2020 Bama loss vs 2021 Bama loss

Dude we got embarrassed. They beat us by 4 freaking TDs. How is that not embarrassing???
We are down 20 players transfers and injuries and playing walk ons and and went to #4 Bama and played them toe to toe for 3.5 quarters. Are you kidding? I don’t care about their garbage TDs we are improving so much and everyone can see it. When CJH gets depth we will be winning these battles in the line

We're a few 5 star players from seriously having a chance against the cream of the SEC. Hope CJH can get that done as I do think he is the best HC since CPF's glory days.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
You can either have a glass half full or glass half empty outlook to this game. I think us playing them hard for 3 quarters with a chance to win in the 4th quarter is pretty dang impressive all things considered.

Getting skull drugged is getting skull drugged. There is no other way to say it. You can say we were under manned, injuries, depth, Pruitt, Fulmer, whatever you want. The bottom line is Bama used and abused us. The scoreboard reflects that. They will be even better next year and will get either the #1 or #2 recruiting class again. While we will be lucky to get a class in the top 25.

We are down 20 players transfers and injuries and playing walk ons and and went to #4 Bama and played them toe to toe for 3.5 quarters. Are you kidding? I don’t care about their garbage TDs we are improving so much and everyone can see it. When CJH gets depth we will be winning these battles in the line

That’s moral victory talk. We got road graded. Plain and simple. We are not gonna get the quality depth needed to beat Bama. Why? Because it takes time to get that. And guess what? They will get better as well.

Yes we are improving. But not really against the top tier SEC teams. You have to crawl before you can walk and it sucks.

Getting skull drugged is getting skull drugged. There is no other way to say it. You can say we were under manned, injuries, depth, Pruitt, Fulmer, whatever you want. The bottom line is Bama used and abused us. The scoreboard reflects that. They will be even better next year and will get either the #1 or #2 recruiting class again. While we will be lucky to get a class in the top 25.
I'm sure a Pesky NCAA investigation has nothing to do with our recruiting at all....

You can either have a glass half full or glass half empty outlook to this game. I think us playing them hard for 3 quarters with a chance to win in the 4th quarter is pretty dang impressive all things considered.

My Outlook is the glass has water in it, that's it. Lmao.

This feels like the game against UGA in Athens that Pruitt cried with pride after and UGA had scored 14 points in the 4th quarter to beat us 38-12. Alot of folks were all sunshine and rainbows about the future that day too. Now, I've seen a hell of a lot more fight this year than I ever saw out of Pruitt's teams and I'm encouraged by that but our 15th straight loss to Bama, 52-24 is nothing to celebrate in any way, shape or form.

My Outlook is the glass has water in it, that's it. Lmao.
If you want to ignore the 3 quarters we played Bama close and only focus on the 4th quarter then fine.

I just know that under Pruitt, the game would've been out of hand by the end of the 1st. There's clear improvement both offensively and defenisvely under Heupel.

What if I think the glass is too big?

we’re moving in the right direction…finally.
It’s ok if the legions of the miserable don’t understand it

52-24 is pretty embarrassing lol
Come on, anybody that understands football knows that score was not indicative of the game going into the fourth quarter, If not for another horrible call by the refs and the review where Young fumbled before crossing the plane, the game might have been a lot more interesting down the stretch.

I'm sure a Pesky NCAA investigation has nothing to do with our recruiting at all....

I know it is but that’s part of my point. How do you get the athletes needed to compete with the big boys? I mean if we have one down year in recruiting that puts us back a couple of years in the SEC.

If you want to ignore the 3 quarters we played Bama close and only focus on the 4th quarter then fine.

I just know that under Pruitt, the game would've been out of hand by the end of the 1st.

My point is I don't want to ignore either one. Both happened. Im not gonna ignore the first 50 minutes, that **** was so refreshing to be going toe and toe with them, BUT I'm not going to ignore the last 10 minutes either.

Plus yeah I agree mostly, but this game was very similar to 2019. Remember we were basically in it late in the game until the JG rouge play. Same here, but it was the Hooker INT that ended it. However the major difference is, this teams roster is obviously way thinner, and Bama wasn't playing their backup QB.

Come on, anybody that understands football knows that score was not indicative of the game going into the fourth quarter, If not for another horrible call by the refs and the review where Young fumbled before crossing the plane, the game might have been a lot more interesting down the stretch.

Ah moral victories and what if’s. The eternal thinking of a TN Vol fan. I understand football. Nowhere near like others but I understand enough to know the score tells the story. We got thrashed. End of story.

Reactions: Volfan76
We were playing Alabama not South Carolina. We have no depth. Our best offensive lineman did not play. Our top running back is not 100%. Our defense played about 40 minutes tonight. Believe it or not Alabsms has a very good team. Their QB is a freshman playing like a Senior. We played them on the road and even with all this we were in the game in the 4th quarter. I'm proud of the effort or guys gave tonight.

The plays the broke our back was 3rd and 15 giving up like 60+ yard pass. And the INT sealed it. Yes the refs were very bad, too though.

When it was 38-24 and we were moving the ball, that interception for a 47 yard run back was when the wheels came off. They got the easy TD and now, to the casual observer, seeing the score looks like another Alabama mauling. That pass was poorly thrown - the only one who could have caught that was the Bama DB. Played tough for 3 quarters at least.
The pass was where it was supposed to be Paytin ran the wrong route. Smh

Reactions: 1985Vols
Proud of the fight from the boys. Coaching staff is the best one since the Fulmer days.
Most didn’t give em a snowball’s chance in hell of even being in the game, and we’re down by 7 in the 4th.
Almost 100 yards penalties
No running game.
Key injuries in O-line
Defense on the field way too long. Just got gassed and didn’t have quality depth to rotate in. It will come.
Anybody who loves scoring has got to love this offense.
Defense is solid- overperforming for the most part. Just need depth to overcome injuries and keep fresh rotation.
These guys would run through a wall for CJH. That is exponentially better than the culture under the gump.
Correction: Best since Kiffin days. We’ve been within one score 2x in the last 15 tries, and neither one were with Fulmer at the helm.

VN Store

Back