2019 Hot Seat

SI guy sticking with his Helton fired story..the more I read this is a no brainier...11 out of 12 in 2020 Pac-12 recruiting...under 60k average attendance. Apparently Urban Meyer wants the job..gotta pull the trigger

Here's the latest Coaches Hotseat List

1) Tom Herman Texas
2) Kevin Sumlin Arizona
3) Will Muschamp South Carolina
4) Mark Dantonio Michigan State
5) Derek Mason Vanderbilt
6) Scott Frost Nebraska
7) Randy Edsall UConn
8) Manny Diaz Miami
9) Dana Holgorsen Houston
10) Chip Kelly UCLA
11) Bobby Wilder Old Dominion
12) Joe Moorhead Mississippi State
13) Dana Dimel UTEP
14) Clay Helton USC
15) Walt Bell UMass
16) Doug Martin New Mexico State
17) Pat Fitzgerald Northwestern
18) Mike Bloomgren Rice
19) Steve Campbell South Alabama
20) Philip Montgomery Tulsa
21) Tom Arth Akron
22) Mike Locksley Maryland
23) Jeff Brohm Purdue
24) Lovie Smith Illinois
25) Dave Doeren NCSU
26) Gary Patterson TCU
27) Jeff Tedford Fresno State
28) Geoff Collins Georgia Tech
29) Seth Litrell North Texas
30) Dino Babers Syracuse

Coaches Hot Seat 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: VolnJC
Kinda off topic but I’m in the Detroit airport right now and Jim Harbaugh is boarding plane to Denver. UM fans mobbing him for selfies.....he doesn’t look happy. Could he be on the hotlist?

Kinda off topic but I’m in the Detroit airport right now and Jim Harbaugh is boarding plane to Denver. UM fans mobbing him for selfies.....he doesn’t look happy. Could he be on the hotlist?

I don’t see Michigan ever firing JH. I think it would probably be a mutual parting whenever that happens. Unless he’s completely worn out from it, I just don’t see him being able to finish his time in Ann Arbor without a win over Ohio State.

I don’t see Michigan ever firing JH. I think it would probably be a mutual parting whenever that happens. Unless he’s completely worn out from it, I just don’t see him being able to finish his time in Ann Arbor without a win over Ohio State.
I think Jim Harbaugh will wind up sometime soon in the NFL and that will spare Michigan from firing him

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
If it were up to me I would have Jimbo Fisher of Texas A&M also on that list;)
is aggy really this pathetic? | SicEm365

Dude just has to stew to 7-5 or 6-6 each year and be chill. Theres absolutely no incentive since he is guaranteed the $75 million. I think at most he get $1 million for winning the natty but he signed the best contract ever.

clubhi said:
Jimbo might had been worth $75 million as a world beater Flordia St coach, but as a subpar aggy coach probably not

Now now, subpar is a little harsh, aggy seems to be right at par these days.

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Can't wait for a whrons/aggy matchup in the Texas Bowl or will the SEC duck it again. They place their teams according to who they think they can defeat.

By that logic, the SEC will tell Texas A&M to just stay home this year.

Last edited:
What does that even mean?
Means that he never officially signed a contract. Which might get FSU off the hook for some, most, or all of his buyout. This happened to Billy Gillispie at Kentucky. He never signed a contract either and only got half of what his buyout called for.

Interestingly, two of the Vols 2017 coaching candidates could be fired as early as next season. Brohm & Doeren.

Brohm is 10-15 in 2 seasons since that time. Doeren went 4-8 this year and got clobbered by their rival.

Interestingly, two of the Vols 2017 coaching candidates could be fired as early as next season. Brohm & Doeren.

Brohm is 10-15 in 2 seasons since that time. Doeren went 4-8 this year and got clobbered by their rival.
Brohm is safe. They just signed him to massive 7-year deal a year ago. Plus they dealt with a ton of injuries this season so that gives a little bit of a reprieve. Now another poor season and he’ll definitely be on the hot seat going into 2021.

Gonna be an interesting off season
View attachment 242459

I honestly think South Florida is the best job on that list. Second would be Ole Miss based on the fact that they've proven they'll do, ahem, whatever it takes to build a support system for a coach. but South Florida's talent pool and financial resources are amazing. Great place for someone to build a name and move on.

And I agree with the earlier poster who said that Washington was crazy for giving Lake a 5 year contract. Granted, all coaches contracts are crazy these days, but there's no way he should have that long or any kind of buyout considering he's a complete newbie. Totally unproven.

Reactions: VolnJC
I honestly think South Florida is the best job on that list. Second would be Ole Miss based on the fact that they've proven they'll do, ahem, whatever it takes to build a support system for a coach. but South Florida's talent pool and financial resources are amazing. Great place for someone to build a name and move on.

And I agree with the earlier poster who said that Washington was crazy for giving Lake a 5 year contract. Granted, all coaches contracts are crazy these days, but there's no way he should have that long or any kind of buyout considering he's a complete newbie. Totally unproven.
I think South Florida will rehire Willie Taggart

VN Store

Back