*****2019 Early Signing Day Thread, updated as the commits sign

It's easy to tell that Coach Pruitt has great character without him having stayed and I respected him for staying, it's also evident that CJP took on too much too early and that carried over into the season causing some to think he was in over his head. Last year's class was a zero save 3-4 players and had he and staff worked last year like they did this year I believe recruiting would have been better in the 18 class.

Well, thanks captain obvious . . . brilliant I say, just freaking brilliant analogy . . . And when did CJP and company begin "working" on the 2018 class? Maybe 3 weeks prior to the early signing period? What is your point?

GBO

It's easy to tell that Coach Pruitt has great character without him having stayed and I respected him for staying, it's also evident that CJP took on too much too early and that carried over into the season causing some to think he was in over his head. Last year's class was a zero save 3-4 players and had he and staff worked last year like they did this year I believe recruiting would have been better in the 18 class.
Dude he only had 3 or 4 weeks to try and salvage a class when he got here. On top of that, at least one of those weeks was a dead week for recruiting.

Reactions: BigDave
Exactly. When we're getting curb-stomped by also-rans in the conference the pumpers tell us we have to be patient until we get the talent. Then when we don't get the talent we're told we don't need it because our coaching staff somehow finds three-stars that everyone else missed that are better than the five-stars. Still waiting for that philosophy to pan out...

Blah, blah, blah

Dude he only had 3 or 4 weeks to try and salvage a class when he got here. On top of that, at least one of those weeks was a dead week for recruiting.
I'm well aware how much time he had. I'm a huge fan of Pruitt's, I'm just saying that the 8hrs a day for 5 weeks he spent coaching the tide would have likely landed another top prospect or 2 last recruiting cycle had he spent that time in Knoxville, and I think it would have helped the staff out a bit as well. I thought we did a good job recruiting last season under the circumstances and believe Pruitt deserves an A- for this class as it currently sits, that goes to A+ if we land the 4 big fish we are all hoping to get. Drops to a B- if we don't land any of the big recruits left and end up finishing this class out with 7 more 3 stars.

I'm well aware how much time he had. I'm a huge fan of Pruitt's, I'm just saying that the 8hrs a day for 5 weeks he spent coaching the tide would have likely landed another top prospect or 2 last recruiting cycle had he spent that time in Knoxville, and I think it would have helped the staff out a bit as well. I thought we did a good job recruiting last season under the circumstances and believe Pruitt deserves an A- for this class as it currently sits, that goes to A+ if we land the 4 big fish we are all hoping to get. Drops to a B- if we don't land any of the big recruits left and end up finishing this class out with 7 more 3 stars.
Gray is landed...I think it's a B+ at this point as is. He lands a few more 4 or 5 stars it'll be an A!

We might want to ask our rookie head coach if he has the FB equivalent of more coaching wins than John Wooden too. Jus' sayin'.
Just sayin, how many wins or not doesn’t mean shat, that’s history . How high Dufus or botch classes were ranked didn’t mean shat, look how they turned out.
Needs and SEC talent, from a coach that actually knows what the he/: it takes to win in the SEC trump all the class ranking and star counting you Butch Jones equivalent crybaby fans get off on.

and if the role was reversed you'd crucify the guy...LOL

Last edited:
Moving on.

Tennessee’s 2019 Recruiting Class Overview: Where it stands now, Needs, Remaining targets

The next top 3 to watch are:

1. 5* OT Darnell Wright
2. 4* ATH Quavaris Crouch
3. 4* LB Henry To’oto’o

The first two seem to be in our favor at the moment. Just imagine if we got Henry To'oto'o. He is a sacking machine!
Check him out.
Henry To'oto'o, 2019 Inside linebacker - Rivals.com

Thoughts?

Landing all three would be awesome, if Banks does move permanently to LB and paired with To'oto'o would be a great start to the LB corps and with Taylor coming back with his experience . . . bright future!!

I would like to see at least two more DL sign, specifically NT/DT to beef up the line of scrimmage.

All in all, I think that this class is shaping up to be a Top Ten class.

GBO

Landing all three would be awesome, if Banks does move permanently to LB and paired with To'oto'o would be a great start to the LB corps and with Taylor coming back with his experience . . . bright future!!

I would like to see at least two more DL sign, specifically NT/DT to beef up the line of scrimmage.

All in all, I think that this class is shaping up to be a Top Ten class.

GBO
How did Banks get to be considered such a stud?

VN Store

Back