2019-2020 Men’s Basketball Team Rumors

My expectations are that we will continue our tourney streak and win around 20ish games. Tbh though I'm way more excited for the 2020-2021 season if we land Walker, Springer, and Johnson.

Reactions: Lurker
Not a rumor, but JESUS CHRIST pons.

Attachments

• D8B244BA-B30C-4848-ADCB-9C995C7C9D58.jpeg
    D8B244BA-B30C-4848-ADCB-9C995C7C9D58.jpeg
    889.7 KB · Views: 140
If Uros does get eligible, I think we win 20 games. If ORN turns out to be ahead of schedule, maybe 22 or 23. If both of those happen and James is a top 10 pick then 23-25 games.

The only real known commodities are Turner and Bowden, and Fulky's energy. Pons and Johnson need to step up.

Assuming this year is only decent to good (20-22 wins, and maybe a first round exit in the NCAA tournament), 2021 looks great.

Uros, sophomore ORN, Pember, and Gaines, possibly James, Bailey, senior Pons, Fulky, and Johnson, to go with Johnson and Walker at least, possibly Springer or Hall. That'd be top 3 in the sec again.

If Uros does get eligible, I think we win 20 games. If ORN turns out to be ahead of schedule, maybe 22 or 23. If both of those happen and James is a top 10 pick then 23-25 games.

The only real known commodities are Turner and Bowden, and Fulky's energy. Pons and Johnson need to step up.

Assuming this year is only decent to good (20-22 wins, and maybe a first round exit in the NCAA tournament), 2021 looks great.

Uros, sophomore ORN, Pember, and Gaines, possibly James, Bailey, senior Pons, Fulky, and Johnson, to go with Johnson and Walker at least, possibly Springer or Hall. That'd be top 3 in the sec again.

If Springer or Hall join Walker and Johnson, then it approaches Fab 5 level of freshmen impact only with a more veteran supporting cast.

Reactions: Goalpost82
-5716091891289928282.jpgMaybe Pember doesn't need a redshirt after all. Ha. But where is Fulky?????

Last edited:
As much as that class would rock, I’m not sure that recruiting class would be #1 nationally let alone compared to the Fab Five.

The only reason it wouldn’t be top 3 is because of numbers. UK will add at least 5 guys every year, and Memphis will lose several after this year. If you simply add three 5 stars, that’s an unbelievable class.

The only reason it wouldn’t be top 3 is because of numbers. UK will add at least 5 guys every year, and Memphis will lose several after this year. If you simply add three 5 stars, that’s an unbelievable class.
This. Springer, Johnson, Walker, Hall and Ruzhentsev would be a Top 3 class in previous years and pushing for #1.

As for the current team, we’re all still awaiting word on the appeal for immediate eligibility for Uros Plavsic. There continues to be no word, but we continue to pick up a sense of optimism from those around the program about his chances.
It’s the biggest offseason question mark surrounding a team that those close to things quietly feel is going to be much better than outside observers suspect as of now. Of course, how Plavsic’s situation gets resolved will have a great deal to do with that.
-VQ

I would expect a pretty big drop off considering what we lost to the draft. Play hard, make the tourney, and it’s a great season then push for a huge 20-21.

Reactions: CAVPUT and Catbone
I would expect a pretty big drop off considering what we lost to the draft. Play hard, make the tourney, and it’s a great season then push for a huge 20-21.
I believe our guard play can be more relied upon without having Williams to post up every possession. We’ll see if Bowden/Turner/Johnson/new PG (forgot his name) can create something for us. Its possible our guard play is improved. Look for Bowden to take Richardson-type jump this offseason.

Reactions: Jack Burton

VN Store

Back