*****2019 Early Signing Day Thread, updated as the commits sign

The OL signees are exciting, but not enough of them nor DL. This class just isn’t going to cut it considering how our rivals are recruiting. Very disappointing effort from Pruitt.

The OL signees are exciting, but not enough of them nor DL. This class just isn’t going to cut it considering how our rivals are recruiting. Very disappointing effort from Pruitt.
Do you not realize we have won 9 GAMES in 2 years???? This recruiting thing is a work in progress. Now if this team starts ripping off consecutive 9 win seasons you will see a huge change. Until then we go with what we got...

Do you not realize we have won 9 GAMES in 2 years???? This recruiting thing is a work in progress. Now if this team starts ripping off consecutive 9 win seasons you will see a huge change. Until then we go with what we got...

90% of us agree with you man. He's a troll, they'll be gone until NSD if we just ignore them.

5-7....16th recruiting class? Didn't Pruitt say this year we would be "on top"? I know...who cares what he says right? I get not lambasting him cuz this wasn't the best situation...but we went from 10th Rivals class to 16th. Sorry...I can't get excited about that. Sick of pretending everything is wonderful with this guy.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Looks like 4 solid OL, 2 NT, a DE/DT and a DE/OLB that actually played an undersized NT in HS have already signed this class. 8 out of 17 signees so far on the lines of scrimmage. With another 5 star OL and OLB likely. IMO that looks like a strong class building inside out. Add in the two 4 star CB's and a 4 star safety, TE and WR and a solid QB prospect. Hopefully we can finish the class strong and have a good offseason now.

5-7....16th recruiting class? Didn't Pruitt say this year we would be "on top"? I know...who cares what he says right? I get not lambasting him cuz this wasn't the best situation...but we went from 10th Rivals class to 16th. Sorry...I can't get excited about that. Sick of pretending everything is wonderful with this guy.

16th really isn't bad coming off a 5-7 season, and we are still a heavy lean on some of the non-early signing recruits. We should land 4* RB Gray (Grey?) tomorrow and that'll also give us a boost. I know it may not be there with UGA and UA, but if the coaches can develop the players it will translate to more wins. More wins will translate to higher ranked classes moving forward.

Did any other 5-7 teams do better?

Im glad i had to drive 600 miles today and not keep up with the moaning and cry babies today. Thank goodness for the level headed ones on this site.
Agree. It gets old. Some around here still have hard ons for Chip Kelly and Gundy.

LOL

That's it boys. Let's pack up our **** and get the hell outta here. It's over. 13 months on the job and we're toast....

Dooley, with his first recruiting class - the one he had five minutes to put together and which came at the lowest point, at that juncture, in the history of the program - had the #7 class in the country. His second class, the equivalent of where Pruitt is right now, still ranked #14 - Derek Dooley. Jones' second class was #7 in the country. That class had more players signed, but it also had sixteen four-stars. We currently have seven.

I really wanted to believe in Pruitt, and he may yet prove to be the guy. But this is the person who said in no uncertain terms that we would be at the very top in recruiting, and at the moment we're a long, long way from that. If we have given up on being a national power and our new goal is just to beat Vandy every fourth year or so, we're right on track. If we still haven't given up on getting the program back to some semblance of what one would expect from the ninth-winningest program in D-1 history, #17 ain't gonna cut it.

I realize that this is just ESD. But it's ESD for all the teams ahead of us too, which means they'll also gain more players between now and NSD. We aren't going to make it back to where we want to be if we keep signing mostly three-stars.

As was stated on sports talk show today, 16th doesn't sound bad except for the fact that they are 7th in the SEC. It's hard to get to the top when your opponents in the conference are out recruiting you, but, they can change that somewhat if they can land some of their top targets such as Darnell Wright, Eric Gray, and a couple of other highly rated 4 or 5 star players.

As was stated on sports talk show today, 16th doesn't sound bad except for the fact that they are 7th in the SEC. It's hard to get to the top when your opponents in the conference are out recruiting you, but, they can change that somewhat if they can land some of their top targets such as Darnell Wright, Eric Gray, and a couple of other highly rated 4 or 5 star players.
Baby steps. Need to start with beating Mizz, Kentucky and Vandy on a regular basis before. Big time recruits start signing with us. Just the way it is.

Dooley, with his first recruiting class - the one he had five minutes to put together and which came at the lowest point, at that juncture, in the history of the program - had the #7 class in the country. His second class, the equivalent of where Pruitt is right now, still ranked #14 - Derek Dooley. Jones' second class was #7 in the country. That class had more players signed, but it also had sixteen four-stars. We currently have seven.

I really wanted to believe in Pruitt, and he may yet prove to be the guy. But this is the person who said in no uncertain terms that we would be at the very top in recruiting, and at the moment we're a long, long way from that. If we have given up on being a national power and our new goal is just to beat Vandy every fourth year or so, we're right on track. If we still haven't given up on getting the program back to some semblance of what one would expect from the ninth-winningest program in D-1 history, #17 ain't gonna cut it.

I realize that this is just ESD. But it's ESD for all the teams ahead of us too, which means they'll also gain more players between now and NSD. We aren't going to make it back to where we want to be if we keep signing mostly three-stars.
Not much difference between 3-4th and 7th in the Sec. 1 & 2 yeah but the rest is a wash

Dooley's class might've been 7th nationally, but it was 4th in the SEC and according to 247Sports, it had an average rating of .8845 per player.

Pruitt's class, right now, has just 17 signees and ranks 17th with an average rating of .8936. That's only going to jump up if UT signs guys like Eric Gray, Quavaris Crouch, and Darnell Wright.

Jeez, relax. All this overreaction is embarrassing.

Filling holes and upgrading are key, and I think this class does that. Still need LB
Tell Rick Barnes that we’ve gotta have 4 and 5 stars to win

Baby steps. Need to start with beating Mizz, Kentucky and Vandy on a regular basis before. Big time recruits start signing with us. Just the way it is.

But, when football season rolls around and we get beaten by this group, the mantra is ... "until we recruit some talent in here, then this is where were going to be". We're either gonna have to get more out of less on the field -or- get top recruits to come to a losing program. Either one. But "neither" won't work.

Reactions: MVPolice
Filling holes and upgrading are key, and I think this class does that. Still need LB
Tell Rick Barnes that we’ve gotta have 4 and 5 stars to win

We might want to ask our rookie head coach if he has the FB equivalent of more coaching wins than John Wooden too. Jus' sayin'.

This is the class we've got. You better hope they cut it or go find you someone else to cheer for before next fall.

But, when football season rolls around and we get beaten by this group, the mantra is ... "until we recruit some talent in here, then this is where were going to be". We're either gonna have to get more out of less on the field -or- get top recruits to come to a losing program. Either one. But "neither" won't work.
Exactly. When we're getting curb-stomped by also-rans in the conference the pumpers tell us we have to be patient until we get the talent. Then when we don't get the talent we're told we don't need it because our coaching staff somehow finds three-stars that everyone else missed that are better than the five-stars. Still waiting for that philosophy to pan out...

Reactions: livefaith

VN Store

Back