17---Wisconsin---0-0---436
19---Iowa---0-0---343
20---Michigan State---0-0---313
21---Washington State---0-0---274
22---Syracuse---0-0---227
23---Stanford---0-0---200
24---Iowa State---0-0---169
25---Northwestern---0-0---161

Others receiving votes: Nebraska 152, Boise State 118, Mississippi State 111, Miami 94, Army 91, Kentucky 79, Virginia Tech 64, TCU 63, USC 47, Fresno State 32, Utah State 32, Virginia 30, Cincinnati 25, West Virginia 24, Memphis 24, Oklahoma State 20, South Carolina 15, NC State 12, Duke 10, Boston College 5, Florida State 4, Baylor 4, Appalachian State 4, Houston 3, North Texas 3, Temple 2, Arizona State 2, UCLA 2, Minnesota 1, Ole Miss 1, Tennessee 1, Troy 1

Not one Coastal Team. The ACC is a joke.
Exhibit A of why I'd be absolutely floored at this point if Dabo went to Alabama when Saban retires.

He's won multiple titles at Clemson, salary is/will no longer be a differentiator between the two jobs, and his path to a CFP spot is infinitely easier in the ACC. The only division opponent that can pose a threat to Clemson over a significant period of time is FSU, and they currently are in a state of total disarray. Dude has it made, even if "Momma" calls.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Exhibit A of why I'd be absolutely floored at this point if Dabo went to Alabama when Saban retires.

He's won multiple titles at Clemson, salary is/will no longer be a differentiator between the two jobs, and his path to a CFP spot is infinitely easier in the ACC. The only division opponent that can pose a threat to Clemson over a significant period of time is FSU, and they currently are in a state of total disarray. Dude has it made, even if "Momma" calls.

Saban sold his soul to the devil, he'll live forever and will never leave Alabama

Reactions: Booker512

This is true. Bama will make it very hard for him to say no though.

Sometimes you just want a change of scenery and also a new challenge, not to mention the facilities at Bama are much better and he's a Bammer at heart. He shouldn't leave, tho. Why go be, at best, the 3rd favorite Bama coach ever when you can be king of Clemson forever?

Why is UK getting so many votes? They lost everyone good from their once in a generation team of last year.
They should be really good on both lines of scrimmage. They certainly lost impact players, but stoops has recruited well enough where there shouldn’t be a massive drop off. An 8-4 season should be a pretty realistic goal.

Reactions: TNfan#2
Sometimes you just want a change of scenery and also a new challenge, not to mention the facilities at Bama are much better and he's a Bammer at heart. He shouldn't leave, tho. Why go be, at best, the 3rd favorite Bama coach ever when you can be king of Clemson forever?
That was true several years ago - not anymore though. There's basically nothing to separate those 2 jobs now, and Clemson offers an easier path to a playoff spot.

How the hell does Nebraska go 4-8 and then end up ranked 26?
They return 7 starters on each side of the ball, including Adrian Martinez, who has star potential at quarterback. That in addition to the fact that they lost five games last season by a total of 21 points, and you can see why a lot of people expect them to make a significant jump in the second season under frost.

They should be really good on both lines of scrimmage. They certainly lost impact players, but stoops has recruited well enough where there shouldn’t be a massive drop off. An 8-4 season should be a pretty realistic goal.

UK gets Miss State and Arkansas from the West. What a joke . I guess they could get 8 wins, but i stil think they lost too much from last year. I see them at 6-6 of 7-5 w/ losses to UF, UGA, UT, USCjr, Mizzou and Miss State.

They return 7 starters on each side of the ball, including Adrian Martinez, who has star potential at quarterback. That in addition to the fact that they lost five games last season by a total of 21 points, and you can see why a lot of people expect them to make a significant jump in the second season under frost.
That, plus a lot of people are simply high on Scott Frost and assume he's "the guy," plus they play in the Big Ten West.

That, plus a lot of people are simply high on Scott Frost and assume he's "the guy," plus they play in the Big Ten West.

Wasn’t Martinez a verbal to us at one point ? One of many players who are big time players now at other schools.

Say what? Clemson just opened a new $55 million facility which is widely considered the best in the country.

I live 20 mins from Clemson. Lake front stadium, very nice little college town. Way nicer than Tuscaloosa as a whole.

Not one Coastal Team. The ACC is a joke.

Why is UK getting so many votes? They lost everyone good from their once in a generation team of last year.

Mark Stoops, in his 6 years at the helm in Lexington, has either held steady or improved.

2-10, then 5-7, 5-7, then 7-6, 7-6, then 10-3 last year. While past performance is no guarantee or indicator of future success, considering the overall history and performance of Kentucky, after the last three seasons Stoops has definitely given the program a touch of legitimacy. I don't expect them to win the East, but a repeat of last year isn't impossible.

Reactions: Remy
Mark Stoops, in his 6 years at the helm in Lexington, has either held steady or improved.

2-10, then 5-7, 5-7, then 7-6, 7-6, then 10-3 last year. While past performance is no guarantee or indicator of future success, considering the overall history and performance of Kentucky, after the last three seasons Stoops has definitely given the program a touch of legitimacy. I don't expect them to win the East, but a repeat of last year isn't impossible.

I’ll disagree and say they can’t pull together that many wins versus quality opponents like last year. If they beat Florida again, then maybe, but I think they lost too much.

VN Store

Back