Crafting the message on re-establishing the LV Brand between now and this Fall as well as for recruiting in future years is just beginning.

Personally I would be satisfied if KJH attracted one significant player who can play this coming season.

2019 recruits: We can only wonder what relationships Holly's staff had with to-be seniors that are still positive/active between players and KJH staff. And those players would have been involved with the LVs for years.

The first time offer of Madison Hayes would be a player that HW's staff had not offered. I will classify as getting in "late."

A fourth priority is becoming the new LV face -active with sophomores and juniors.

I am positively curious as a fan on recruiting for this coming year.

The recruiting plan for 2019-20 has the new dimension of transfers as significant in the late Spring/early Summer. Obviously, LV were at a disadvantage given staff changes. And of course reacting to the loss of two players. Crafting the message on re-establishing the LV Brand between now and this Fall as well as for recruiting in future years is just beginning.

Personally I would be satisfied if KJH attracted one significant player who can play this coming season.

2019 recruits: We can only wonder what relationships Holly's staff had with to-be seniors that are still positive/active between players and KJH staff. And those players would have been involved with the LVs for years.

The first time offer of Madison Hayes would be a player that HW's staff had not offered. I will classify as getting in "late."

A fourth priority is becoming the new LV face -active with sophomores and juniors.

I am positively curious as a fan on recruiting for this coming year.

One thing of note, however...I’m fairly certain Madison Hayes held an offer from the former LV staff as well.

The recruiting plan for 2019-20 has the new dimension of transfers as significant in the late Spring/early Summer. Obviously, LV were at a disadvantage given staff changes....

Check out @girl4allsports’s Tweet:

Sydney Parrish is a really good 3point shooter who is gritty and mixes it up on the defensive end.

Sydney Parrish (a Hoosier girl) verballed to Oregon --- sad, she will be very, very good --- BTW I noticed that this year Oregon did not have a single Oregon girl on the roster

I’m all for getting at least 2 recruits for next season. I think we need a versatile, guard/forward role player, and we need at least one true post player.

June is here - any updates on the 2019-20 players that the LV staff is active with?

June is here - any updates on the 2019-20 players that the LV staff is active with?

No updates, but I heard that Jordan’s high school teammate Sakima Walker is interested in Tennessee. Idk if coach Harper and company are interested or have scouted her, but I hope so.

Reactions: mcannon1
Sakima Walker plays like Vicky Baugh...She's a tiger under the basket on offense and defense.....Harper has to be lookin close at her.

Reactions: Hangtyme24
No updates, but I heard that Jordan’s high school teammate Sakima Walker is interested in Tennessee. Idk if coach Harper and company are interested or have scouted her, but I hope so.

I think it’s a good sign that Jordan is enjoying Knoxville and working with Kellie & Co. if her former teammate wants to join her there. :)

I think if we offer Samika Walker she will be a Lady Vol maybe were waiting to see what Cardosa does but I wouldn't wait to long Walker is an elite player.

Reactions: Hangtyme24
Olivia Cochran from Columbus, Georgia, is a 2020 recruit. Also Jersey Wolfenbarger of Fort Smith, Arkansas, Class of 2021.
I’m pretty sure we’ve offered Jersey Wolfenbarger. Others have mentioned Olivia Cochran very favorably.

We’re rapidly approaching the new school year, and the time when we start to see more of those top five lists! Of course, our staff has been playing catch up, so there could be a few (perhaps several) they’re quietly pursuing. And, there are several top-notch and top-rated players still undecided. One standout is Dalayah Daniels, from Washington state.
She’s listed anywhere from six-two to six-four, with guard-level handles, persistent rebounder, great passer; scores from the arc to the basket with her left or right hand. Defends from perimeter to paint. Can grab the rebound and run the break. So, on balance - size/length, handles, range, defense, speed (with ball), marksmanship ...one of, If not the most versatile player in the class! But, she might be too far away, and we might be too far behind.

Walker gets another major college offer from Auburn. Evidently our recruiting is going well that we have not offered her yet.

Walker gets another major college offer from Auburn. Evidently our recruiting is going well that we have not offered her yet.

I wonder does KK having a year left after this year, Key and Saunders, along with the possibility of McCoy possibly getting 3 years have something to do with it ? She def is worth the offer but I wonder with having 4 posts coming back do they go to the 2021 class ?

Don’t get me wrong I’d love to have her and I am def interested in seeing how she develops as she has made a jump in the rankings this summer :)

I wonder does KK having a year left after this year, Key and Saunders, along with the possibility of McCoy possibly getting 3 years have something to do with it ? She def is worth the offer but I wonder with having 4 posts coming back do they go to the 2021 class ?

Don’t get me wrong I’d love to have her and I am def interested in seeing how she develops as she has made a jump in the rankings this summer :)
That could be it or another post player that they want a little more. Usually want a post in every class of course we have two in the freshman class this season. KK is a junior this year I think McCoy is a sophomore. I don't think we'd take more than one inside player in this next class and I have wondered how Cardosa feels about the new coaching staff she wasn't gonna play for Holly, but nothing about if she is interested now.

I think you're both - VAVOLFAN, Volfan2012 - right: that KK and Lou Brown are rounding into shape, and Kamera Harris is showing promise; that they are pleased with the two, six-five freshmen - Emily and Tamari - and Miss Jaiden (she'll bring attitude!)
That, they expect a huge step toward greatness for the very talented Rennia Davis; and big improvement from the trio of six-foot sophomores - Massengill, Burrell, and Greene - and a few daggers from Miss Rennie.

That they are absolutely giddy over the spectacular Jordan Horston!

The broader point: There's enough talent and diversity in the group on campus, to allow for a very selective approach for the one, or two players they might be targeting.
Of course, they must be looking at Kamilla Cardoso; but, the talls already signed will be very good. And, with or without a true, 2020 Big, we might still sign one of those previously discussed by many - Hunt, Hayes, Reese, Cochran, Westbeld; Daniels, Clark (OK, so maybe I'm the only one struck on those two).
Are there others?
Is Cardosa the key?
Or, do we already have the Key(s) for a deep tournament run?
I think so.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2 and PRG

VN Store

Back