2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Her crossover is deadly ! We need that break you down fast paced guard who can slither through the D. I think E leaving opens up a PG position for the 2020 class sitting behind a junior and sophomore is better than sitting behind a senior, junior, and sophomore.

True !

Yes, so do you think Ms. Key will be the rim protector and put some opponents on their butt if need be? The more I see her videos I am getting excited for her to add some muscle and rim protect .

Ditto. It’s also going to be interesting to see if Jon can make any noticeable improvement to Kasi’s game this season. Sometimes it’s hard to break old habits and replace them with new ones in post players. KK really had come along nicely by the end of last season, but the team is going to need consistently strong play from her next year.

Yes, so do you think Ms. Key will be the rim protector and put some opponents on their butt if need be? The more I see her videos I am getting excited for her to add some muscle and rim protect .

I have met her she is a good friend of Azura Stevens as for Key she is a rim protector she can hold her own against the top post players in the class. they list her at 6-5 but her coach said 6-6 Key is the real deal.

I have met her she is a good friend of Azura Stevens as for Key she is a rim protector she can hold her own against the top post players in the class. they list her at 6-5 but her coach said 6-6 Key is the real deal.

Looking forward to Tamari sending some opponents' shots into the cheap seats.

the attached is a quote from USC Staley on communication with players today in reference to a player who was going to transfer being reinstated. The key to me is whether a coach can and does communicate. KJH in her press conference made an interesting point that family and players are blurred as she considers her players as family. Players who played for PHS were very clear they were family. So important in recruiting with honesty.

“I think when you sit down and actually talk to a young person and figure out what it is that bothers them, what it is that moves them, what it is that they aspire to become, the conversations are a lot better,” Staley said. “When you’re having to hear from other people other than the source — and I’m our team’s biggest source. I’m the one that really can have the biggest impact in their life, but I also am a truth-teller. And it’s not always something that they want to hear, but I also through this process learned that I have to sit down and give them a voice and let them talk and let them figure out what they want in life and we put a plan together and we work towards that.”

I have been missing this, I too hope she can be a force in the paint defensively. I miss being a team where the opponent thinks twice out bringing it into the paint. We haven't had a player who would protect the rim and swat shots since Candance. That was my biggest beef with Mercedes, everyone was always focused on her offense, but she was not physical on defense. She did an OK job defending the other teams post play, but she contributed nothing to making sure guard penetration was punished.

If Tennessee wins the games they should along with an upset or to next season, elite recruits will come back. As noted by the Iowa big girl, you do not have to be highly rated to be successful.

Knowledgeable Boarders have kept us informed on players being recruited for several years now. I will be willing to be the scribe and will create a comprehensive initial list and let recruits decisions whittle it to the few the LVs are recruiting.

How likely are we to get Kamilla Cardosa and Treasure Hunt? Angel Reese would be another great find.

Kamilla Cardosa P TN PN 10 ESPN 8
Treasure Hunt W TN PN 12 ESPN 28
Dontavia Waggoner W TN PN 27
Sarah Andrews PG TX PN 4 ESPN 6
Hannah Guster P TX PN 7 ESPN 7
Natalijia Marshall P NY PN 16 ESPN 12
Angel Reese W MD PN 5 ESPN 5
Madison Hayes G TN PN 54 ESPN 50
Maddie Scherr PG KY PN 25 ESPN 25
Shelby Calhoun G KY PN 46 ESPN 29
Abbey Crawford W TN
Elauna Eaton W AK

Reactions: Ladyvol777
Beautiful picture! Is HH closing after this semester? If so where will Treasure and the other kids play ball?

VN Store

Back