Filled:
Arkansas State- former Tennessee HC Butch Jones
South Alabama-Indiana DC Kane Wommack
South Carolina-Oklahoma assistant Shane Beamer
Southern Miss-Tulane OC Will Hall
Utah State-Arkansas St HC Blake Anderson
Vanderbilt- Norte Dame DC Clark Lea

Last edited:
Intriguing to me to see Army’s Monken pop up as a name at Vandy. A la Paul Johnson. The SEC is obviously better than the ACC, but would still be one of those teams that is hard to prepare for and surprise a few teams every year

Intriguing to me to see Army’s Monken pop up as a name at Vandy. A la Paul Johnson. The SEC is obviously better than the ACC, but would still be one of those teams that is hard to prepare for and surprise a few teams every year
I’ve never understood why lower tier P5 programs don’t hire guys who run the triple option. Like you said, if Vandy was a triple option team, they’d be hell to prepare for. I remember a few years ago when Ga southern went to Alabama and ran the ball down the throats of their Defense. Saban even admitted in the post game presser how hard it was to prepare for them.

If I were AD at the schools looking for a coach, this is who I would hire:

Arizona- Nevada HC Jay Norvell. Fall back options would be Craig Bohl and Steve Sarkisian.

Auburn- Matt Campbell would be the first call with Hugh Freeze and Billy Napier right behind him.

Illinois- Lance Leipold from Buffalo is the obvious choice.

Vandy- Army HC Jeff Monken.

Reactions: golfballs
Purdue head football coach Jeff Brohm has announced that defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Bob Diaco will not return to the Boilermakers’ staff.

Purdue head football coach Jeff Brohm has announced that defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Bob Diaco will not return to the Boilermakers’ staff.
That guy's star has fallen off a cliff. He was Notre Dame's DC for the first part of Brian Kelly's tenure; had an awesome defense and won the Broyles Award, and was linked with a bunch of HC jobs. The one he took (UConn) isn't a great job, he was bad there, and was fired. Since then, he's been at 4 going on 5 different schools in different roles (DC, LB coach).

VN Store

Back