2020-21 Season. JG Potential

Will JG be a top-5 SEC QB this season?

• Total voters
Sorry, but you are really reaching.

Plus, your argument is a red herring, anyhow. Just because JG might be better than the other QBs from last season’s team (and that is debatable)...does not in any way prove where he stands against other QBs in the conference.

The bottom line is that he has to improve, because we need way more from that position than we got last season.
Who said he stands against other conference QBs?

Lol, you must be trolling now. Let it be known, in the game of football stats don't matter according to this guy.
And let it be known that you’re in recruiting as a profession but you wouldn’t have Pat Mahommes, Aaron Rodgers or Lamar Jackson on your team because they have “flawed” mechanics and posses the ability to throw off their back foot. 😉.

Reactions: EZE
And let it be known that you’re in recruiting as a profession but you wouldn’t have Pat Mahommes, Aaron Rodgers or Lamar Jackson on your team because they have “flawed” mechanics and posses the ability to throw off their back foot. 😉.
Another childish remark. You've got no clue what I do or how it works, you've really got no clue at all I feel. Once again, stats don't matter at all to this guy as he knows what he sees! Lol

Sorry, but you are really reaching.

Plus, your argument is a red herring, anyhow. Just because JG might be better than the other QBs from last season’s team (and that is debatable)...does not in any way prove where he stands against other QBs in the conference.

The bottom line is that he has to improve, because we need way more from that position than we got last season.
Do you feel the same way about our running game, does it need to improve or just JG?

Another childish remark. You've got no clue what I do or how it works, you've really got no clue at all I feel. Once again, stats don't matter at all to this guy as he knows what he sees! Lol
Oh, so that’s just a Maurer thing then huh? Those three I mentioned are different because you don’t have an agenda against them?

And you’ve always seemed the type that will eat your crow when/if the time comes.
Yes. I would. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Doesn't change the reality of this situation. Maurer won't be here next season.
Don't get me wrong. I think Maurer has some talent and potential but he isn't where he needs to be yet, in regards to taking over for JG. When JG is gone, Bailey and Salter pretty much seals the deal on Maurer leaving if he wants to play.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Idk where you get these stats from dude. Go back and WATCH THE GAMES! It’ll serve you well. There’s no way in hell he was only 45% on third. 45% doesn’t even explain how he moved the offense between the 20s. And now that that’s been brought up, NO ONE moved the offense better than Maurer and that’s not even debatable.
Brian Maurer Stats, Splits | ESPN

I got the stats from his profile on ESPN. I don't care if your eyes remember the one or two good third downs he had. He was garbage on third down. Even worse than his usual inaccuracy and turnover prone play.

in fact three of his five ints were on third.

He did not move the ball better or he would have better stats and would have played more.

lmao

Our running game should improve ALOT this coming season. I really do think we are going to see a vast improvement. Last season our running game was seriously lacking.
...and the year before that. And the year before that.

I keep saying it over and over. Eventually, we're going to start running the ball halfway decent again - especially in the redzone - and whoever is at QB is going to mysteriously look competent.

...and the year before that. And the year before that.

I keep saying it over and over. Eventually, we're going to start running the ball halfway decent again - especially in the redzone - and whoever is at QB is going to mysteriously look competent.
100 percent correct and like I said, our running game will improve this season. Alot.

All aspects of the team need to continue improving, but QB was/is the glaring weakness.
So you don't think us ranking 3rd worst in SEC in rushing the football was a huge glaring weakness? 144 yards a game, less than 100 yards rushing vs Ga State. We have a conservative coach who is a defense 1st type style, if we don't improve our running game significantly it doesn't matter who is playing QB.

Oh, so that’s just a Maurer thing then huh? Those three I mentioned are different because you don’t have an agenda against them?
Those are 3 of the best QBs in the world right now, even remotely comparing BM to them would be a joke evaluation wise as there just aren't any similarities between him and them.

Absolutely not. Bailey alone would make me say no. We also really need JGs experience this season.
I don't think many, if any Vol fans would trade QB rooms with Ga or several other SEC programs either. I think, considering the shutdown, that the best QB room currently in the SEC is between FL, Texas A&M and TN. Pruitt has done a great job at the QB position I feel, especially considering how bad our overall team was in '17 & '18. We're set for this year and down the road as well I feel.

VN Store

Back