2019 NBA Offseason - Beastmode Cowboy Edition

They're never going to be good unless they pair old stars with young stars. You can load up on young guys, but they are likely gone before they reach their potential. I feel like you gotta risk it.

He’s not coming back. You risk when there is a chance. There’s no chance he stays.

They have all their picks. They’ll have cap space very soon. And if Zion is a legit top five player in the league type of guy, the best way to build is going to be through the draft.

I’ve seen some rumors that Minnesota would get involved as the 3rd team in that scenario. D-Lo and KAT would make a good duo but I’m not sure they have the pieces to pull off a trade. Minny has the 11 pick, Saric, and Okogie as far as young assets

I hear they are tight. I just think Utah is a better situation, but we never get the guy. I'm not sure I want him anyway, especially if it's a trade (what's the price in FA?)

He’s not coming back. You risk when there is a chance. There’s no chance he stays.

They have all their picks. They’ll have cap space very soon. And if Zion is a legit top five player in the league type of guy, the best way to build is going to be through the draft.

I totally disagree. $84m is so much money for a big with injury history to walk away from. He'd have to be crazy to be at a point where there is no chance. I get it if it's a terrible situation, but none of the big market destinations are a better situation.

I totally disagree. $84m is so much money for a big with injury history to walk away from. He'd have to be crazy to be at a point where there is no chance. I get it if it's a terrible situation, but none of the big market destinations are a better situation.

If it was about the money, he would already have accepted the contract. He just told Griffin he wants a trade knowing they have Zion. He doesn’t want to live in New Orleans. He’s not staying.

If it was about the money, he would already have accepted the contract. He just told Griffin he wants a trade knowing they have Zion. He doesn’t want to live in New Orleans. He’s not staying.

It's only $32m if he gets traded, which he might make up in a bigger market. It's $84m if he doesn't get traded. More than 2.5x as much. This is likely why he's taking such a hard line. If he doesn't get traded, it's a game changer.

It's only $32m if he gets traded, which he might make up in a bigger market. It's $84m if he doesn't get traded. More than 2.5x as much. This is likely why he's taking such a hard line. If he doesn't get traded, it's a game changer.

Yes I know how the contracts work. He doesn’t care. What’s the difference between $170M sand $250M when you’ve already banked over $150M, have a big contract with Nike, and want to play in a big market? The only difference between $170M and $250M is $80M. It’s not going to affect his life in any way if he takes $84M less. Especially if you go to a title contender.

Yes I know how the contracts work. He doesn’t care. What’s the difference between $170M sand $250M when you’ve already banked over $150M, have a big contract with Nike, and want to play in a big market? The only difference between $170M and $250M is $80M. It’s not going to affect his life in any way if he takes $84M less. Especially if you go to a title contender.

It's not $170m and $250m, it's $146m and $230m. The difference is it's 57% more money.

Do we even know what his Nike contract is worth? He's only made $94m from the NBA, and half of it is gone to taxes. FWIW, googling it, his net worth is estimated at $30m.

Why are you so sure that he doesn't care?

Last edited:
You make it sound like $80 million is chump change

How is Vucevic’s defense? I thought I read that Bagley was the worst defensive frontcourt player in the league this past year. I don’t ever expect Bagley to be any better than average on that side

He's decent, not really a rim protector but uses he's body well to force bad shots and keep guys from getting deep position. I would say Adams is a decent comparision on D, minus his idiot coach making him jump every damn PNR so he isn't caught in no mans land all the damn time. Crap, sorry about that had a flashback. Lol

Reactions: n_huffhines
AD isn’t staying. And nothing they can get back makes up for him.

Both things can be true.

They’ll get some package they feel best about - AD will play a rental year somewhere - and we’ll treat it like we have Kawhi all year.

It's not $170m and $250m, it's $146m and $230m. The difference is it's 57% more money.

Do we even know what his Nike contract is worth? He's only made $94m from the NBA, and half of it is gone to taxes. FWIW, googling it, his net worth is estimated at $30m.

Why are you so sure that he doesn't care?

My figures were off. I’m also at work. So I’m just rounding stuff up lol

He will make $127M after this year. I don’t know his Nike contract, I assume it’s a few million at minimum.

And if he cared he wouldn’t have demanded a trade a year and a half before his contract ended. Can you name me the last guy that demanded a trade and then took the big max contract?

My figures were off. I’m also at work. So I’m just rounding stuff up lol

He will make $127M after this year. I don’t know his Nike contract, I assume it’s a few million at minimum.

And if he cared he wouldn’t have demanded a trade a year and a half before his contract ended. Can you name me the last guy that demanded a trade and then took the big max contract?

The supermax contract didn't exist until 2 years ago and nobody has walked from it.

I don't think $ is everythin and I take a 25% pay cut to have a great work situation...but make it a 57% pay cut and I'm changing my mind. When you have millions, you spend millions and you always want more.

I agree that a 3rd team is the way to go. I don't think they get full value for any package that LAL, LAC, NYK, BKN, or BOS will put together on their own.
I wonder if the Lakers (or Nets) would trade either Lonzo or DLo to the Bulls or Suns to their pick, then ship it to NO.

I wonder if the Lakers (or Nets) would trade either Lonzo or DLo to the Bulls or Suns to their pick, then ship it to NO.

#4 pick
#6 pick
Hart or Kuzma
Ingram

I would finally like the Lakers package. Do you think the Suns would send Bridges to NO for Ingram? That would be phenomenal.

VN Store

Back