2019 Hot Seat

From the Baylor (Sicem365) fan forum:

Mitch Henessey
6:45p,11/18/19

Got a buddy who used to work in the Auburn athletic department, and now is a writer for one of the AU sites. I kid you not, this is the word going around the BMD base on the Plains: Malzahn is likely fired regardless of whether they beat Alabama or not, and the leader in the clubhouse to take over is...Kevin Steele.

Lol at Auburn if true. Like Kevin "Stole" did soooo well his first time around as a HC. 😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I know Northwestern is horrible this year, but who is going to do better than Fitzgerald has? He probably needs to make some staff changes, particularly on offense, but you can’t rid of him. Pat Fitzgerald is Northewestern.

He probably needs to find a Quarterback. Hunter Johnson is terrible. Don't think Aidan Smith is much better either.

But yeah ... would be insane if they wanted to get rid of Fitzgerald. 3 of their best years since WW2 have come under him. The only other success I can remember them having was that 2-year stretch under Barnett in the mid 90s when they went 10-2 (and played in the Rose Bowl) and 9-3 in back to back seasons. And that was 2 years out of 7 that Barnett was there and he was considered a wild success.

Northwestern and Duke are pretty comparable IMO. If you can just go to a bowl game most of the time, you're doing well there. And Fitzgerald has gone to a bowl game 9 out of the last 12 seasons.

Coaches Hot Seat is the truly the biggest pile of crap in the college football universe. It's absolutely terrible in its predictions.

Seriously, they have Dave Doeren at #55 right now. He is easily top 5 "on the hot seat" but they have him as being pretty safe. He's been consistently mediocre at NC State and now at 4-7, he has to be in high danger.

Meanwhile they constantly put 1st and 2nd year coaches in the top 10 with no recognition that most schools (Florida State and Arkansas aside) understand that it takes more than 2 years to turn around a program. Scott Frost should not be #2. Nor should Mark Dantonio be #1.

Reactions: Gandalf
Coaches Hot Seat is the truly the biggest pile of crap in the college football universe. It's absolutely terrible in its predictions.

Seriously, they have Dave Doeren at #55 right now. He is easily top 5 "on the hot seat" but they have him as being pretty safe. He's been consistently mediocre at NC State and now at 4-7, he has to be in high danger.

Meanwhile they constantly put 1st and 2nd year coaches in the top 10 with no recognition that most schools (Florida State and Arkansas aside) understand that it takes more than 2 years to turn around a program. Scott Frost should not be #2. Nor should Mark Dantonio be #1.

It’s kind of funny the names you’ve mentioned in the last post where you quoted me and now talking about Doeren and State, Johnson was a one time commit and last year we were supposed to be wooing Dave Doeren to come here. We finally missed well for once.

The thing about Doeren getting some heat is that even though they typically finish 3/4 in the Atlantic he has beaten UNC a lot. That matters a whole, whole lot to State. State fans and alums hate UNC more than they love NC State. It’s kind of a Auburn and Alabama relationship minus the college football success and relevancy. State isn’t going to a bowl, but if they beat UNC next weekend it’s an acceptable year.

I know it's Arizona and their football fanbase isn't exactly what I'd call "rabid" but Sumlin's seat has to be red hot. His first season was 5-7, and now he's lost 6 straight and probably will lose against next week against Arizona St. to finish 4-8.

I live in Missouri now and was at the game last night. At church this morning some Mizzou fans were talking about firing Odom. I said give me your top 3 to replace. And asked them if they were ready to be in an arms race against FSU and Arkansas. The apathy has set in for them

Reactions: BUBear and 508mikey
I live in Missouri now and was at the game last night. At church this morning some Mizzou fans were talking about firing Odom. I said give me your top 3 to replace. And asked them if they were ready to be in an arms race against FSU and Arkansas. The apathy has set in for them
did anyone say Derek Dooley after all he has HC experience in the SEC

Missouri has enjoyed their little run. The tides are turning and Tennessee is back. I’d expect Mizzou, USCjr, and KY to be competing for fourth place in the east from here on out.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Here's The Latest Coaches Hotseat List

1) Tom Herman Texas
2) Kevin Sumlin Arizona
3) Barry Odom Missouri
4) Gus Malzahn Auburn
5) Steve Addazio Boston College
6) Derek Mason Vanderbilt
7) Mark Dantonio Michigan State
8) Will Muschamp South Carolina
9) Joe Moorhead Mississippi State
10) Randy Edsall UConn
11) Scott Frost Nebraska
12) Dana Holgorsen Houston
13) Manny Diaz Miami
14) Bobby Wilder Old Dominion
15) Bob Davie New Mexico
16) Steve Campbell South Alabama
17) Matt Luke Ole Miss
18) Dana Dimel UTEP
19) Pat Fitzgerald Northwestern
20) Walt Bell UMass
21) Tony Sanchez UNLV
22) Mike Bloomgren Rice
23) Mike Bobo Colorado State
24) Clay Helton USC
25) Doug Martin New Mexico State
26) Charlie Strong South Florida
27) Philip Montgomery Tulsa
28) Frank Wilson UTSA
29) Tom Arth Akron
30) Dino Babers Syracuse

Coaches Hot Seat 2019

Reactions: butchna and MAD
Here's The Latest Coaches Hotseat List

1) Tom Herman Texas
2) Kevin Sumlin Arizona
3) Barry Odom Missouri
4) Gus Malzahn Auburn
5) Steve Addazio Boston College
6) Derek Mason Vanderbilt
7) Mark Dantonio Michigan State
8) Will Muschamp South Carolina
9) Joe Moorhead Mississippi State
10) Randy Edsall UConn
11) Scott Frost Nebraska
12) Dana Holgorsen Houston
13) Manny Diaz Miami
14) Bobby Wilder Old Dominion
15) Bob Davie New Mexico
16) Steve Campbell South Alabama
17) Matt Luke Ole Miss
18) Dana Dimel UTEP
19) Pat Fitzgerald Northwestern
20) Walt Bell UMass
21) Tony Sanchez UNLV
22) Mike Bloomgren Rice
23) Mike Bobo Colorado State
24) Clay Helton USC
25) Doug Martin New Mexico State
26) Charlie Strong South Florida
27) Philip Montgomery Tulsa
28) Frank Wilson UTSA
29) Tom Arth Akron
30) Dino Babers Syracuse

Coaches Hot Seat 2019
Crazy that 6 sec coaches are on the list. Even after Pruitt left.

VN Store

Back