*****2019 VolNation Signing Day Thread

tumblr_oyosso0FyY1wzvt9qo1_500.gif
Such Boomage. Many wow...

Reactions: tbh
There is away someone like you jumping too quick with expectations every year. Still a year at least away for that.

Got it the first time. There is away someone, or two realist like you that are so cereal you never know when others are joking. Some real valid Victorians around here always smarter than everybody else.

Yeah I agree. I love what CJP has done with this recruiting class. But it’s the sum of 2, 3, and 4 recruiting classes that will get the job done. Freshmen are freshmen and this is only 1/4th of the roster give or take.

You're still new enough I understand you agreeing with the pre Madonna's before you get to know you're way around.

Welcome to VN!!

You're wrong about next year too. I'm only gonna say this once so pay attention. We gonna win 9-10 next year.

Only saying it once so it won't get seen by too many and no one will remember I said it.
Fixed 👍👍👍
Screenshot_20190206-204959_Chrome.jpg

All in all it was a good day indeed. Closing with those 2 today was strong. I'm glad they didn't add any fillers to increase the numbers. Quality was needed, not quantity. Save scholarships for those who can play at this level. Building a good foundation and some meaningful depth. Last year was a rush job, this year addressed some needs, next year will probably be better in rankings if they keep working this hard. I'd summarize things as promising, looking more positive.

First chance I've had to look at it, can't be any less than thrilled with this class. Closing with two 5's and Henry T makes this class a slam dunk IMO. Great start to build on. GBO!

Reactions: 1955bamavol
Just checked in- beyond impressed with thread, crow recipes, and especially what the football coach (and lord knows the bagmen and boosters) have pulled off!!!
Kaboom!!

Yes, Pruitt did sign Aubrey Solomon from Michigan in the transfer portal and he will be eligible to play in 2020, he was a former 5* recruit that had a grand total of 24 tackles in 19 games at Michigan, no sacks, no PDs, no forced fumbles, no fumble recoveries. Those facts are indisputable, two years in a power 5 program and limited production. However, I also believe that some kids sign with programs and are not a good fit for the coaches or scheme and need to transfer, Solomon is probably that type of player. There is no guarantee this former 5* will be productive when he can play in 2020. Hope he is, but his track record thus far is not stellar.

Deangelo Gibbs is a different story, former 4* recruit that Bama wanted but Georgia sniped. He did not do anything at GA, 8 total tackles as a safety in 2 years, was moved way down on the depth chart. He needed a change of atmosphere and kudos to Pruitt for seeing him as a WR (very athletic) and being able to have him transfer to UT. I think imho, he will have a greater impact than Solomon in 2020.

I hope they both perform extremely well. I assume your statement above is suppose to convey positivity for Pruitts recruiting prowess, I however only see them as two players who made commitments, couldn't hack it at their current power 5 school and needed a change. Nothing wrong with that, but I would not hang my hat on recruiting ther transfer portal unless they were all Alvin Kamara........

But closing this 2019 class, UT may get Wright, but Pruitt and staff will miss on everyone else on the board. Again, I hope I am wrong and I will eat fried crow if he gets To'oto'o......

I am being a realist, and I do follow recruiting very closely......
Gibbs was a beast WR in high school and is going to play WR here so he was on the wrong side of the ball. Solomon has a staff around him that will bring his potential to the table...he has the God given natural ability.

No si
No sir you are correct, but by the way these people are talking in here today they've decided to have a pity party instead of being happy with the talent that we have secured to play for our great program. If they would have followed recruiting some they would've known kind of where we stood with each recruit before today.
And those 2 don’t count towards our recruiting rank otherwise we’d be a top 10 class.

I've never really followed any recruiting until this year mostly from just off season boredom/optimism about the new staff. And honestly the extent of my "following" it was all on VN. I'm not on Twitter, dont have any subscriptions - and never will. VN is good enough for me to read what others are inputting.

That said, signing To'oto'o yesterday was pretty intense. Hahaha! Everyone counting down the minutes until the top of the hour then the 24 minutes of agony past the top of the hour. Server teetering on the brink *website not found* when refreshing. Stealing To'oto'o from the evil empire!! Hahaha! I'm hooked, good stuff! And a great class man I hope they get coached up!!

Reactions: 1955bamavol
You're wrong about next year too. I'm only gonna say this once so pay attention. We gonna win 9-10 next year.

Only saying it once so it won't get seen by too many and no one will remember I said it.
Are you high or delusional?? 9-10 wins next year??? Uh no...not enough depth in a lot of areas and such. 7 wins is the ceiling for next year and maybe 8 should they win their bowl to finish 8-5. 2020 we SHOULD be 9-3 with a shot at 10 wins including the bowl....just being realistic....

Are you high or delusional?? 9-10 wins next year??? Uh no...not enough depth in a lot of areas and such. 7 wins is the ceiling for next year and maybe 8 should they win their bowl to finish 8-5. 2020 we SHOULD be 9-3 with a shot at 10 wins including the bowl....just being realistic....

Seriously? I'm "high or delusional" for saying 1 or 2 more than you say? Lol. Aight.

Also, if you haven't figured it out already....never mind. Salute.

Reactions: malinoisvol
It appears Sports Illustrated is impressed with our Vols placing them as one of the biggest winners of signing day: Winners and losers of National Signing Day 2019

Tennessee

The Volunteers jumped from the back of the top 20 to the fringe of the contenders for a top-10 finish in the class rankings with a late-afternoon surge that Jeremy Pruitt hopes will lay the foundation for the type of program he wants to build in Knoxville. Huntington (W. Va.) High School five-star offensive tackle Darnell Wright followed through on what many expected him to do and signed to give Tennessee two five-star tackles in this year's class, joining Wanya Morris, who signed in the early period. He was joined by four-star linebacker Henry To'oto'o, four-star safety Anthony Harris and three-star cornerback Kenney Solomon to bulk up the first class Pruitt had a full year to construct. A few more classes like this (and some big wins that prove Pruitt is up to the tasks of developing this talent and deploying it in big games), and Tennessee will begin to move away from the position of ridicule among the SEC's most storied programs.

VN Store

Back